Status: hopefully

Julius

DOUBLE TROUBLE

1/2 KARA

I’m so sorry. These days, when somebody asks about Julius, I say “No... no, I have no idea who you’re talking about.”

“No, I had nothing to do with him.”

“No, you’ve got the wrong triplet.”

You wanna know how I feel? Imagine where Julius is, right now. Last time I checked, he’s six feet under, with everybody in this shit town hating his worm infested guts. Yeah, you can say it “sucks.”

What’s even worse is having to share a bedroom with the girl who cries herself to sleep every single fucking night. I love Kata to death, but I swear she didn’t know jack shit about Julius.

He was my best friend, and now, I can’t even admit to having known him.


2/2 KATA

Don’t listen to Kara. She’s a pathological liar and I promise you Julius loved me more than anything in the world.

Julius kissed me under cherry trees and Julius kissed me under the school bleachers and Julius kissed me as we crashed stolen cars and shot heroin and robbed gas stations.

I left everybody I ever loved to be with him. If he never loved me back, then why the fuck would I do something like that? Tell me, why the fuck would I wait in a motel room 700 miles from home for a guy who wouldn’t even show up? Why the fuck would I sell the TV and my fucking bed for a guy who never gave a shit about me?

Julius loved me. I can promise you that.

I swear.