Status: HIATUS AND MAJOR REWRITING

Rumored Nights

Chapter Twenty Three

We had left the Indiana station quite some time ago and we were now on our way to Chicago. I knew that Harry and Niall had seen Liam and I together today, but neither of them had said anything. I still wasn’t sure if Louis knew I had kissed Liam or how much we were actually doing together. Then there was poor Liam who didn’t even have a clue about Louis and I or what was really going on.

As I sat there reading my Gossip Girl book, I didn’t pay attention to the words on the page. I just sat there thinking of Liam and Louis and what I should do.

All six of us had spent the day sleeping since there wasn’t much else to do. We were feeling quite bored on the bus at this point.

I was reading, Liam was flipping through a magazine, Harry was looking through bag, probably looking for something to do (we all know he has EVERYTHING you could ever possibly want to do in that bag), Niall was fidgeting in his seat, being bored in a Niall way.

Louis and Zayn were making out in the seat behind Liam and I…just kidding! That got your attention though, didn’t it?

They were actually just listening to their ipods and zoning out. See? This is how boring it was on the bus.

“I’m booooorrrrreeeeeddddd…” Zay moaned like he was in agony, slamming his head against Liam’s seat out of boredom.

“Ouch,” Liam groaned as Zayn’s head made Liam lurch forward.

“Sorry,” Zayn apologized, his voice muffled by the seat.

“I’m bored too, aren’t you?” Harry turned to Niall.

“Nah, I’m having the most fun I’ve ever had in my entire life looking out the window…” Niall joked as he rolled his eyes.

“I think we’re all pretty bored,” Louis complained.

“Yeah,” We all sighed, mumbling in agreement.

“I could tell another story,” Niall suggested, because he liked to talk and be funny and storytelling was the perfect way to do both of those things.

“NO!!!!” Zayn screeched as he sat up straight, now kicking Liam’s seat.

“Ow.” Liam moaned as he was pushed forward again.

“Zayn, calm down…” Harry sighed as we all shook our heads at Zayn, but inside we were thankful Niall wasn’t going to tell another story. We weren’t really up to something as frightening as Trenton Miller.

“Fine, a story’s out of the question.” Niall sighed, but had to smile at how much his story had freaked Zayn, and everyone else, out.

“Now what?” Harry asked.

“We could play truth or dare again…” I suggested.

“No way,” They all grumbled in response.

Fine. Whatever…

“Let’s play charades,” Zayn smiled.

“Oh God…” Niall moaned.

“Yeah. See, here I’ll go first.” Zayn informed us even though nobody seemed to care.

Zayn put one hand on his hip and put the other arm in the air, bending at the elbow and wrist. You could only begin to imagine what Zayn looked like.

“Okay, what am I?” Zayn asked.

“An idiot?” Niall guessed. Good guess, Niall……

Zayn shook his head ‘no’, seeing that it was charades and you’re not allowed to talk.

“Uh, okay then can we have a hint?” Liam asked.

Zayn, staying in the same position, bent his whole body from the waist up towards the arm that was bent.

“Uh, you have arthritis?” Louis asked.

And Zayn shook his head and did the same clue over again. It still didn’t help.

“London bridge is falling down?” Harry asked.

“What?” Everyone, including Zayn, asked back and looked at him.

“I don’t know…” He shrugged.

“Alright, one more guess. You guys are pathetic.” Zayn said, doing his whole little skit over again

“I bet you don’t even know what you are,” Louis teased.

“I do! Are you sure you guys quit?” Zayn smiled.

“Yes,” We all groaned.

“I’m a tea pot!” Zayn revealed.

“A tea pot?” Harry raised an eyebrow at him.

“Zayn, how do you get a tea pot out of this?” Louis asked, imitating Zayn.

“You know, the ‘I’m a little tea pot’ song?” Zayn asked and then did his charade again. Now that he mentioned it, it did look like he was doing the dance.

Everyone just gave him a look of what-ever-made-you-think-of-that.

“You know! I’m a little tea pot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When you tip me over hear me shout. TIP ME OVER AND POUR ME OUT!” Zayn sang, screaming the last part.

“Very nice, Zayn, very nice.” Niall clapped.

“We know the song. It’s just…why’d you think of that?” Louis asked.

“Hmmm…I don’t know. But whatever, I win. You can go next.” Zayn offered.

“Uh, no thanks.” Louis rejected the offer.

“Well that was fun,” I joked, hoping we would actually do something fun. But it wasn’t until we got to Chicago that the fun would really start. At least for me and Louis………

Image

As we all sat in our seats, thinking of something to do and still being bored, Harry noticed he had a little friend.

