Status: HIATUS AND MAJOR REWRITING

Rumored Nights

Chapter Fifteen

“LIAM!” Louis yelped in a worried tone for his friend, who was now sprawled out on the cement floor of the club.

“Ooohhh…” Liam moaned as he stayed, lying face down on the floor. “Ooo babay ba ba babay…” Liam giggled and the others just looked on in astonishment. Was this crazy person really Liam?

“Aw man, he’s totally wasted!” Harry stated the obvious in a voice filled with disbelief.

“You can say that again…” Louis sighed as they looked at Liam who was still lying on the floor, getting weird glances from other clubbers who had kept their booze under control.

“Uh, guys…We should probably help him…” Niall suggested, gesturing towards Liam’s somewhat lifeless body.

“Yeah, you’re right. Hazza, help me get him up.” Louis asked for Harry’s help.

Louis and Harry went to each side of Liam and grabbed his arms. Harry and Louis managed to get Liam’s head up off the ground and they almost had him, but a sick look spread across his face and he held himself up on his hands and knees. Louis and Harry backed away a little bit just in case Liam’s alcohol decided to shoot back up.

“Liam!” Louis tried to see if Liam was okay, but he couldn’t tell because he wasn’t able to see his face.

Niall could see Louis struggle so he made his way over to help them out. Niall pulled Liam up from the front as Harry and Louis held onto his sides. Finally, the three boys managed to get Liam standing.

“DUDE!” Niall yelled as he lifted Liam up. “How many drinks did you have?!” He waved a hand in front of his face, waving away the stench of Liam’s breath.

“Uh…five hundred!” Liam giggled as he breathed in Louis’ face.

“Aw, gross…I don’t doubt the five hundred beers thing. I think you need five hundred tic tacs,” He rolled his eyes at Liam, but Liam wasn’t completely listening.

“Haz, you were with him the whole time. Didn’t you notice how many he had?” Niall asked, trying to solve the mystery of how much Liam had consumed.

“No, I didn’t really watch him. I didn’t know I had to. Actually, now that I think of it…every time I looked at him he had a drink in his hand…” Harry thought back as Liam bopped his head to the pounding music.

“We should get him home, er…we should get him back to the room.” Louis suggested as the song changed.

Suddenly, a faster beat picked up and Liam somehow freed himself from his friend’s grip. They all looked at him, pondering what his next drunken move would be; all of them too scared to guess…or stop him.

Liam started dancing crazily to the song. His legs were moving and so were his arms and his hands. He was really getting into it and everyone feared he may fall because he was now doing some sort of spinning movements as he jiggled around, looking absolutely insane.

“Liam?” Niall asked out of astonishment. He had never seen Liam like this before. Liam had always been cool, calm, and collected, but now…now he seemed as crazy as the rest of them.

“Thissss’s muh JAM!!!!” Liam exclaimed, his voice sounding a little wilder than ever before. As he spoke he did some sort of rendition of Beyonce’s booty dance and the moon walk. No one could really figure out what it was, but whatever it was…Liam was getting very into it as he danced along to ‘his jam’.

“Uh, okay, forget what I said before. We NEED to get him back to the hotel!” Louis demanded.

“Yeah, before he hurts himself or possibly someone else.” Niall agreed as they let Liam go on doing his dance while they talked.

Louis gave the guys an urgent look. Harry and Niall took Louis’ cue and helped Louis drag a still dancing Liam out of the club and onto the darkened street.

“Ooh…” Liam moaned as he held his stomach.

“Uh oh…” Harry warned. He and Louis backed away as much as they possibly could while still holding onto Liam so he wouldn’t tumble over.

Liam heaved as he bent over and puked all over the sidewalk.

“AGH!” Harry screamed in horror at the barf only centimeters from his feet.

“UGH!” Louis’ cute face scrunched in disgust as Harry proceeded to gag.

“TAXI!!!” Niall called urgently, jumping around and waving his arms in the air until a yellow cab pulled up to the curb right in front of them.

“Okay, help me get him in,” Louis ordered Harry while Harry tried to keep himself from throwing up also.

Harry got in first and pulled Liam in as Louis pushed. They finally managed to get Liam in the cab as Niall sat in the front and told the driver where to take them.

“Liam, are you okay?” Louis asked in a caring way.

“Uh huh. I’m GRRRRRREAT!!!” Liam smiled a wide, silly smile as he imitated the frosted flakes commercial.

“Uhhh…okay.” Louis said, looking to Harry for some sort of help, but Harry was preoccupied by trying not to breathe through his nose…or breathe at all for that matter. Between the cab driver and Liam’s breath, Harry’s nose and stomach couldn’t handle all the bad smells that made him nauseated. If Harry breathed through his nose that would be torture and Harry was in no mood for torture since he was a little tipsy himself.

“Heyyy Haaarrrrehhhh, bhuddddyyyy…” Liam purred in Harry’s ear as he rested his head on Harry’s shoulder.

“Please don’t breathe on me.” Harry grumbled, still trying to hold his breath.

“Whatchaaaa doooinnn?” Liam asked, sounding somewhat like a little kid at the same time.

“Nothing. Please stop breathing on me, barf breath.” Harry pleaded Liam once more to stop breathing on him.

“Huuuuhhhhh??” Liam let out a big breath. Right. In. Harry’s. Face.

“STOP!!!” Harry yelped, but it came out not so loud because Harry sounded like he had no air left. But this didn’t seem to phase Liam at all.

“I’m tireddd…” Liam said as he looked up at Harry and played with his ear. Liam flapped Harry’s ear back and forth. Harry said nothing; he just glanced at Liam, but Liam went on like nothing was going on. “Dooo, Dooo, Dooo, Dooo, Dooo, Dun, Dun, Dooo, Doo, Doo. YEAH!” Liam sang his own little song as he continued to play with Harry’s ear. He fiddled with Harry’s hair and shirt too. Louis, Niall, and Liam were amused by this, but Harry…he wasn’t.

Harry had finally thought Liam had stopped until suddenly a finger swirled around in front of Harry’s face. And it kept coming closer as Liam hummed the theme to Jaws.

“AGH!” Liam hollered and poked Harry in the cheek.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” Harry screamed, forgetting about not breathing in the disgusting air.

“Boop!” Liam poked Harry’s cheek again and giggled.

“Stop,” Harry sighed in an annoyed tone. But Liam kept doing it. Liam reached up to poke Harry once more, but Harry slapped his hand away before it could reach his face.

“OW!” Liam cried, even though it probably didn’t hurt that bad.

“Shut up,” Harry grumbled. He’d had enough of this night. He couldn’t wait to just go to the hotel room and fall asleep.

Liam could tell he wasn’t wanted so he turned his back to Harry and started to bug Louis. Louis was a little wasted himself so he just went along with whatever Liam was doing, not caring one bit.

Harry, Niall, and Rico, the cab driver, all looked at each other. This was going to be one long ride…

Image

“Huh!?” I gasped, opening my eyes to the sound of a car door slamming outside the window. “What was that?!”

“Hmmm…” Zayn moaned, still half asleep. I looked down to our hands and noticed they were clasped together. I had fallen asleep with him and we had woken up holding hands? There were far too many emotions being thrown at me at this point and I had no idea how to handle them so I tried to let go of Zayn’s hand before he woke up completely…but it was too late.

Zayn looked down to our hands that were still holding each other. Zayn’s eyes opened a little wider and he looked from our hands to my eyes. We both knew that we wanted to let go, but something made us stay like that for what seemed like hours more, but were only seconds. When we realized what we were doing we let go and smiled in an embarrassed way at first, but then in a way that said it’s okay as long as we don’t completely fall for each other.

“OH MY GOD!” I jumped up, suddenly remembering why I woke up in the first place.

“What?” Zayn asked, blinking his eyes, still trying to wake up completely.

“I heard a car door and I was wondering if they were back.” I told Zayn and we both listened for them, thankful we had woken up so no one could see us together; sleeping and holding hands together.

We both heard a crazy scream and then laughter. I couldn’t tell who the scream had come from, but I decoded the laughing and found Niall’s voice to be the main source of laughter. They were back.

