Status: Complete.

Sharpen Your Teeth and Bite as Hard as You Want

Chapter 3

The boys already had everything unloaded by the time I got ready. I changed into my stage outfit that consisted of my ripped skinny jeans and a black and white striped tank, complete with my white Toms. Butterflies were setting in as Joel walked up to me outside.

"You've done this a million times. You'll be fine." he said, pulling me into a hug.

I stayed there as long as possible, but the show was about to start. Joel walked me backstage where everyone was warming up vocals, beating on the walls, and strumming their guitars. Tony's girlfriend sat on the arm of the chair he was in, tuning his guitar. She was watching me like a hawk. I pretended not to notice, but it was a little strange. I zoned out for a second but was pulled back to reality by Vic.

"You look nervous." he said bluntly.

"I am." I replied turning to face him.

"You're an amazingly talented vocalist. You're gonna be fine." he said pulling me into a huge hug.

"Thank you for the pep talk." I said giving him a smile.

"No problem." he said with a wink.

"Jamie! We're on!" Matt called to me.

I grabbed a bottle of water and ran onstage with the rest of my band. Yeah, we were just the openers, but we had a pretty decent fanbase and we were opening for two really amazing bands. This was an honor.

Tony's POV
As The Word Alive took the stage, I stood up to go watch. I've heard they were fantastic. I asked Stephanie if she wanted to come watch, but she shook her head no and crossed her arms. I rolled my eyes and went anyways. I didn't want to miss out. Stephanie had been acting strange all day anyways. I don't know what her problem is. I stood on the side of the stage and smiled as TWA finished their intro, and Jamie began jumping around singing her heart out. Little did she know, I was a HUGE fan. I knew all the words and even knew a few of them on guitar. I bought their EP the day it was released, and I knew a lot more about the band than I let on.

Is that creepy enough yet?

I sang along to the songs quietly and watched Jamie jump around. She was absolutely stunning, and yeah, Steph is my girlfriend...but there's something about Jamie that just intrigues me. I think Steph is worried about it too. Jamie is just the kind of girl I would be close to, and the thought of that just kills Stephanie. She's not staying on the tour either, and she will be a nervous wreck.

I've already told her I love her. And she knows I wouldn't do anything to hurt her.

I just wish she'd believe me.

Jamie's POV
I noticed a familiar face standing on the side stage singing along to our songs. It was none other than Tony Perry, and I couldn't help but smile at the fact that he was watching. Once we were done, I skipped off stage and winked at Tony before brushing past him, into the dressing room. Joel greeted me with a kiss.

"Are you staying on the bus tonight, babe?" he asked me, while he changed his shirt.

I didn't answer right away because I was busy staring at his bare chest. I felt a smirk appear at my lips and Joel was laughing.

"Jamieeeeeee." he whined, covering himself.

I laughed at how cute he was and told him I would stay with him if he wanted me to. He nodded and continued to prepare for his performance, while I helped my boys load up our equipment and change. I pulled off my sweaty tank top and replaced it with my red Sleeping With Sirens tshirt. I pulled my hair into a high pony tail and wiped the sweat off my face with a towel. I went back inside to enjoy the show and hopefully to meet some fans afterword.

That's my favorite part of this job.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)