A little girl, who looked about four or five, with cute little blond curls was staring at Harry. She was sitting in the seat in front of his. She had to have been one of the people to get on in Indiana, because none of us had noticed her before. A grumpy old business man had been sitting where she was now.

“Hi,” Harry waved and smiled at the little girl.

“Hello,” She said back in that cute little kid voice.

“What’s up?” Harry asked. Hey if he had nobody else to talk to, he might as well talk to this kid.

“Nothing.” She answered like she was much older than she really was. “Just coloring.” She shrugged.

“That’s pretty cool.”

“Yep. What are you doing?” She asked him.

“Nothing. Just sitting here.” Harry sighed.

“That’s pretty cool.” She repeated what Harry had said.

“Yeah, I guess…” Harry had to smile at her. She was a funny kid.

“Are all these guys and that girl your friends?” She asked, looking around at all of us.

“Yep. Is that your mom?” Harry asked, being friendly, pointing towards the sleeping woman who was sitting next to the little girl.

“Yep, but shhh…She’s sleeping.” The little girl said as she put one of her teeny fingers to her lips and then giggled.

“Oohhh, okay. I won’t wake her up.” Harry assured the little girl.

“Good.” She said as she looked around once more at all of us.

Liam realized that she was staring at him so he looked from her to Harry, because he had heard them talking before.

“Why, hello sir.” She said in her high voice.

“Um, hi.” Liam smiled.

“Hi,” She giggled and then turned back around to Harry.

“So what’s your name?”

“Harry.” Harry smiled.

“My name is Tina.” She giggled once again.

“Oh, that’s a pretty name.” Harry told her.

“Yeah, I know.” She said, playing with the colorful bracelet she had on her little wrists. “So are you going to introduce me to your friends or what?”

“Wow, introduce?” Harry asked. “You must be pretty smart.”

“Yeah, well I watch a lot of Sesame Street.” She explained and Harry just laughed.

“Gotcha,” He winked.

“So who are you friends?” She asked, looking over to the seat to see Niall.

“Uh, this is Niall.” Harry pointed to him.

“Hellooo.” She giggled and waved to Niall.

“Hellooo!” Niall played along. “Who’s this?” He asked Harry.

“This is Tina.”

“Oh, well hellooooo Tina.” Niall smiled, being nice to the little girl. “How’s it going?”

“Pretty good,” She nodded. “Who are they?” She asked, apparently getting bored of Niall now.

“Uh, the one closest to the window is Louis and the other one is Zayn.” Harry said, pointing to them, but they didn’t know what was going on because they were both listening to music.

“What about them?” She asked, pointing to us.

“The guy is Liam and the girl is Alex.” Harry told Tina and I looked up when I heard my name.

“She wanted to know your name,” Harry told me.

“Oh.” I said an Liam looked up to. “Hi.” I waved to the little girl.

“Hi, I’m Tina.” She smiled and I couldn’t help but get all giddy. I was such a sucker for little kids. They were so funny.

“Hi Tina.” I smiled back at her.

“Hey Tina.” Liam waved and Tina just giggled.

“I want to meet Zayn and Lewis,” She told Harry.

“No, it’s Zayn and Louis.” Harry said, feeling kind of bad for correcting her.

“Oh okay. Well, I want to meet Louis too.” She smiled.

“Alright, hold on.” Harry turned around to get the guy’s attention.

“Um…is your friend Zayn okay?” She asked, because Zayn was head banging to some song. It actually would have been pretty frightening to anyone who wasn’t in our group of friends and used to it.

“Yeah, he’s fine.” Harry laughed and tapped Zayn’s shoulder. Zayn took his headphones out and gave Harry his attention.

“Hey, there’s someone who wants to meet you.” Harry nodded towards Tina.

“Oh. Heyyy.” Zayn smiled as Tina held her hand out to shake his hand.

“Hi! I’m Tina and you’re a hunk!” She said as she grabbed Zayn’s hand with her little cold one and shook it with all her might.

“Haha, thank you.” Zayn smiled. Louis realized we were all talking to the little girl so he took his headphones off to listen.

“Well, that’s what my mommy said.” She explained.

“Oohhh…” Zayn nodded.

“Hey, I’m Louis.” Louis joined in, waving to her.

“Hi Louis, I’m Tina. You’re hunky too!” She giggled.

“Haha, I’m glad you think so.” He smiled.

“So where are you guys going?” She asked.

“We’re on a road trip.” Louis explained.

“COOL!” She cried.

“Yeah!” Zayn joined in. We all just smiled at how cute she was.

“I’m going to see my Nana.” She told us.

“That sounds like fine.” Niall smiled.

“Yep!” She agreed. “Well, I should get back to coloring. Do you guys want to help me?”

“Sure, we’d love to.” Louis nodded.

“Okay!” She exclaimed, again, and quickly got her coloring stuff.

