Status: HIATUS AND MAJOR REWRITING

Rumored Nights

Chapter Eighteen

“Zayn…what do you mean by uh oh?” Louis was trying really hard not to sound upset, but it wasn’t working so well.

“Oh, um…nothing,” Zayn turned away, not wanting to look any of us in the eyes.

“Zayn. What…did…you…do?” Louis was getting angrier.

Zayn turned around slowly, showing the guiltiest face ever.

“Well…you see…I-um…when I went outside to get the food last night…well, it was really dark and when I shut the door there was a weird noise…but I kind of just shrugged it off, not thinking it was a big deal…” As upset as all of us were about this, nobody was more upset than Louis.

“YOU DID WHAT?!” Louis screamed. It was the first time I really heard him yell that loud; directly at someone, that is.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to!” Zayn’s eyes pleaded for Louis to understand that he was truly sorry.

“Lou…calm down, okay?” Niall put a hand on Louis’ shoulder, but Louis pulled away, getting closer to Zayn.

“I can’t believe you did this! You’ve ruined this whole trip!” Louis’ face was past mad. It was furious.

“Louis, come on. Zayn didn’t mean to…” I tried to stick up for poor Zayn.

“YOU GUYS DON’T GET IT! HE RUINED THE ENTIRE TRIP! NOW WE DON’T HAVE A CAR TO GET US TO CALIFORNIA! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!” He screamed at Zayn, pushing him a little bit.

“Don’t push me!” Zayn got up in Louis’ face, getting mad as well. This couldn’t go good…

“Lou, come on…” Harry tried to pull Louis away to get him to calm down.

Louis backed away with Harry, his body still shaking with anger. Zayn turned his back to face Niall, Liam, and I with an apologetic face.

“Guys, I’m really sor-” Unfortunately Zayn didn’t get to finish.

Louis managed to get away from Harry and throw himself at Zayn. The two boys tumbled to the floor, knocking over a few plants in the process.

“Get off of me!” Zayn yelled, pushing Louis away. “What is wrong with you?!”

“What’s wrong with me?! What’s wrong with you?! You ruined everything, Zayn! You ruined all of our chances to win this thing! I wish you would have never come on this trip!”

We were all silent as we stared at Louis.

“So you wish I wouldn’t have come on this trip, huh?” I could tell Zayn was hurt. “Fine. Then I’m leaving.”

“Fine!” Louis glared.

“Will you two cut it out?!” I screamed at them and stood in the middle. Everyone’s eyes were on me. “I can’t believe you two are acting so immature!” I sighed.

“Alex is right. You two are best friends. You can’t really think that you wish Zayn didn’t come on this trip, Louis…” Liam spoke up.

Louis sighed. “No I don’t really think that,” He turned to Zayn. “I’m sorry that I attacked you.”

“I’m sorry I ruined the trip,” Zayn and Louis did one of those man hugs.

“There we go. Now that we’re done acting like children how about we find out how much it’s going to cost to fix that piece of junk and get back to our trip?” Niall suggested.

Image

“$500?!” All six of us exclaimed in unison. We stood in front of the reception desk in shock.

“Wait…you’re telling me that it’s going to cost $500 to fix the van?” It seemed like Louis was about to pass out.

“Is there a problem with that?” The woman filed her nails as she looked up from her computer.

“Um…no problem…” Harry sighed as we all walked outside.

“WE DON’T HAVE $500 GUYS!” Louis yelled, sitting on the curb. “What are we supposed to do now?!”

“So we’re stranded in New York?” The rest of the boys sat on the curb next to Louis with their head in their hands.

“What if I say we’re not stranded?” I smiled a little bit.

“What are you talking about, Alex? We have no money or car.” Niall looked up.

“But we do have one thing. Actually, we have five things.” I laughed, not believing what I was seeing.

“What are you talking about? What do we have?” Harry was confused.

“We have your singing voices,” I directed them to the place across the street.

The big sign in front read “KAROKE NIGHT! WINNER RECIEVES $500!”.

“Am I dreaming?” Zayn smacked his face a little bit, just to make sure he wasn’t.

“Let’s do it.” Louis stood up. “We can totally win that guys!”

“Louis I don’t know…we haven’t even practiced together. What if we suck?” Liam rubbed the back of his neck, a little unsure.

“You guys can win it. I know you can,” I tried to reassure him. He smiled at me as our eyes locked.

“Okay let’s do it,” Liam agreed, breaking away from my stare.

“YEAH!” Zayn jumped up and high fived all the guys.

This would be good.

Image

We walked into the bar and looked around quickly. We noticed an older man with a clipboard standing near the stage. We ran over to him and to be honest…he looked a bit frightened. Probably because the boys were practically charging at him.

“Are we too late to sign up for karaoke?!” Louis yelled, out of breath.

“Ohhhh, so you’re here for karaoke night. No, you’re not too late. There’s a paper over there on that wall with the lists of songs that you can choose from,” He pointed to the wall on the other side of the bar.

As Harry gave him their names, the five of us walked over to the wall and began to flip through the pages of songs.

“Oh. My. God. Let’s do ‘Genie in a Bottle’!” We all stared at Louis and the sad thing was…I think he was quite serious. He put his hands on his sides and began moving them down. “I’m a genie in a bottle baby. Come, Come, Come on and let me out.” He sung and we all shook our heads at him.

“No,”

“You guys are no fun,” Louis sighed as we went back to the list.

“Oh! Oh! This one!” Niall pointed to ‘Rich Girl’ by Gwen Stefani. “If I was a rich girl. Na, na, na, na, na, na-”

“No, Niall!” These boys are too much.

“Guys…I think this one is the one,” Zayn pointed to one of the songs.

“Definitely,” Harry nodded, smiling.

“We’re doing that one for sure,” Louis agreed.

“Let’s do it!” Niall and Liam both exclaimed.

I tried to look at what song they had chosen, but they wouldn’t show me.

Image

I sat in the front row as the boys went and talked to the guy in charge, whose name was Paul.

“Alright we have a last minute addition to the contest,” Paul spoke into the microphone as he looked at his list. “Give it up for Louis, Harry, Niall, Liam, and Zayn!” Paul walked off the stage.

I smiled as Louis walked up to the microphone and met eyes with me and then the crowd.

“How’s everyone doing tonight?!” He yelled. Unfortunately the crowd didn’t seem as enthusiastic as they were. “Wow, tough crowd!” He laughed as he went back to the guys and did one of those group chants to get themselves pumped up.

The music began to play and my heart stopped. I stared at the stage as Liam’s eyes met mine.

“Baby, set me free from this misery
I can't take it no more
Since you ran away nothing's been the same
Don't know what I'm living for

Here I am so alone
And there's nothing in this world I can do,”

It was like Liam was singing to me. Like he wanted me to understand something. But what was it that he wanted me to understand?

“Until you're back here baby.
Miss you, want you, need you so.
Until you're back here baby, yeah.
There's a feeling inside I want you to know.
You are the one and I can't let you go.”

My heart raced as Zayn took center stage and stared directly at me.

“So I told you lies, even made you cry.
Baby, I was so wrong.
Girl, I promise you now my love is true.
This is where my heart belongs.

'Cause here I am so alone
And there's nothing in this world I can do.”

I felt a pang in my heart. Was Zayn trying to tell me that even though he hurt me before when we tried…that he was going to be here this time? That he loves me?

“Until you're back here baby
Miss you, want you, need you so
Until you're back here baby, yeah
There's a feeling inside I want you to know
You are the one and I can't let you go.”

I felt my eyes lock with Louis.

“And I wonder
Are you thinking of me?
'Cause I'm thinking of you.
And I wonder
Are you ever coming back in my life?

'Cause here I am so alone
And there's nothing in this world I can do.”

I wanted to just jump right up and tell him that I was thinking of him. I wanted to tell him everything.

But just as I was about to, the two other boys that I might possibly love too came into my view on each side of Louis.

“Until you're back here baby
Miss you, want you, need you so
Until you're back here baby, yeah
There's a feeling inside I want you to know
You are the one and I can't let you go.”

They stopped singing and all three of them stared at me. I felt like I could just break down and cry right then and there.

They were making this decision incredibly difficult. How the hell was I supposed to choose now?
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright the song they sang at karaoke is "Back Here" by BBMAK (in case you didn't know). Look it up if you want to listen to it! I know this chapter is kind of wimpy. And it took me forever to get up. But I wanted to get something up today, because I won't be able to for a week. I'm having surgery in the morning so I'll be on bed rest until next week. Anyways, please comment and tell me what you think. Thanks for everyone getting this over 300 reads! Thanks to everyone who subscribed and commented! I'll work on the next update as soon as I can. :)