Status: HIATUS AND MAJOR REWRITING

Rumored Nights

Chapter Thirteen

About a half an hour later, the four club going cuties stepped out and presented themselves to Zayn and I.

Harry looked gorgeous, of course. He’d better not go near the lady downstairs dressed like that though. Who knows what she would do to him. Niall looked great; wearing some funky clothes, but totally pulling it off with his Niall style. Liam looked extremely cute, but I also noticed he looked a little out of place too. Liam wasn’t really the type to go clubbing. Or, so I thought. Liam and I shared a smile and I blushed at how cute he looked.

Then, Louis came out. He was wearing a simple look of jeans and a black and white striped t-shirt with a black leather jacket. But something about him, just the way he looked, made me want to drool over him. I wanted to jump up and put my arms around him and smother him in kisses and have him do the same for me. He looked incredible and when he smiled…my heart raced faster and faster with every second of looking at him. I couldn’t resist him. HE was so beyond sexy. And I scolded myself for letting him do this to me; letting him take my heart every time he looked at me or every time he smiled or every time I smelt his beautiful scent or every time he talked to me…or basically every time I saw him. I hated this feeling I felt about him.

“Wow,” Zayn said, taking the words right out of my mouth.

“Wow is right! You guys look hot!” I said maybe a little too loudly.

“Really?” Harry raised an eyebrow, modeling his look.

“Yes, very hot,” I smiled.

“And sexy? You can’t forget sexy!” Niall laughed.

“Yes, VERY sexy!” I smiled and it was directed towards Louis. He smiled back at me.

“I’m thinking…I look handsome too?” Liam joked, standing straight up and posing for me.

“Yes, Liam. You look extremely handsome,” I told him and he winked at me with a smile.

AGH! Who the heck did I like here? My heart was in 10,000 different places and I couldn’t decide. I hoped that what Harry had said in the park had been right. I hoped that someday, and someday soon, I would know who I truly loved.

Little did I know, after tonight, things would get even more complicated. Oh yay…

“Are we ready men?” Louis asked, taking the lead like he was good at.

“Yes, men, I think we’re ready.” Harry nodded.

“Yep! We’re snazzy. We’re snappy. We’re sharp and we’re ready to rock!” Niall said, rhyming his ‘s’ words. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Let’s shake it boys,” Louis gave us a wave as they walked towards the door.

“See you guys,” Liam waved and it was really just directed towards me; I could tell.

“Emergency number’s on the fridge!” Niall joked as he closed the door behind him.

I locked the door behind them, because you can never be too sure and safe…especially around this place.

“So…it’s just us…” I said as I turned around and plopped down on the bed; now directly across from Zayn and his cuteness.

“Yep…” He smiled and for some odd reason it made me nervous. Nervous because Zayn and I hadn’t really spent any time alone in the longest time. And that I was actually alone with him and his cute self.

“What do you want to do?” I looked at him.

“Hmmm…” Zayn hummed and scratched his chin, like he was concentrating really hard.

Hmm………………

Image

RING RING

Lola’s phone rang and she rushed to pick it up; guessing it might be her chance to lie about us some more and get us into deep trouble.

“Hello?” She asked, trying not to sound to desperate.

“Hey, Lola?” The voice on the other line asked.

It was Steve. Lola was happy.

“Oh Steve? Yes, it’s Lola.” She smiled to herself, trying to sound all innocent. Faker.

“Hi, I’m glad I caught you. I thought you might have been asleep.” Steve sighed in relief.

What Steve didn’t know was that Lola’s bedtime was usually nothing earlier than midnight. But he didn’t know that so it was yet another opportunity to lie. Nice going Steve…

“Oh, well I just got up. I couldn’t sleep. I was worrying about my friends…” She lied and sounded like she was really troubled. Which she wasn’t.

“Oh, Lola. I bet they’re fine! You don’t need to worry yourself. Stress isn’t healthy. I’m sure they’re fine,” Steve assured her.

HA HA! He’s eating out of the palm of my hand… Lola thought, even though who knew if she even understood what that meant.

“I know; it’s still of me, but I just worry.”

“Well, with that said. I just got off the phone with Mandi and we think that tomorrow we should all have a meeting.” Steve explained.

“Oh, yes. That sounds great.” Lola agreed.

“Oh good, then we’ll see you tomorrow…say 10 a.m.?”

“Sounds fabulous,” She smiled.

“See you then.” Steve hung up the phone.

See you then. Lola thought. She couldn’t wait…

Image

“Whoa, whoa, whoa…wait a minute, guys.” Niall stopped everyone from walking in the direction of the minivan.

“Whoa what?” Louis asked as he stopped leading the way and looked back at Niall.

“we’re going clubbing in a MINIVAN??” Niall frowned towards the vehicle we had arrived in.

“Oh, yeah…” Louis sighed, grunting at the van.

“Yeah, you’re right…that is kind of lame.” Harry said, rethinking their mode of transportation.

“So…what’s going on? Are we just not going to go?” Liam asked, kind of hoping in a way that they would just call the club thing quits and stay here. Liam just wanting to stay and spend the night hanging out with me.

“No way, man. We just spent all this time getting ready. We’re not going to call it off because we have the dork-mobile.” Niall said, getting angry that they would even consider not going an option.

“Okay, but if we’re not taking the van than how are we supposed to get there?” Liam rolled his eyes.

“Well, this IS New York City. I guess we could take a cab or the subway…or whatever they do around here.” Louis suggested, sounding very much like the new kid.

“Let’s just take a cab. I don’t really want to take the chance of getting mugged or murdered or something. I’m really not in the mood for that,” Harry decided as the thought of walking this street gave him the chills.

Image

“Is your head feeling better?” I asked Zayn who still held the cloth full of ice to his head.

“Yeah, I think it’s a little better…” He answered as he slowly removed the ice from his wound. He closed his eyes, scrunching up his face from the air hitting the spot on his head.

“Are you sure?” I asked as I got up to help him with his ice and his injury.

“Yeah,” He assured me and then looked up into my eyes. My heart stopped beating for a quick second.

Then he smiled.

How did I get stuck in this place every time any of them looked at me? My brain stopped working and my heart started taking over.

“Alex?” Zayn asked, still looking into my eyes.

“Yeah?” I somewhat squeaked out.

“Thanks for staying with me,” He took my trembling hand in his strong one and held it tight and then kissed it when I had nothing to say.

“Um…y-you’re welcome…” I managed to say breathlessly. I couldn’t say anything else; I was way too nervous.

“I was…really happy. I always like it when it’s just the two of us and nobody else…” Zayn said softly in his sexy voice.

“Oh, um, me…me too…” I stumbled, still sort of at a loss for words.

“Are you okay?” Zayn looked at me with a look of concern spread across his cute and adorable face.

“Um, yeah…I’m fine, why?” I tried to look like I was actually fine when the truth was I was extremely nervous to be alone…alone with Zayn.

“I don’t know…you just look a little…nervous. That’s all,” Zayn explained as he gave me a sweet and cute smile.

“Me? Nervous? Nah…” I answered, giggling…nervously.

“Good, because I hope you don’t feel nervous with me, ever.” Zayn pouted in a sexy way as he stood up now.

Zayn’s beautiful eyes burned into mine passionately. He held my hand softly, getting closer to me. I could feel his breath on my face and it made me want to just hide so he couldn’t see or find me.

“No! No, no…I’m not nervous around you. I’m just…” I began, but I looked up at Zayn’s handsome face and something made me stop talking. I realized Zayn’s eyes were closed and his lips were puckered and he was getting closer and closer to me every second…

He was going in for a kiss…

Image

The cab pulled up in front of a big brick building and the boys got out. This didn’t really look like a club to them, but the cabbie had told them it was one of the best in the city. So they decided to take his advice and check it out.

As they moved closer to the doors that were located below the sidewalk’s level, they could hear music pumping now and they couldn’t wait to get inside.

Louis, leading as always in his adorable Louis way, walked down the cement steps to the bouncer who looked like he could crush you with just one touch.

“You on the list?” The bouncer asked, showing no emotions whatsoever.

“Uh, list? What list?” Louis asked, trying to stay cool and calm.

“Yo homie, sup sup? You want to let a brotha in?” Harry asked, trying to be gangster Harry. Big bouncer man just stared at Harry with a look of disbelief. Niall placed his face in his hands as Liam and Louis did the same, all out of embarrassment from their friend.

“Sorry about our…friend…” Niall apologized, hesitating at the word friend. Did they really want to admit they knew Harry, the social-gangster-disaster? “He’s a little…” Niall rolled his eyes at Harry. “We hope you won’t use his idiotic ways against our chances of getting in…” Niall reasoned some more and the bouncer seemed to forget Harry.