She jumped out of her seat, her cute little shoes lighting up as she walked, and plopped herself down right on the floor between Liam and Harry’s seats.

All of us took turns coloring with her and laughing at how cute she was.

“Okay, I’m sick of coloring. Let’s play with some of my toys.” She said, pulling out a pink backpack that was about as big as she was. She opened it and pulled out a whole bunch of Barbie dolls…

Everyone except for Zayn laughed.

“Oh God, it’s your favorite game Saliva!” Louis laughed.

“Zayn,” Niall began but stopped because he was laughing so hard.

Tina gave each boy and me a Barbie doll. Then she began to play her little Barbie game.

“Hey girlfriend!” She said, shaking her Barbie at Zayn and Louis’ dolls. We all had to hold in our laughter, remembering the same exact conversation happening before at Toys R Us.

“Uh, hey Barbie.” Zayn said, waving his doll in the air. Then Louis elbowed him because he hadn’t used his Barbie voice. At least he didn’t say ‘Yo Dawg’ again… “Oh, I mean. Hey Barbie!” Zayn tried again.

“Let’s go shopping!” She said.

“Okay.” Zayn agreed.

“Oh wait! I can’t!” She said dramatically.

“Why not?!” Louis asked, putting his doll forward.

“I have to babysit that stupid baby!” She pouted.

“Oh really? That stinks!” Louis said, using his Barbie voice.

“Yeah I know…STUPID BABY!!!” She yelled as she threw the baby Barbie across the bus.

“Whoa…” Niall laughed and so did everyone in astonishment.

“You didn’t have to throw her. She could’ve come with us…” Louis said, wondering what kind of Barbie’s Tina was used to playing.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. But oh well.” She smiled.

She went on to talk some more. She had made everyone talk Barbies with her. Well, except for Liam.

“Do you like my dress?” She asked him.

“Uh yeah. It’s nice.” Liam said in his normal voice.

“You didn’t use your Barbie voice. You’re not doing it right, silly Liam!” She said, putting her hands on her hips.

“Yeah! Do it right silly Liam!” Harry joked.

“Uh okay…” Liam sighed as he cleared his voice. “Yeah Barbie! That dress is pretty!” Liam said in a high pitched Barbie voice, as he actually kept a straight face even though none of us could. I even think Tina was laughing.

“Very good.” She said as she made Harry brush Teresa’s hair.

After a few more minutes of playing Barbie, we hear a sound come from Tina’s seat.

“Tina?’ IT asked, sleepily. Then it sounded more panicked. “TINA?!” Her mother called out.

“Right here, Mommy!” She called. Her mom stood up and turned around to her playing Barbie’s with us.

“OH MY-I’m so sorry if she was bothering you!” Her mother apologized.

“It’s cool She was fine.” Harry smiled.

“Yeah, she wasn’t bothering anyone.” Louis assured her.

“Oh, well thank you for keeping her occupied.” She smiled at us all.

“No problem at all. It was fun,” Louis smiled back at her.

“Mommy, meet my boyfriend Harry.” She said casually as she pointed to Harry.

“Haha, you’re boyfriend?” Her mom asked as she gathered Tina’s stuff.

Harry just had to laugh. She was so cute.

“And that’s Niall. And the girl is Alex and that’s Liam. And then that’s the boy you thought was hunky. His name is Zayn.” She said and her mom froze with embarrassment. She just smiled, nervously at Zayn, who found this funny. “And that’s Louis, who I think is pretty hunky too.” Tina smiled.

Tina’s mother just smiled at her daughter and took her back to her seat. “Thanks again,” She thanked us, stressed a bit.

“Bye babe.” Tina winked and blew a kiss to Harry.

“Bye,” Harry laughed and waved to his new little girlfriend.

“Awww.” We all joked. We heard Tina, who was now in her seat, tell her Mom all about her exciting visit with us.

After a little while, we couldn’t hear Tina’s high excited voice anyone, because she was sleeping.

I figured she had a pretty good idea going there. Sleeping sounded good. Maybe if we all went to sleep we would get to Chicago faster.

I rested my head on Liam’s comforting shoulder and closed my eyes. Somehow, Liam and mine’s hands found each other and we held hands. Liam took his other hand and rubbed my arm gently until I fell asleep.

We all slept, wanting to wake up in Chicago. I didn’t know it yet, but as I said before…Chicago would be an amazing time…with Louis, that is.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just filler. I thought I'd put it up so that tomorrow we can get back to some thrilling/romantic stuff without filler. Hope you enjoy! Sorry if it's boring lol Harry gets a little girlfriend ;) And Saliva...I mean, Zayn plays Barbie's again. Oh joy lol Please leave me some comments! I'll put up 24 tomorrow (: