Sequel: Her Letters
Status: Completed but comments are appreciated.

Superman

my lois lane

Let's start off at the time we were in the 6th grade. We were lying down on the roof of our house and just staring at the sky. We were quiet the whole time. It wasn't that we had nothing to say (you always had something to say), we were just enjoying our time together.

Suddenly you said, "I want to be like Superman."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I want to fly."

"Is that all?"

"No," You said. After a few seconds you continued, "I want to have super strength, to be invincible, to have a second-identity or to have a double life and to save the world from evil."

I didn't know what to say at that time but I don't regret that decision at all. I would've said something stupid back then. I just looked at you.

You took my silence as a sign to continue and said, "I want to protect someone I love. Like how Superman protects Lois Lane."

I know my 13-year old self back then didn't understand it that much and just said, "Really? That would be awesome. So who's you're Lois Lane gonna be?" When he didn't say anything, I continued, "Oh, I know! It would be Jasmine, right?"

You looked at me with those brown eyes of yours that I love so much and intertwined your fingers with mine. Then you said those 6 words that I will never forget, "No, you're my Lois Lane, Zoe."