Status: So, if the summary doesn't get you, then let the first chapter get you. I'm putting my all into this. Enjoy (:

Dream of Me

Noah

One of the best things about working the night shift was that easily around eight o'clock, there weren't a lot of people waltzing through the door, looking to work out. So, I naturally kicked back and threw my arms behind me to prop my head forward. I sighed and stretched my dormant limbs out and closed my eyes. I wasn't sleeping, some people would misconstrude this as sleeping but it was merely resting since no one would be in until the awkward hours of the morning. I opened my mind and it instantly shot to hers, connecting me like I was turning my TV on. She was walking through her friend's apartment. I saw everything through her eyes, like I was Angel myself.

She was listening to Jules talk to someone on the phone, and when she walked in and just situated herself on the bed, Jules launched the phone into her lap. I watched at Angel stared down at her lap like Jules had just thrown a gerbil instead of a phone. When Angel picked it up and it was another boy - who wasn't me, I nearly lost my mind right there in the middle of work. My feet slipped down from the top of the counter and slammed onto the thinly carpeted floor. My eyes were wide and I nearly slingshot myself over the counter and into my car, all the way over to her friend's apartment when this Zak kid asked if he could take her out. "No, you most certainly cannot take her out!" I screamed at my post.

Something told me that Angel had heard my demand, because she sent me one small sentence. Take that, Noah. I shot out of my chair, standing up with tightly clenched fists at my sides as I continued to watch through her eyes. She could feel it like I could feel it, the kicking and churning in her stomach telling her that she needed to stop talking and promptly hang the phone up before she made a mistake, or plans that she couldn't keep. But what did she do? Of course, just exactly what she wasn't supposed to do. She agreed to meet him, she agreed to go with him to this warehouse party where he would most likely be all over her, furthermore, she agreed to be his date. My blood was boiling, tunnel-vision started to occur, and the world was covered in red. I had never known anger like the kind I was experiencing at this set moment, this was rage on a completely different level. I could feel my breathing labor.

Once she was off the phone with this little precious Zak, I tracked his mind down. I found it easily, hearing his mind think about her and hearing his voice brag about how he was taking her out and about all of the things he was going to do with her in the cornfield stretch just behind the warehouse. My body had started to shake, my hands vibrating at my sides as I tried to bend my legs to sit back down in the computer chair, but my body was too preoccupied. I gritted my teeth so roughly together that the friction hurt my gums, I was flicking my eyes through his memories and thoughts, looking for the warehouse. I don't know how he could feel it, probably because I was so enraged that I couldn't care to be careful, but his mind started to attempt to shut me out. Most people think that little ringing in their ear is just someone thinking about them, or what-have-you, but it's really the sound you get when a Spade is racking your brain for information.

Pulled the picture of the warehouse from his mind and the street that it was located on before he shoved me out of his thoughts completely. I waited a total of five minutes before I carefully slipped back into his mind, but all of the information on the warehouse was locked down. Damn his subconscious. So, instead, I sent him a little prequel to if he really thought he was going to get away with talking and touching and -even in just his wildest thoughts - getting down in the cornfield with my Angel, he was sorely mistaken. I sent him mental images of a mix-matched chock of traits thrown onto a male body beating him senseless. I let his mind overcome with all of the hits and bruises he would receive if he really thought that I was going to let him take my girl out.

I finally forced myself back down into the chair and closed my eyes, tuning myself back into Angel's conversation and time. You could call it an invasion of privacy, I called it Reality TV. I scowled and rolled my eyes when Jules would inquire anything that had to do with her in the company of Zak, it wasn't going to happen. If she really knew how he felt about her, if she really knew what his endeavor was, she wouldn't bother giving him the time of day, and that was a fact. Unless, just to piss me off. Then, no matter his motive, she would probably go out with him.

I waited until Jules left and made it safely into her apartment and into her room before I finally dragged Angel down into her sleep. She could scream, hit me, insult me all she wanted, I wasn't going to let her subconscious go until we had either resolved this fight, or I couldn't take it anymore. I wasn't going to let her boss me around like that, I had a voice just like she did, and I was going to be heard and she was either going to like it or pretend to.

I don't know how, but we were in my wide bedroom standing on my plush carpet where my chocolate brown bed set was set up. She looked around at the tan walls and the decent size bedroom, she pointed to the bed, "Is that - Are we in your room? This is a nice set up."

