Status: HIATUS AND MAJOR REWRITING

Rumored Nights

Chapter Twenty Four

The mid-morning sun was warm on my arm as it shined through the tinted bus windows. I opened my sleepy eyes to find myself wrapped in Liam’s arms. Liam was softly rubbing my back as his head rested on mine.

It amazed me how not one of our friends saw this going on, or at least said anything about it. But something told me, or better yet reassured me, that Louis had not seen or heard a word of anything that had happened between Liam and I. This was good, because I still didn’t know how I felt about Louis and I or Liam and I.

“You awake?” Liam asked me sweetly.

“Yeah,” I answered and then looked up into his promising eyes.

“Good, cause’ we’re almost there.” He smiled as the bus turned off the highway and onto the road towards the Chicago bus station where we would board another bus, taking us one step closer to our next destination and our final one.

“That’s good,” I smiled and so did he. He smiled that adorable smirk that made my heart beat strongly for him every time I saw it on his cute face.

He didn’t say another word, but he did kiss me gently on top of my head as I rested my eyes before we got to the station.

Image

The bus rolled into the station and parked in the front. Everyone stood up and the people leaving got their carry-on bags and proceeded to walk down the bus aisle; all six of us included in those people.

Once we got off the bus, Louis and Zayn went to the counter to get our next round of bus tickets. Harry, Niall, Liam and I all took a seat on a very small bench. Well, actually, there was no more room so Niall ended up sitting on the edge of a plant, but it was okay. It didn’t really matter to him. With all this traveling he was a little out of it.

“Got the tickets,” Louis announced, waving six tickets in the air.

“Cool,” Harry said, when in reality he wasn’t all that amused. We were all kind of dazed.

“So where to next captain Louis?” Niall smirked.

“Well…” Louis began. “We get on the bus here and it’s going to take us through Missouri to Kansas. Then through Colorado. Then Utah and finally Nevada. Then after that we have to find some other way to get to California, which shouldn’t be very hard.” Louis explained.

“Sounds good to me. I can’t believe we’re almost there!” Harry perked up a little bit.

“Harry, we’re really not that close…that’s like five more states until we get to California…” Niall kind of laughed.

“Oh…well, whatever. At least we’re closer than we were before.” He shrugged.

“Yeah, you’re right. Hey, we don’t have to wait so long for this bus like we had to for the other one. Our bus is going to be here in, like, fifteen minutes.” Louis looked over his ticket.

“Really? That’s great.” Liam yawned.

You can probably imagine the next fifteen minutes so I’ll spare you the boring details and fast forward to when our bus is called.

Image

“That’s us,” Niall announced after our bus number had been called over the speakers.

“Yay,” Everyone kind of said together.

I bent down to pick up my bag. As I did so, a hand touched mine. It wasn’t Liam’s, but somebody else. I looked up to see that the hand belonged to Louis.

Our eyes met and neither of us could look away. It’s not like we really wanted to either. But still, I guess it sort of felt wrong, because of the last time Louis and I had been with each other and what had happened in between.

“Hi.” His sexy voice almost whispered in my ear.

“Hi…” I managed to choke out in a startled, yet pleasantly surprised voice.

“Let me get that for you,” He offered like a gentleman.

“Thanks,” I smiled and let him take my bag and his bag in his strong arms as we all started to walk towards the bus.

I couldn’t help but shiver as he started walking away like nothing had happened. I was still trying to recover from his beautiful eyes.

I shook my head and followed the guys out to the bus, totally taken aback by what had just happened. Just when I was beginning to think that Liam was just the guy I was looking for, Louis comes along and with just one smile he changes everything. Why were things so complicated?

“Hey babe!” A voice called out and we looked over to find little Tina and her mom waiting for their luggage.

“Hi Tina!” Harry called over to her and we all just waved.

“Bye!” Harry smiled to his little ‘girlfriend’ as we all walked to the bus and waited in line to get on.

All six of us climbed on the new bus and made our way to the seats our ticket’s designated for us.

I had figured out that the whole weird pushing each other into seats thing had been Harry’s brilliant idea to get Liam and I together, but I didn’t expect to be pushing into a seat this time. I just guessed that we would sit in the same way we had before.

Everyone put their bags in the overhead holders and I stood in front of the seats that I thought were the seats I would be sitting in with Liam. But before I could sit down I felt a soft, yet strong hand grasp my arm tightly and pull me closer to them.

I felt myself fall into someone’s caring arms. I knew it wasn’t Liam, because as I got closer I the scent of his cologne and mints, the irresistible smell of Louis. I closed my eyes and breathed him in. When I opened my eyes his eyes were burning into mine.

There was something intense and passionate about his stare that made my heart race. A sweet, but provocative smile spread across his handsome face and I knew that it was no Liam whom I would be sitting with this time around.

Louis still held my arm tightly as he pulled me closer to him, so close our bodies were touching. I could feel his warm breath on my neck as he held me this close, looking straight into my eyes.

He was so sexy that my knees began to feel weak and I almost couldn’t keep myself up. But he did as he held me close to him. When he noticed I had regained my strength (right before Liam would be able to witness what was going on), Louis pushed me playfully into his seat. I didn’t complain………

The others got on before they could figure out what had just happened between Louis and I. Which was good…for me at least.

I situated myself in the seat as Louis sat in his with his coy, yet irresistible smile still on his face as he tried to make it look as if nothing at all had happened. Like we were just two friends sitting together.

Zayn gave Louis a look as if to say ‘what are you doing’ and Louis just kept on smiling. Zayn realized exactly what Louis was doing and didn’t say anything about it to him.

“Yo Liam.” Zayn smacked Liam’s shoulder.