“Haha, hey…I like this kid,” He said about Niall and a feeling of relief washed over all four of them. “Go ahead, have fun, just…watch your friend closely, alright?” The bouncer pleaded for Harry’s safety.

“Will do. Thanks,” Niall smiled and walked into the door they’d just had to work to get past.

“Come on ‘homie’?” Liam rolled his eyes at Harry as the rest of them walked in behind Niall. They were in.

Image

Zayn’s lips got closer and closer as my stomach got sicker and sicker. I wanted this; I think I really did…but it was just so sudden and I had no idea how to react. Here I was ALONE in a hotel (or HOEL, whatever) room with an incredibly hot and sexy guy, whom I have feelings for and he whom may also have feelings for me…this didn’t look like it was going to end up too good…

“AHH!” I gasped an backed away just as Zayn thought he’d reached my lips at last.

When he kissed the air he opened his eyes and showed me how sad he was by giving me a hurt expression. I stood with my arms crossed, staring at him, embarrassed I had chickened out. But it just felt wrong…kind of.

“What’s wrong, Alex?” Zayn asked, his voice sounding just as equally hurt as his expression looked.

“N-nothing. I just…this doesn’t really feel right…” I admitted as I big my lower lip in shyness.

“Oh. Why not?” Zayn asked, kind of feeling astonished that it could have felt wrong. He thought that we had both been into each other. And he was absolutely right; I was into him. And Liam. And Louis. Oh boy…

“I don’t really know, I just…I have a lot of things going on right now…” I tried to explain, not giving away that my real problem was that I like three guys at one time.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Caring Zayn said to me in an understanding voice. He truly sounded like he was sorry and, of course, this made my heart beat with more love for him. Why couldn’t I stop?

“Oh Zayn…it’s okay. It’s not your fault; it’s mine.” I assured him as I got closer and touched his arm.

“I didn’t mean to come on so strong. I’m just so over Lola and her stuff and I’ve always had a thing for you…so I thought maybe we could, I don’t know, like start where we left off before…I don’t know what I was thinking, sorry…” He apologized, again, explaining this time and feeling stupid.

“Oh, I totally understand, Zayn. I like you too, but my head’s just in a bunch of different places, and my heart’s in a thousand other places…Everything’s kind of complicated right now.” I sighed.

“Well, I’m glad you like me.” He smiled and I had to look away before I was sucked in again. I just smiled back, distracted. “If you don’t mind me asking…what’s so complicated?” I knew he was only trying to help so I decided it was okay if I told him.

“Well…I kind of…I sort of maybe have this thing with Liam…” I began and Zayn’s mouth opened wide.

“Liam?!” He asked like he couldn’t believe it. I nodded yes hesitantly. “Wow, I would have never guessed! That’s cool, though. Now that I think about it, you guys kind of do make sense. Like I think you guys would make a good couple.” Zayn smiled and that wasn’t exactly what I had expected from him, but it was kind of comforting to hear it so I went on.

“And…” I bit my lip.

“And?” He looked at me again.

“Yeah, and, I have this thing with Louis too. Well, it’s not really a thing, but I have feelings for him. But I don’t think he really knows about it…” I looked down at the floor.

“OoOoOh!” Zayn said like he understood and we were just best friends; not like we had almost just kissed a few minutes ago.

“Yeah…” I sighed, feeling guilty somewhat.

“Tough situation…” Zayn nodded, understandingly. “Tell you what…” He asked me in a hopeful voice.

“What?”

“I like you, and well, you seem to like me too, I think…” He started to suggest something.

“Yes, I like you too, Zayn.” I wasn’t sure where he was going with this conversation.

“Good,” He smiled and went on. “Well, what I’m trying to say here is…it’s not like you’re actually officially with Liam or Louis…or me for that matter. So, why don’t we just see what it would be like between us…you know?” Zayn asked, hopefully.

“Yeah…I guess that would be okay…” I wasn’t really sure what I thought about it just yet.

“No strings attached.” Zayn promised me. “If it doesn’t work…then it’ll be okay with me.”

“No strings attached?” I asked. “You promise?”

“Yes, I promise; no strings attached.” He smiled.

“Well…I guess that’s okay with me…if you promise…” I told him as we began to get closer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ouuu what's going on with Zayn and Alex? ;) Hope you enjoy the new chapter! Comments and feedback are loved and appreciated! Thanks for reading!