Status: HIATUS AND MAJOR REWRITING

Rumored Nights

Chapter Eleven

Harry and I walked around for a little while and talked about nothing really. We walked in silence for a few moments before the question I knew Harry would ask came up. I had been dreading it.

“So, what’s up with you and Liam?” He asked and a small smile formed on his face. I think he knew what was up, but he asked anyways.

“Uh…what do you mean what’s up with me and Liam?” I looked at him, trying to play dumb. It didn’t work.

“You know what I mean, Alex. You two are always, like, secretly holding hands or doing little subtle things like that. And you both look so happy together…like you really like each other. So I was just wondering…are you guys a thing or what?” He explained, restating his question.

“Hah, oh! That!” I smiled. “Um…I don’t know. I mean I like Liam. I think I like him A LOT. I’m just not sure how I really feel about him. We just kind of started liking each other and we don’t really know where it’s going.” I shrugged as Harry led me to a bench and we sat down to talk.

“Ooohh, I see.” Harry nodded his head in an understanding, yet sweet way. He was such a good friend.

“Yeah…” I sighed and looked down at my feet.

“But…?” Harry provided me with a word.

“But what?”

“Well, I know that’s not it. There’s more; I just know there is. I think there’s another guy you like…” Harry guessed and he guessed right. I knew he had already know without having to guess and that is why he said it the way he did.

“Yeah, you’re right…” I admitted. “There is another guy I like…”

“It’s Louis, huh?” Harry smiled in a caring way like he understood my situation and he was there to help me feel better.

“How’d you guess?”

“Oh, I have my ways…” Harry smiled back at me handsomely and winked.

“Is it that obvious?” I cringed, wondering if Louis had already known.

“Uh, for me, yeah. I could tell. But I’m like your best friend, so I don’t think he really knows. Or Liam. Or Zayn.” Harry assured me and added Zayn in the list, because he also figured out my little thing for him too.

“Oh, you know about him too, huh?” I felt embarrassed now. But I shouldn’t have because it was good ol’ Harry and I knew he wouldn’t judge me or anything. He would just be caring, sweet, and helpful.

“Yeah,” He just patted me on the back. “Who do you think you’re going to pick…?”

“I, I…I don’t really know. It’s too hard, I guess…” I told him, really thinking of it now. How could I choose between them? They were all so cute and amazing. Why was everything so hard? I thought, on the verge of tears.

“Do you think, you know…like, love any of them…?” Harry asked, feeling afraid that he’d gone too far. But then he realized it was me and we could talk about anything.

“Oh,” I sighed, not really sure how to answer his question.

“You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to…it’s alright.” He tried to comfort me.

“No, no. It’s not that. It’s just…I mean…I don’t think I really believe in love.” I frowned, trying to figure out the right words to say for what I actually meant.

“You don’t believe in love…?” Harry was confused. But don’t worry Harry; I’m confusing myself here. And love is something very confusing anyways.

“Well, I mean…I guess I believe in love. Like…I love these shoes I’m wearing or I’m loving this trip so far or something like that. But I guess it’s the idea of love…” I tried making more sense.

“Hmmm…I kind of see what you’re saying.” He nodded, fully listening to every word I had to say.

“Like…there is one in this world for everyone. One person that you’re destined to be with forever. I don’t know if I really, truly believe in that. Who really knows? I mean, it’s so hard to understand. It’s like…forever? I mean, forever is a long time. And seriously, I just don’t think that anything in this crazy world can honestly be forever…” I explained, starting to make more sense…at least to myself at this point.

“All of this philosophy or whatever you call it is coming from YOU? Are you kidding me? I see what you’re saying, but I don’t think you really and truly mean it…” Harry told me. “I think you’re scared.” He looked at me. And as sad as it was…I think I kind of had to agree with him.

“Scared? What do you mean scared?” I asked, already guessing what he might have meant.

“You believe in love you’re just scared of it.” He told me honestly and went on to explain. “You’re scared because you like all three of them, but you’re afraid to show just one of them your true feelings, because you honestly don’t know who you really do love.” He was exactly right.

“You’re right…wow.” I said in amazement at Harry’s logic. “But if you’re really right…then who do I choose?” I was hoping Harry would have the right answer to all my problems.

“You know what you want, Alex. I think you’ll be able to figure it out…” Harry assured me. I wished he could just give me all the answers, but I knew he was right and I had to do it for myself…but just one more question.

“But when will I know who to choose?”

“You will, Alex, trust me. You may not think you believe in love right now, but believe me…by the end of this trip you will. And you’ll have your answer.” He squeezed my hand.

“You promise?”

“Promise!” He winked and it made me feel better and more confident about this whole ‘love’ thing. But even though I had Harry’s help and I know he’d be there whenever I needed him…something still told me that finding out who I wanted to be with would be a difficult thing to do. But it had to be done, right? It’s not like I could go on forever liking, or loving, all three of them.

“Come on, Alex. Let’s go see how the dorks are doing.” Harry joked as he took my hand and helped me up from the bench. We walked back to the Frisbee playing.

“AGHHH! I HATE FRISBEE!” Zayn screamed, angrily, as he threw the Frisbee on the ground and stepped on it. A big CRACK sound came from under his foot and he gave everyone a horrifying frown.

“Nice one genius. Go ahead and break the Frisbee just because you don’t know how to play…” Niall sighed as Liam pushed Zayn’s foot off of the cracked and now deformed neon Frisbee.

