Status: Working.

The Lost Shadow.

The test.

Kat placed her hand on the front door, “I’m going,” Kat put on her shoes and was about to walk out the door.

“Katy, wait.” Noh said running down the stairs.

“Noh, you look horrible and is that my sweater?”

“Katy, please let me wear it. I have nothing else to wear.”

“Fine,” Kat said while sighing. She looked at her sister, “Noh come here.” Kat took out the hair ties in Noh’s hair and began to put her hair in a ponytail.

“Thanks Katy,” Noh said while smiling.

“Turn,” Kat said. She began to fix Noh’s shirt, “What would you do without me?” Kat placed her hands on her sister face and smiled.

Kat and Noh were walking down the street side by side. Noh was jumping up and down watching everything they pass. Kat watched her sister act like a fool in front of everyone.

“Katy, will you be home tonight?” Noh said while looking at the flowers.

Kat walked over to her and looked at the flowers, “Why do you always look at these flowers? You see them every time we walk to school.”

Noh smiled, “You see that one, that’s you because you’re the tallest. That one is me because I’m small. The tallest flower, that is you, is looking over the smallest one, me.
You’re protecting the smallest flower so nothing bad will happen.”

“Noh, where’s mom?” Kat said while watching her sister’s eyes fill with love.

“Mom, well she is that flower.” Noh pointed to the tree that stood under the flowers.

“That’s a tree,” Kat grew confused, “Mom is the tree?”

“Of course she is silly. Mom is the strongest and bravest out of all the flowers. She’ll fight off anyone that tries to hurt her flowers.” Noh said while looking up at the tree.

Kat looked at the tree and thought of her mom. She watched the leaves brush through the wind.

“Katy, will mom get better?” Noh said while looking at her feet.

“Yes she will. Our mom is a fighter just like you said. She’ll pull through I know she will,” Kat said. She placed her hand on her sister’s shoulder, “We’re going to be late.”

Kat walked her sister to her school and watched her walk in safely. “Be safe Noh,” she yelled while waving goodbye.

Kat walked down the sidewalk alone watching people come and go. Her phone began to ring. Kat pulled it out and saw that it was Dak-Ho. She looked around and answered her phone.

“Yeah, Dak-Ho,” she looked around to make sure no one was listening. She bang to bite her nails, “got it. I’ll be there in a few seconds.”

Kat placed her bag in front of her and opened it. She looked at the knife that laid on top of her Gym closes. Kat placed her phone in her bag and closed it. She began to walk away from her school, but then she began to run.

Kat found that she was alone in an alley. She looked around to make sure she was in the right place.

“Kat,” Some on yelled from behind her.

Kat swung her bag around and pulled out the knife.

“Whoa, calm down girl, it’s me Sarah.” She said with her hands in the air.

Kat took a big sigh, “You scared the living shit out of me.” Kat placed that knife in her pocket.

“Nervous much,” Sarah said while walking towards her,” Well Dak-Ho would have been proud that you are ready. Is that all you have?”

Kat patted her pocket and looked at Sarah, “ I know that it’s nothing but I can’t leave my house with a gun.”

Sarah looked at Kat’s arm, “You still have X on your skin? Or did you take it off already?”
Kat placed her hand on her shoulder, “No it’s still there. Trying to hide it is a bitch if you ask me. You know how many times my sister has asked me about it. Then she goes and tells my mom about it all.”

“Did your mom ever find out?” Sarah said while holding onto her belt.

“If she did I wouldn’t be here right now. I would be in America you know that. So, what’s going on anyway? Dak-Ho wasn’t really helpful on the phone. All he said was ‘Get over to the alley right now. A bunch of X members will meet you their’.”

Sarah looked around, “Well here come Kris and Lue Hung.” She pointed at the two boys walking over.

“Oh, now I feel safe. Hey guys,” Kat said.

“You better feel safe Kat. Without us you wouldn’t be standing right now.” Kris said while smiling.

“Last time I check you were the ones running away and left me to fight the crowd of 8.” Kat said while folding her arms.

“We came back and we had more help.” Lue Hung said while shaking his hair.

Kat pushed Lue Hung, “Yeah more help my ass. You got how many people again?”

“Shut up Kat,” Kris said while leaning against the wall.

“Kat, how is Noh?” Sarah asked while sitting on the floor.

“Yeah, how is she?” Kris and Lue Hung said at the same times.

Kat looked at everyone trying to think of what to say. “Well, Noh has been fine. She still acts like herself. Why?”

Kris looked away, Lue Hung began to play with his hair, and Sarah looked at her feet.

“Hello, why did you guys ask about her? You never bring her up.” Kat said getting angry.

“Well,” Sarah began, “Rumor is that Dak-Ho is going to start bring in new members. One of them was going to be Noh.”

“WHAT?” Kat screamed, “No, no, no, I won’t allow that to happen. I’ll make Noh move to Africa so she doesn’t have to do what I do. No, Noh will never join X.”

Kris looked at the sky, “If it’s what Dak-Ho wants then it’s going to happen. You can’t stop him.”

