Sequel: Her Letters
Status: Completed but comments are appreciated.

Superman

like family

As much as I tried to avoid you, I couldn't. You were always just around the corner.
"Tita, is Zoe here?" I heard your voice outside my room.

"Oo. Nandyan sa kugon niya, nag-mumukmok."

"Ah, ganon po ba? Thank you na lang po."

"Hey, Zoe? Can you open the door please? I have something to talk to you about," I heard you say outside my door.

I sighed and stood up then walked towards the door. I tried to forget what you did to my friends and opened the door, placing a fake smile on my face.

"Pasok."

You smiled weakly at me and said as you passed by me, "Thanks."

"Are you gonna tell me what's bothering you?" was the first thing you asked after I sat on the other end of the couch.

I focused my gaze on the television and said, "It's nothing."

You scooted closer to me and intertwined your fingers with mine. I kept my steady gaze on the television instead to you because I know I would give in and forgive you.

"Alam mo naman that I'm here for you, right?" you said softly and squeezed my hand.

"I know," I said. I turned off the television and then faced you, "You did something to my friends."

You looked down and grimaced, "I'm sorry."

"I just wanted you to know that I'm planning to confess to Jasmine soon. On Valentine's day to be exact. I was wondering if you could help me," you said. My heart sunk lower than the ground when I heard that. But I shook it off and sighed.

"What if it fails, huh? You would probably come to me and mope about your rejection. Sorry, but I don't want that," I sneered at him. Then I closed my eyes momentarily and calmed myself.

I ran my hand through my hair and looked at him, "I'm seriously wondering what can we call our relationship and what I mean to you. Because, honest to God, no best friend should be an inconsiderate douchebag who doesn't think twice about leading other people on."

Like me, you ran your hand through your hair. A habit you copied from me whenever you were frustrated. You sighed, "I'm sorry about leading your friends on. I swear, I won't do it again." I wasn't talking about my friends. I was talking about me. And then you continued, "And about our relationship? Honestly, I'm not really sure but you really mean a lot to me, Zoe."

You held my hands once again and said seriously while you looked straight at my eyes, "You don't know how special you are to me. You're the only one who can keep me in line. You're like family to me."
♠ ♠ ♠
oh god. It keeps getting emotional and more dramatic. lels