Status: Don't be fooled by an outside appearence.

Call Me Daddy.

One.

I ran down the dingy grey hallway with a giant grin on my face. When I finally found my room, I threw open the door and started yanking my belongings out of my closet and drawers. I shoved everything I owned into two little purple duffel bags. Finally! After sixteen years of waiting I'm finally being adopted! I squealed at the thought. I had just begun to think it was hopeless.

"Linzi! You're father is waiting for you, dear." Bethany, the orphanage owner, called down the hall. I smiled bigger at the word "father".

"I'm almost done, Beth!" I called back, zipping up the duffel bags. I put one on each shoulder and ran out of my old room and to the lobby. There he was, standing at the front doors, my new dad. He was very young. Twenty-five at the most. He had very bright, piercing blue eyes and creamy brown hair. He wore a striped Aeropostle shirt that fit his body perfectly and hip-hugging faded blue jeans. He was pretty damn hot if I do say so myself.

"Linzi, meet your new father. Marcus Ribsy." Beth smiled warmly. I probably should have shaken his hand, but instead, I ran up and gave him a huge hug.

"Well hello to you, too." He laughed, hugging me back. His voice was semi-deep and husky.

"I'm sorry." I blushed. "It's just, you have no idea how long I have been waiting for this day." I let him go. Tears pricked my eyes.

"Well all your waiting is over, hun. You're coming home with me." He smiled, wiping away some tears that had fallen. Damn those tears.

"Welp. We're sure going to miss you Linni. Have fun." Beth said, choking up. Tears were falling from her own eyes. I ran over to her and wrapped my arms around her small, frail body.

"Oh, I'm going to miss you guys,too, Bethy." I said letting her go. She wiped away the tears in her eyes, squeezed my hand, and pushed me toward Marcus. Or do I call him dad now? Huh, i'll have to ask him. He grabbed my duffel bags in one hand and wrapped the other around my shoulders.

I turned around one last time and waved bye to Beth, the woman that had taken me in and raised me since I was a day old. She smiled and gave me a thumbs up. One of the younger boys, Thomas, came into the lobby.

"Where's Linni going, Bethy?"

"She is going to start a new life. Come now. Let's get you a snack."
♠ ♠ ♠
New story.
What do you think?
Comments anyone.?
Thanks,
Twisted Taylor.(: