Status: HIATUS AND MAJOR REWRITING

Rumored Nights

Chapter Ten

I thought after the Barbie incident we were all done being weird and childish. I was wrong…

After Zayn an Harry had managed to destroy the Lego display, we moved to the next floor. The next floor where all the bikes and motorized stuff were located.

“COOL!” Zayn exclaimed. I was beginning to think he was really, actually excited. And that was pretty sad.

Louis managed to get into a car looking jeep thing and ride around the isle designated for sampling the ride on toys (Note that these toys are stated that they are for CHILDREN five and UNDER).

“COOL!” Zayn exclaimed, again, and tried to get in the toy jeep with Louis.

“Zayn! What are you doing?! We can’t both fit in here! Get your own!” Louis yelled as he sped off, looking cute despite the fact that he was acting like a little kid not wanting to share his toy.

Niall and Harry hopped on play motorcycles and sped off after Louis as they tried to keep their balance on the toys that were also specifically stated for Children. Not two adults.

Zayn, of course, wanted to join in on the fun. So he jumped on a tricycle with a little wagon on the back. His knees were by his chin as he started to peddle a little.

“Come on, Liam! Hop in!” Zayn called like he was on a mission to chase after his other three friends.

“Zayn!” Sensible Liam exclaimed. “No, I’m NOT getting in a WAGON that YOU are driving with a tricycle. Especially not in PUBLIC!”

“PLEASE?!” Zayn pouted. And something in Liam must’ve told him ‘you only live once’ because Liam actually got in and he and Zayn peddle around the corner as Zayn honked the childish little horn that sounded like a clown’s prop. Which was appropriate since they did look like a circle of idiots.

They were going to get us kicked out of the store, and that would be so embarrassing that I didn’t want it to happen. EVER.

“Guys! Guys!” I called, trying to get them to stop acting like idiots and children so we could get out of there and out of trouble.

“BEEP! BEEP!” Louis yelled as he pulled me into his little car, which actually for a toy wasn’t so little.

“LOUIS!” I yelled.

“What?” He asked. I couldn’t believe we were all acting so immature. But I had to admit…it was sort of fun. So I let go of my senses and let them have their fun. And I even joined in with them, riding around with Louis on his jeep. And believe me…sitting in Louis’ lap was much better than standing, watching a bunch of idiots.

Finally, Niall’s motorcycle ran out of battery power and he fell off, making a big dramatic scene.

“Okay, okay! I give up!” He surrendered the guy’s face. “I’m done!” He said, putting the motorcycle back on its rack.

“Me too,” I said as I climbed off of Louis’ lap (unwillingly) and stood up.

Everyone agreed as they parked their toys and got up.

“That was fun!” Zayn smiled. I couldn’t help but smile and roll my eyes at him. He was just so cute.

“Yeah. Are you guys done being immature and childish?” I asked as Louis laughed.

“Yeah. I think we are. Aren’t we men?” Louis asked in a manly tone.

“Yeah…”

“Yup…”

“Let’s go…” were the responses Louis got as we all went back to the first floor like we hadn’t just been playing with the toys in this place like weirdoes.

“Glad we got that out of our systems…” Harry laughed as we made our way down the sidewalk full of people. And, like before, Liam held my hand again. I didn’t question it and I knew Liam enjoyed that. Liam smiled at me as Harry raised an eyebrow at us as we kept walking, not making a big deal. That way nobody but us…oh, and Harry too…knew.

“Now where?” Harry asked.

“Hmm…” Louis thought hard…

Image

“Well, I’m not COMPLETELY sure where they went, but I know they went on some kind of road trip!” Lola answered in her stupid, faux innocence.

“Road trip…?” Steve’s eye’s opened wide and Lola shook her head, hoping this would tick him off and possibly get us in trouble.

“ROAD TRIP?!” Steve asked again as he got obviously stressed and a vein looked like it could burst out of his head at any moment.

“Yes, a road trip.” Lola nodded.

“Oh my God! I think I’m having a heart attack…” Steve whined as he put his hand on his chest, feeling very stressed at this point.

Haha! YES! Lola thought, smiling to herself.

“Lola? What else do you know?” Steve practically begged her to fill him in on more of what we were “doing”.

Lola really didn’t know much else for a fact, but she could sure find some stuff to use against us. And oh she so would…

Image

“Ugh, I’m tired now.” Zayn complained as he blinked his eyes in some sort of exhaustion from running around the toy store for an hour or so; just like a little kid would have.

“Would you like to go take a nap?” Niall teased as we all moved along, headed to nowhere in particular.

“No…I’m just saying we should do something less…less excited,” Zayn suggested. Oh yeah…like going to a toy store was so thrilling and exciting, Zayn. Wow.

“Yeah, actually he’s right. I’m not really up for anything too amazing either.” Louis agreed with Zayn, persuading the gang to take it down a notch and save the fun for later.

“Well, I think we should check out the New York City night life! Like you know…go see if we can get into some clubs or something,” Harry suggested, trying to sound like he hadn’t already planned on going clubbing in the first place.

“Yeah we can do that, but…I think we’ll have to wait until later, Hazza. It’s only noon…” Liam reminded Harry as he still considered his suggestion.

“Oh yeah,” Harry shrugged.

“What’s wrong with you?” Niall looked at him. “First, you have a spaz attack, then forget where you are or possibly even who you are, and now you don’t know what time of day it is? What’s next? Are you going to start calling Skipper, Saliva?!” Niall asked, successfully making fun of two guys in one statement. He smiled as he was proud of himself for this accomplishment. Everyone but Zayn found Niall comical. Even though the comment was originally targeted at Harry, he still had to laugh at the thought of Zayn playing with the dolls in Toys ‘R’ Us.

“HEY!” Zayn pouted, feeling like an idiot. “I just didn’t know! I thought that her name was Saliva! Can we please drop this now?” Zayn begging, still feeling like an idiot.

“Nobody has Saliva as their name, Zayn! That would be gross!” Harry laughed.

“Guys, let’s focus.” Louis tried to stick up for his pal, but he did it while laughing at him so it really defeated the purpose. But still, everyone listened to Louis. “Where are we going?”

“Let’s go chill in that park that we parked the van by. Haha park?. Parked?” Zayn laughed at his own words.

“haha, hilarious Zayn. You’re a riot.” Harry rolled his eyes, sarcastically. Zayn just gave him a please-shut-up-Harry-before-I-hit-you look and they both smiled.

“Sure, sounds good to me. We can relax before we go clubbing,” Louis reasoned. Every agreed and it was off to the park for us.

Image

“I know that Zayn, Louis, Niall, Harry, and Liam all went. Oh, and they even brought Alex. I think she has something going on between one of them or a few of them. I’m not really sure; maybe all five of them.” Lola lied without stumbling over her words.

“All six of them are gone?!” Steve asked, feeling a little sick. Steven thought it was before he didn’t know where any of us were but I think he was feeling sick because Lola was so obnoxious and nauseating that she could make anyone sick.

“Yes, they all left.” Lola tried to sound like she was baffled that we could do such a thing.

“Oh my…when did they leave?” Steve tried getting to the bottom of this once and for all.

“Early this morning,” Lola answered and it seemed to occur to Steve that this was a little suspicious of Lola.

“Like how early? Like 7 a.m. early?” Steve guessed.

“No, before the sun came up early.” Steve nodded, understanding her. “They invited me to come, but I decided to stay because I sure didn’t want to get in trouble!” Lola said in her phony innocence.

“What more do you know?” Steve looked at her, trying to get all the information he could out of Lola.

“I know some stuff,” Lola lied through her teeth.

“Okay, good. I have to call Mandi.” He said, talking about the girl’s dorm adviser, Amanda. “Then she and I will call you when we need your assistance again. Thank you, Lola. You can go now.”

“No, Steve, thank YOU for giving me the opportunity to help my friends. I was really worried about them.” Lola lied once more.

“That’s understandable. I’ll see you later, Lola.” Steve assured her. Lola almost skipped out of Steve’s office.

It worked! Yes, it worked! Lola thought as she went to go think up some more myths of our trip before she was called back. This was all just getting too good for her.

Image

“Hey, I brought a frisbee!” Harry announced as we came upon our destination; the park. “You guys want to play a little?”

“What ever made you bring a Frisbee on a road trip…?” Liam asked what we were all thinking.

“Hmm…I don’t know really. I just thought we might get really bored and so I decided to bring it,” Harry shrugged like it was no big deal.

“Okay, well go get it then. I’m up for a game of Frisbee!” Zayn was excited to play, hoping it would be interesting enough and satisfying enough to hold him over until some real fun began.