I rolled my eyes, sending a vocal scowl through the quiet room. I started to walk toward her slowly, allowing my steps to intimidate her and allowing my gaze to make her shrink back. "What the Hell are you doing, Angel?"

She flinched from my scream as I tried to contain it, but obviously failed. She licked her lips over and looked around the room slowly, throwing her words at me from the left field, "I thought I told you to leave me alone until I was ready?"

"Well, news flash to you, Angel, you're not the only one in this relationship! What do you think you're doing, going out on some date with this Zak kid? Now it's my turn to ask you: do I mean next to nothing to you? Don't you stop and think about my feelings ever? I know you think I don't, but your feelings are the only thing that I do think about! Can't you see how much you're tearing me apart right now?"

She licked her lips and looked between the ground and my eyes. She stared right into my eyes as her facial features hardened, "You were listening to my conversations? You were - that's an invasion of privacy, Noah!"

"Oh, and you're saying that if you had the option to sit there and listen and watch all of my conversations, you wouldn't?" I asked, switching the perspective so that she would finally take mine into consideration. She didn't like that.

She jumped toward me, her hands thrown over her head as she squealed. She slowly brought her hands down into tight fists as she yelled, "Yes! If I could I would, but I can't. Only you can do it, and what relationship, Noah? What relationship? There is no relationship - I would love for their to be a relationship between me and you, all of my body, heart, and soul would love it, but only one of us knows where the both of us live. And it's not me. I want to love you, I want to actually feel what it feels like to be in your arms - Hell I've wanted that for three straight years now, but I'm doing what I need to do for you to realize everything that you have to!"

I took another step towards her, throwing my hand out and pointing accusingly at her, I said through huffing breaths, "Angel, I swear to the good God above us, you better not go out with him. I swear it, Angel!"

"What kind of threat is that? What are you gonna do to me, Noah, huh? You can't hurt me, or at least, if you did neither one of us would forgive you. So, tell me oh wise Spade, what are you going to do to me? Give me nightmares? I'll know it was you."

I let my face overcome with hurt and sadness only for a moment, my body wretching and my breath hitching out through a tightly closed throat. I pushed through my rugged voice, that voice that Angel often told me was one of her weak points, "It's not what I'll do to you, Angel, it's what I'll do to him."

She visibly shivered by the tone of my voice and I watched as she tried not to roll her eyes into the back of her head. She took her lip between her teeth and shook her head, shaking out whatever she held behind her lids. "I don't care, do whatever you want to do to him. There's nothing you can say, do, or imply Noah, that would change my mind about going out with him tonight."

"All he wants to do is sleep with you. Said something about how virgins were the best to have when they were drunk." I turned my head down, my eyes staring into the white carpet of my bedroom as I pushed through clenched teeth, "I'll kill him for thinking such degrading and disgusting things about you."

She shook her head, putting her hands up and staring at me, "You're lying, don't you lie to me, Noah."

I shrugged, taking another complete step towards her as my eyes raked her up and down and she seemed to follow my gaze. She licked her lips slowly, and I could feel her want and desire fanning off her body. "I'm not lying to you, Angel. I've never lied to, not ever. I didn't even lie to you about what I was that first night. You remember? That was the best night of my life, next to the night that I meet you. And if you want me so badly as you do, if you need me like your really thinking, you want to put your arms around me as much as I can tell, then why the Hell are you going out with this little asshole like you are?"

She licked her lips again as I continued to cut the distance between us, slowly inch by inch, I was finally only a couple short feet from her. I could feel her body calling to me, her heart calling to me and I silently answered the plea that once she gave in, she could have me. Damn both of our pides, damn them all the way into the deepest pits of Hell. I reached my hand out slowly to curl a blonde strand behind her ear, closing the distance so that only inches were between us. I turned my chin down toward her as my lips skimmed against her hair. She sighed contentedly as my fingertips brushed her cheek with comfort and love. "Because you're..."

She couldn't even finish her sentence as her mind clouded over as I slowly tipped her chin upward, my mouth hovering just over hers by one solid inch. I licked my lip quickly, watching as her eyes darted from holding my gaze to gazing at my lips. I started to slowly close this distance as my lips were practically on top of hers, whispering softly, "I know I'm not, but I will be."

