Status: Working.

The Lost Shadow.

The Dream.

The lights flickered in the hospital hallways. Bodies lay on the ground with pools of blood surrounding them. The rows of bodies seemed to never end. One after another they lay there with their heads towards the ground and hands by their sides.

Standing in the middle of the hallway was a little girl holding a stuffed bear. She looked at the bodies and held onto her bear tight. The child walked over to one of the bodies and turned it over. She jumped back and fell into a pool of blood in fear.

The bodies faces was all ripped up. The eyes were removed from the sockets and the rested on the sides of the persons face. The neck was deeply cut that you could see the spin. Near the stomach the person’s organs were out on the ground.

Someone appeared out of the shadows and stood near the end of the hallway. Blood dripped from their body onto the floor. They stood there looking at the little girl on the floor. They took a slow step forward.

The girl jumped in fear at the sight of the shadow person. She got to her feet and watched the dark figure slowly come forward. Her eyes widened and she began to shake with fear. “Who- who are you?” She stuttered. The dark shadow didn’t say anything. They just kept walking forward.

The dark shadow stopped in front of the little girl. The shadow looked at the dead body and smiled. Blood dripped onto the floor. The shadow placed their hand on the little girls shoulder.

“Kat,” the shadow whispered in her ear, “Kat.”

Kat looked up at the shadow and began to shake, “Who- who are you?” Kat felt the shadows arm grabbed tight on her shoulder.

The dark shadow laughed. Louder and louder her laugh grew. The shadow pulled out a knife from its back and thrust it in the air.

Kat looked at the knife that was in the air. Her eyes widened as the knife forcefully came towards her. She felt a sharp pain in her stomach. The knife stood there in her. Kat fell to her knees and looked at the knife in her stomach.

The shadow figure disappeared from sight. Kat looked up looking for the shadow but it was no hope. All Kat heard was the laughing that echoed the hall.

“KAT,” someone shouted, “KAT! WAKE UP!”

Kat jumped up and saw that she was in her room. Sweat dripped from her head. She saw her sister, Noh, standing by the door.

Noh had a smile on her face, “Bad dream?”

“Yeah,” Kat said while getting out of bed. “The same one I have been having for weeks. You know the one where I’m a child in a hospital and there is that dark shadow figure.”

Noh nodded her head, “Yeah, that dream sounds scary. Anyway, come down of breakfast. We are waiting.”
Kat smiled, “You need to learn to cook Noh.”

Noh ran downstairs to the kitchen.

Kat looked into the mirror and lifted up her shirt. There was a scare on her stomach, “Maybe, that’s what happened to me when I was younger.” Kat looked at the X that is tattooed onto her shoulder. She touched it with her hand, “How much longer?” Kat grabbed her jacket off the ground and covered her tattoo. She looked towards the door, “Who’s ready for breakfast?”

Kat ran out the door to the kitchen to make breakfast for her mother and sister.