Kat kicked the wall with frustration, “Why does it have to her? Noh, would never belong in X. I’m not just saying that because she is my sister, I’m saying it because it’s true. If someone like her came into this group she wouldn’t fit in at all.”

No one respond to Kat they all just kept pretending that they couldn’t hear anything.

“Does anyone know why we are here?” Lue Hung asked.

“I do,” someone said from behind all of them.

Kat turned around and saw 10 guys walking forward. She didn’t recognize them. She slowly walked over to Sarah, “Those aren’t X members.”

Sarah gets up from the ground, “Shit, this is why he wanted us here.”

Kris and Lue Hung both pulled out their guns and pointed them at the 10 guys. Kat got pushed behind both of them along with Sarah.

“What brings you guys here?” Kris asks while watching their every move.

“Four people is that all? Your leader must not right care about you guys that much,” said the guy in the front while placing his hands in his pocket.

Kat began to pull out her knife but Sarah stopped her. Sarah grabbed her hand and shook her head slowly. Kat nodded and continued to watch.

“I asked why your guys are here. What ground are you?” Kris said while slowly walking forward.

“Hey, stop coming closer,” A bunch of them yelled. They began yelling at us.

“Will you all shut up,” said the guy in the front. “We’re members of Black. I’m sure you heard all about us.”

Kat looked at Sarah. She began to step back when she heard Black. Kat stood their trying to not care.

Kris looked over and Lue Hung helpless. Lue Hung lowered his gun.

“Right choice boy and now you two girls come to the front.” The guy said with a smile on his face.

Kat began to walk forward but was pushed back by Kris, “Don’t you go up there.”

Kat looked at Kris’s hand and moved it away, “What do you want?”

“Hey beautiful girl, I don’t want to see you get hurt some come to our side. Guys,” Three men walked forward and grabbed Kat.

Kris pointed his gun at the tallest guy, “Don’t you touch her.”

Kat tried to release their grip but it was no use. She heard a gun shoot and one of the guys fell to the ground.

Kris had his gun pointed straight at the guy next to Kat, “I said, don’t touch her.”

Kat stood their frozen watching the 7 other guys pull out their guns, “Guys, run!”

Sarah pulled out a gun from under her shirt and pointed it at the guy in the front. Lue Hung Pointed his gun to the other guy standing next to Kat.

Sarah pulled the trigger and shot the guy in the front. Kat jumped up from the ground and kicked both guys that held onto her. She pulled out the knife and stabbed one guy that was coming towards her.

Lue Hung shot one of the guys trying to pull out his gun. Kris grabbed Kat and threw her behind him. She heard gun shots come from right and left. Sarah was on the ground trying to grab someone else’s gun. Kat saw that a guy had a gun pointed right at her. She threw her knife right into the guy’s chest. Kat ran over to Sarah and picked her up from the ground.
Kris held his gun and ran forward shooting every guy he could reach. Lue Hung punched a guy that was trying to get to Kat and Sarah. Kat let go of Sarah and ran towards Lue Hung and helped him. Kat grabbed the guy’s gun and held it in her hand. She placed the gun next to his head and pulled the trigger.

Kat left a sharp pain in her shoulder. She looked and saw blood dripping down her arm. Kat couldn’t lift up her arm. Sarah grabbed her and held onto her shoulder to stop the blood. Lue Hung saw that 3 guys were left. He pointed his gun at the guy that shot Kat, but they ran away.

“Kat, are you ok?!” Kris yelled run back to them.

Kat laid their motionless while Sarah held onto her arm.

“Kat say something,” Lue Hung said while crouching down next to her.

“I’m – I’m ok.” Kat said while closing her eyes.

“She lost a lot of blood. Kris, pick her up we have to go get Dak-Ho.” Sarah said while standing up.

Kris grabbed Kat and held her, “It’s going to be ok Kat.”

Kat laid on the bed with a bandage around her shoulder. She opened her eyes and saw Sarah standing next to her.

“Kat, its ok you’re at Dak-Ho place,” Sarah said while grabbing Kat hand.

“Sarah, what happen?” Kat asked trying to get up.

“Kat, stay laying down it will help. You got shot in the arm by some guy.” Sarah pushed Kat down when she tried to get up.

“Sarah, let me go I have to go.” Kat pushed Sarah hand away.

“No you’re staying right here. Dak-Ho said to not go out. You might be a target.”Sarah said while pushing Kat down.

“I promised Noh that I would be home tonight. I want to keep that promise.” Kat said while pushing Sarah away.

Sarah stood there watching Kat grab her things, “I’ll go with you.”

“No that’s ok. I’ll be fine trust me.” Kat walked over to the door.

“Kat, Dak-Ho said you might be weak, let me go with you. I don’t need you passing out on your way home.” Sarah said while walking towards her.

“Sarah, stop worrying I’ll be ok. I’ll call you right away if I feel like I’m going to pass out.” Kat opened the door and smiled at Sarah, “I’ll be ok.” Kat shut the door and walked up the steps.

Kat walk to a bench that was in the middle of a sidewalk and sat down, “Where am I?” She looked through her bag trying to find her phone but it was no luck. Kat felt something dripping down her arm, “Damn it, I should have stayed and called Noh.” Kat heard some commotion near a local gas station.