“Whatever. It’s stupid! It’s broken anyways; it doesn’t fly right!” Zayn whined.

“Geez, nice one Saliva!” Louis smiled as he an Liam examined the broken plastic that was being used as an outdoor toy only a few short minutes ago.

“It wasn’t broken; you just don’t know how to throw it!” Niall frowned at Zayn who now had his arms crossed like a little baby. But even though he was pouting he still looked extremely cute.

“Oh guys, come on! We can’t let you out of our sight for more than five minutes and you break something?!” Harry joked. Zayn stopped pouting and turned to him.

“Sorry I broke your Frisbee…” Zayn said like he was eight and the teacher made him apologize for something he did on the playground.

All I knew was that they all had better stop acting like little kids when we went to enjoy the nightlife of the big apple, because I was going to have fun; not babysit.

Image

After a little more time in the park, Louis complained that he was hungry.

“I’m hungryyyyy…” He whined, sounding a little like Zayn not that long ago.

“Me too!” Zayn (of course) said, rubbing his belly.

“Hey, look!” Niall exclaimed, pointing at the metal cart.

“What…?” Harry asked, looking around for whatever Niall was pointing at. Harry was terrible at direction, yet he did look cute spinning around in circles like a complete idiot.

“HOT DOGS!!!” Zayn yelled and a smile spread across his face.

“AND POPCORN!” Liam called out, getting excited and joining in the yelling. They were all crazy.

“I WANT A HOT DOG!” Niall screamed the loudest and bolted towards the hot dog cart. I swore that he scared the man standing at the cart, because the man jumped and looked like he was about to run away from the crazy blond bolting towards him. I couldn’t help but feel a little sorry for the hot dog man.

As the boys chomped down on their hot dogs, and upon Liam’s request, popcorn, we all decided that we would check into the hotel and get ready to go out and party. Woot! Woot! Okay, no…

Image

It was already four so we headed over to the hotel we had planned to stay at early. I had to admit…it was nice. And that’s exactly why I doubted it a little bit. It was TOO nice.

“Hi, we’d like to rent a room for the night.” Louis told the clerk of the hotel, who sat behind a counter typing away at a computer.

“Okay, how many guests?” She asked in a peppy voice.

“Um, six.” Louis bit his lip, hoping it would be okay. It wasn’t.

“Oh my…that’s quite a few for one room…” She was trying to be nice, but was really actually annoyed.

“Oh, okay. Then how much is it for two rooms?” Louis asked like it was no big deal. He always thought everything was no big deal.

“Um, I’m sorry sir, but we have no vacancy’s for two rooms…” She told us.

“Are you serious?!” Louis yelled, starting to stress out now.

“Um, um…yes, sir…I’m sorry…” She stuttered.

“Well, do you have anything else?”

“I…I don’t think so…” She responded.

“Um, excuse me, babe…” Harry said, flashing the woman behind the counter his sexy smile. Zayn took the cue to join in and between them, the lady behind the counter’s cheeks flushed and she started to stumble around nervously.

“Y-Y-Y-Yes??” She asked. Louis joined in with his smile and it was all over for this poor woman.

“Could you possibly check and make sure? Me and my friends really need a place to stay tonight…” Harry explained to her, looking her straight in the eyes and using his ultra-sexy and soothing voice to coax her into helping us.

“Pleaseee?” Zayn sexily pouted and the woman was so shaky from all the hotness between the boys that she knocked over a cup full of pencils.

“W-W-Well, I-I-I guess I could ch-ch-check for y-y-you boysss…” She stumbled, embarrassedly. I felt sort of bad for her.

“Thanks sweetheart.” Harry winked and the poor lady began to sweat.

“Hah, um…Oh, oh, oh dear…I’m really sorry but we, we have no rooms…” She said and she really did look sad this time.

“Oh, you don’t?” Louis asked sadly.

“No, oh dear! I’m so sorry boys…but listen…if you ever need a hotel in the future just call and ask for June, that’s me. I’ll be here and I’ll get you a GREAT room!” She promised so she wouldn’t be responsible for the boy’s sadness.

“Thank you June…” Zayn smiled and took the card from her shaking hand.

“Sorry.” She half smiled sadly that the boys had to leave.

“It’s okay, it’s not your fault…” Harry reassured her and we all started to walk away. June watched the boy’s cute little behinds as they left.

And to her surprise and liking, Harry turned around and looked right at her.

“Thanks June, babe.” He smiled and her eyes opened wide and they stayed like that until we had walked down the street.

“Haha! We were AWESOME!” Zayn exclaimed and he, Louis, and Harry gave each other high fives.

“I know! That was classic!” Harry smiled.

“You guys are just too much…” I rolled my eyes. “You almost gave that poor woman a heart attack!” I playfully slapped Harry in the arm and he smiled.

“Yeah, but you guys…we still don’t have a place to stay…” Liam reminded us.

“Oh no…that’s right…” Harry’s smile faded.

“What are we going to do?” Zayn and Niall asked in unison.

“We have to go find another place to stay…” Louis looked around, sadly.

I hoped we could find a place this late in the day……
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter! I hope you guys are enjoying this! Poor Zayn not being very good at frisbee lol. Such a sore loser though. And the poor woman behind the desk! I can't blame here though...if that happened to me I would probably DIE! lol Comments and feedback are always enjoyed and welcomed and appreciated! Thanks for reading, everyone! I'm glad you're enjoying it!