“Yeah, I’m in!” Louis told everyone as he got ready to play too.

“I guess I could toss the Frisbee around a little…” Niall said, shrugging like he wasn’t as excited as Zayn to play the game…even though he was actually excited too.

“Sounds good to me. Let’s do it!” Liam exclaimed as Harry jogged off to retrieve his Frisbee.

When he came back he was holding a neon colored disk and they all jumped around, pumped to play.

“You playing, Alex?” Louis asked me sweetly as he ran over to where I was going to take a seat on a nearby picnic table. He flashed that Louis smile that just made my heart fall to pieces and melt.

“Oh, uh, no thanks. I think I’m just going to watch.” I shook my head as I sat down, not too far away from where the boys set up to play.

“Okay, you sure?” He asked once more in his Louis way, just making sure. His eyes flashed at me like ‘do you really want me to go with them or do you want me to sit here and keep you company’ kind of way.

“Yeah, I’m sure. I’ll be fine. Go ahead and have some fun. I’d rather watch anyway.” I assured him with a smile. He flashed me his adorable, irresistible smile and jogged off to go start the game.

Everyone laughed and was having a good time tossing the Frisbee around. Well, until Liam threw it high and Niall actually jumped and caught it. Then the game began getting intense.

How does Frisbee get intense? I don’t really know, but it sure did. Those idiots made it intense.

Louis threw the Frisbee with all of his strength and it flew uncontrollably at Zayn; who went to run and catch it until out of nowhere Niall popped up and grabbed it before Zayn could even touch the Frisbee.

“HEY! THAT WAS MINE!” Zayn whined like a baby.

“Aw, poor Zayn. Get over it!” Niall laughed, but Zayn didn’t think it was all that funny.

As Niall threw the Frisbee, this time Zayn leaped and jumped on Niall just as Niall let go and the Frisbee began to soar.

“ZAYN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” Niall asked kind of frantically, because Zayn would not get off of him.

“I wanted to catch it…” He pouted.

“Uh, okay. You don’t have to be a sore loser.” Niall pushed Zayn off of him. Harry was too busying watching some people walk by to realize that the flying Frisbee was headed straight for him. It was too late to do something before Harry finally saw it coming.

BAM!

The Frisbee bounced off of Harry’s head and Harry fell to the ground. Even though I felt bad it was kind of funny to watch.

Everyone rushed to Harry’s side.

“Whoa…Harry? Are you okay???” Louis asked, shaking Harry.

“Huh…?” Harry blinked his eyes.

“Oh God! He’s going to freak out again!” Niall rolled his eyes and Liam elbowed him. No matter how funny it was it really wasn’t the right time for jokes.

“Harry, can you hear me?” Doctor Louis waved a hand in front of Harry’s face. “It’s me, Louis…”

“HARRY I’M ZAYN!!!” Zayn screamed like Harry had lost his hearing; not just got the wind knocked out of him.

“Hey Saliva, shut up. I think he knows who you are…” Niall shook his head.

“I’m just trying to help!” Zayn pleaded and crossed his arms.

“Whoa, my head…” Harry moaned as he sat up.

“Dude, are you okay?” Niall asked as he and the guys proceeded in helping Harry up off the ground.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just think I’ll pass on the rest of the game…” Harry coughed, brushing off his pants.

“Okay, cool. Are you sure you’re okay? That was one hard hit. “Louis asked, making sure his friend was okay. Aw…how sweet was he?

“Yeah, tell me about it…” Harry touched his head just to make sure there was no blood or anything. There wasn’t. “I think I’m just going to walk it off…” He announced. “You guys keep playing.”

“I’ll come with you,” I offered with a smile.

“Sure,” Harry smiled and accepted my company. I was happy. I hadn’t talked to Harry in a little while and we used to talk all the time. So I was glad we had this opportunity.

“Okay, have fun. Let’s start from the beginning, guys!” Louis called and gave the next play in their Frisbee competition.

“Let’s walk…” Harry extended his arm as to say ‘let’s go’, but in a sweet way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter! Hope you like the more fun they have. :) Please leave comments and feedback! Also, I just started a new Liam story called "The Other Side Of Me". It's more of a serious story, and it would rock if you could check it out and comment on that too! Thanks everyone for reading!