She closed her eyes and pushed onto her toes for a moment to push our lips together. I wrapped an arm around the back of her neck to push our lips together. Kissing after a long fight was always the greatest thing a Spade and a Dreamer could share, I had heard, and now I could conclude that it was true. The soft feel of her lips pushing against mine, the way her hands moving up my chest left goose bumps and a sweet warm trail after her fingers moved around my neck, it was the greatest feeling I had ever felt before in my life. I closed my arm around her tighter, bruising our lips in the sweetest, most demanding kiss either of us would ever come to understand. I pulled back first by nothing more than a small centimeter, "All you gotta do is break off the arrangement."

She pushed me away from her after the haze let up. She looked me up and down with disappointment and accusation. At least I got to kiss her before she - my thoughts got cut off when her hand slammed across my cheek. I could feel my cheek heat up and fill with a very unpleasant stinging sensation. My hand pressed over her five-star as I started to rub it out of instinct. "Boy, you are hitting me a lot today."

"Well, if you stopped saying all of the wrong things, maybe I wouldn't have to hit you." She shot back instantly as she coiled her arms around her torso. Her eyes scaling over my being, the look of want and desire had completely vanished from her stare. She took a few more steps back from me until her back hit the wall. Her brows furrowed together and her lips pulled into the biggest frown I've ever seen this girl wear. "How could you even fathom bargaining our first time meeting each other for me to give up something as petty as this date? After that kiss, I was going to tell you that I was going to call it off first thing when I woke up. But seeing as you tried to beat me to it, you can just shove that kiss, me trying to arrange a meeting spot, and whatever apology you're going to try to use after I finish all up your ass."

I clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth, my arms now crossing over my chest as I shifted my weight around from foot to foot. I looked down at the ground, "I'm not sorry, Angel. I shouldn't have to be sorry for taking what's rightfully mine away from some random suitor." Her head jerked toward me when I said mine, I nodded. "Yeah, Angel, you're mine. You're mine and I'm yours, that's how this soul mate-Spade-Dreamer thing works. Your dependent upon me and I'm exactly the same way with you. Haven't you noticed? Haven't you felt it? Every time we fight, we're left feeling exhausted, bothered, and a headache from the deepest pits of Hell hits your temples. I know you feel it. I could feel you sobbing earlier, and it hurt me - tore me into pieces. I was going to abandon the law then, but it's harder than you think it is. I've already given so much up for you."

"Like what?" She shot at me immediately.

"Like my family. I abandoned my family and their even more strict rules about a Spade and their Dreamer. I left them all behind, I left the fact that you're not supposed to share dreams with your Dreamer on a regular basis behind, I stuck the middle finger to the rule about doing anything more than learning about your Dreamer and allowing your Dreamer to learn about you. This rule, this rule about a letting the Dreamer follow the feelings in their guts until you're toe to toe, to make sure that it really is your Dreamer, to make sure that this is really the person you're going to spend forever with is actually the right person, that's the only one law I can't break. I can, but I choose not to because I want you to want to find me instead of talking about finding me. I know you're my Dreamer, I've snuck in when you and Jules spend the night and she moves out into the front room because you're a bed hog, I hold you. I know it's you, but I want you to want to find me."

She looked me up and down, her mouth hanging open and her eyes filling with tears that I didn't understand. They shot through the barriers as she let a sob consume her body, one arm going around her stomach and the other pressing against her mouth. "How could you, Noah, how? Just how!" She screamed. "How could you meet me without me being completely awake beforehand? Get out! Wake me up, Noah, or so help me, God, I will slap you until your face is numb. I don't want to be anywhere near you, Noah, I can't honestly believe you at this moment in time, I can't." She sobbed hard, her body jerking and convulsing.

I went to hold her, but the second I took a step toward her, she jumped away from me. "Let me go, Noah! I'm going on that date and I don't care if you watch or not. I don't even care if I kiss him or not, or if we get down in the cornfield at this moment. You... At least I would know how it truly feels to be held by him."

I continued to walk toward her, putting my arms around her body until I practically consumed her, pressing my face into her shoulder as she shot her arms around me, sobbing. She shook her head, her body jerking against mine. I kissed a line from her shoulder to her earlobe. "I'm sorry, Angel, my Angel. I never meant to hurt you, I never wanted anything like that. You... You're my whole world, and I was going to wake you last weekend, but I don't want you taken from me. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if they did take you and I just watched." I placed my hands on her cheeks and kissed her unwilling lips. I pulled back and opened my eyes back up to the gym entrance. It was no later than five in the morning.

Awkward o'clock starts now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo! Enjoy!!