Zayn and I looked at each other as we heard our friend’s tumble loudly up the stairs and to our room.

“Can you hold him for a second while I unlock the door?” I heard Louis’ muffled voice.

“Yep, sure.” I heard Niall too.

“Hold him up?” Zayn whispered to me with a confused look on his face. I just shrugged. We began to listen more intently as Louis fumbled with the lock.

“Honey! I’m homeee!” Liam’s voice rang out loudly and it sounded somewhat slurred to me.

“Was that?” Zayn asked, trying to put the pieces together.

“Liam.” I finished.

The door opened and Louis walked into view, and I could tell he was a little wobbly. But I could instantly tell who was the most wobbly of the four of them when Liam walked in, swerving around as Harry and Niall held him up.

“Liam?!” I asked, unaware of what was going on and if Liam was alright or not.

“Yo.” Liam answered and then began to laugh. This was not the Liam I knew. This person was not MY Liam.

“Is he okay?!” I asked Harry because I knew Liam wouldn’t be able to answer me clearly.

“Uh…he had a little bit too much to drink…” Harry bit his lip, trying to lead Liam to a seat.

“Uh yeah. Just a little…” Niall helped Harry sit Liam down in a chair.

“Five hundred to be ex-ex-exaaaactttt…” Liam stumbled his words and he swayed in the chair.

“Oh my God…What happened?!” I yelled in a worried tone. Poor Liam.

Zayn just sat there in astonishment, looking from Liam to Louis to Niall to Harry and to me; trying to figure out how Liam had gotten this drunk. He knew Liam wasn’t one to drink very much, so there had to be some reason.

“One minute he was fine and the next he was laying on the floor and then dancing and then puking…” Niall explained.

“It was actually kind of funny…” Louis giggled and I could tell he was out of it too, but definitely not as much as Liam.

“Funny? Oh yeah, ha ha. It’s so hilarious that Liam is so drunk he’s like drooling everywhere! Why weren’t you guys more responsible?!” I glared, getting angry for poor Liam who just sat there, dancing in the chair.

“Hey! Don’t get mad at us! It’s not our fault that he had too much to drink!” Louis defended himself and the other guys.

“Well you should have been keeping an eye on him!!” I screamed.

“Keeping an eye on him?!” Louis yelled at me in disbelief. “We’re not his freaking babysitters! We’re his friends! We thought he’d be okay!”

“Guys, guys, guys…” Zayn butted in, breaking up the fight.

“It’s nobody’s fault. He just had a little too much to drink!” Harry tried to reassure everyone.

“Yeah, he’s right. Let’s just forget about it. I mean, we’re all obviously out of it…” Niall jumped in too. We were all too busy with our heated discussion that we weren’t paying attention to Liam…

Liam looked up at everyone. Instead of seeing five of us, he saw ten. He hated this feeling in a way. He shook his head, trying to feel better.

Nobody even noticed Liam stagger to the bathroom. He really had to pee.

Image

“Whoa…wait a minute you guys!” Zayn put his hand up and everyone shut up.

“Where’s Liam?!” Louis yelled, his face turning pale with the sudden disappearance of our friend.

“LIAM?!” I called out eagerly, feeling sick to my stomach that he was nowhere to be seen.

“Guys, let’s not panic. I bet he’s around here somewhere.” Niall reasoned. He, Louis and Harry started looking in the closets and under the beds.

Zayn even looked in the dresser…and Zayn wasn’t even drunk.

SLAM.

The bathroom door whipped open and there stood Liam, his hair a little out of place, his eyes a little blood shot, his body a little unstable, and his clothes a little messy. He stood there in the doorway and we all just stared at him. What on earth was he going to do next?
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright! New chapter! I hope this actually shows up. For some reason mibba has been hating me and keeps deleting my chapters or saying there is an "error" when you try to read them. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter! I had fun writing it! Next chapter is going to be hilarious. Oh what will Liam do? I'll probably post the next chapter sometime this week. Maybe even tomorrow! lol Please comment and leave feedback! Don't forget to subscribe! :)