“What?” Liam asked as he took his bag off his shoulder and noticed that I was sitting with Louis. And, sadly, I could tell he still had no idea what was going on between Louis and I. It made my heart hurt for him and how horrible I was being to him without his knowing.

“Sit with me,” Zayn commanded.

“Um, okay.” Liam shrugged. He was up to sitting with Zayn, just as long as Zayn didn’t drool on him if he decided to fall asleep.

“GREAT!” Zayn exclaimed and Liam just rolled his eyes at him and got in his own seat. Before he sat down, he looked to me and gave me that smile of his that I absolutely loved almost more than anything.

“What, you didn’t want to sit with me?” He smiled and it just reminded me even more how clueless he was about Louis and I.

“No, I would have sat with you but-” I began, but Liam stopped me.

“I was just kidding,” He laughed and looked at me like I was weird. “Are you okay?”

“Oh…yeah, I’m fine. I knew you were kidding.” I smiled back at him, trying to convince him nothing was wrong or different.

“Okay, just as long as you’re okay.” He gave me another loving smile and sat down. My heart sank for what I was doing to him.

Then I thought, Liam and I aren’t even a couple yet so it’s not as if I was cheating on him by sitting with Louis, or whatever I was doing. I shouldn’t go so hard on myself. It was okay, nobody would get hurt because none of us were truly ‘together’ in the first place. But the more I thought about it the more guilty I felt. Even if none of us were together, someone was still going to get hurt in the end. And it would be my entire fault.

Niall, Harry and Zayn traded glances when they heard the love in Liam’s voice and noticed I was sitting with Louis. But they just shrugged it off when Liam didn’t seem beaten up about it.

“Oh God. I have to sit with Hazza AGAIN?!” Niall moaned and complained as he plopped down onto the outside seat, across from Louis and I.

“Yep!” Harry smiled.

“Well, at least I have the aisle seat…” Niall shrugged, not knowing if that was a good or a bad thing.

“Oh God…I have to sit with Zayn?” Liam moaned.

“Hey!” Zayn whined as Liam just shook his head and laughed.

It’s fine. Just as long as you don’t drool on me or flip out over Trenton Miller again.” Liam laid down the ground rules.

“Deal.” Zayn laughed along with Liam.

“I’m bored already…” Harry announced.

“Shut up, Haz.” Niall said as nicely as he could.

As the bus rolled out of the parking lot, we all had to smile to ourselves because that feeling of excitement had overcome us again like it was the very beginning of the trip. It was a nervous, yet anxious rebellious feeling that we all enjoyed.

“You guys ready to rock and roll?!” Niall asked, trying to get everyone pumped up.

“I don’t know about rolling, but I’m ready to rock!” Zayn hooted, throwing a fist in the air.

“YEAH LET’S ROCK!” Louis and Harry chanted.

“Woooohooooo!!” Liam chimed in.

And we were off, ready to hit the pavement as the boys kept laughing at their cheering.

Image

“Ahhh…” Louis sighed as he rested back in his seat, putting his hands behind his head. I looked him over. His cheeks were a little rosy from all the excitement and an excited smile was fading slowly on his handsome face. His beautiful hair was tousled and messy, only making him look more gorgeous than ever.

And Liam was out of my brain. For now, at least.

Everyone had already gotten used to the bus, unlike before. Liam had borrowed Zayn’s ipod and was now flicking through all the songs on it, trying to find one to listen to. Zayn was flipping through one of my Gossip Girl books I had already read, deciding if he wanted to read it or not.

Harry and Niall were playing tic tac toe on a sheet of paper that Harry probably got from his bag of random things to do.

“Harry! I’m the X, you’re the O!” Niall glared.

“Really?” Harry asked, squinting at the tic tac toe game as if it would tell him something different.

“Yeah, really…” Niall nodded, not believing his friend.

Image

“I’m really glad you sat with me.” Louis told me in his loveable voice.

“Well, did I really have a choice?” I smiled and so did he. His smile was amazing. Have I mentioned that before? Yeah, I think I have…

“No.” He laughed.

I loved the way his smile lit up his eyes and made them sparkle even more.

“That’s what I thought.” I giggled back.

“I missed you.” He seemed to blush, which was very un-Louis like.

“You missed me?” I asked him, even though that’s what he had just said.

“Yeah. I missed being near you and being with you.” He confessed.

“Oh, well then I missed you too.” I said, even though I had been so caught up in Liam before that I really hadn’t thought much of Louis. Much, I didn’t say I didn’t think about him. ;)

“I couldn’t stop thinking about you.” He told me. And all I could do was just smile like a fool. “That’s why I wanted you to sit with me. So we could talk and so I could do this…” He whispered as he leaned in and kissed me quickly and sweetly on the lips.

“I’m glad I sat with you then.” I smiled.

I was acting like such a…such a…such a Lola…AHHH!!

I wasn’t that bad…was I?

“I’m glad you did too.” He smiled and I felt instantly more relaxed with him.

As we pulled on the highway, Louis pulled my hand into his and rubbed it softly with his thumb as we rode on, making our way to the next destination. But at this point, I didn’t care where we were going just as long as Louis was there with me.

It’s funny how in just one moment everything can change.

And not to mention become a whole lot more complicated…………
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I was going to make it longer and less of a filler chapter, but if I had kept going on it was going to be waaaaay too long for a chapter (like that even matters, most of my chapters are 20 pages long anyways lol). Anyways, isn't Louis just so adorable? Is he changing your mind on loving Liam/Alex? Or do some of you still think she should be with Liam? I guess you'll just have to wait and see. Can't believe we're on Ch. 24 already hahah. I'm going to put up 25 later in the afternoon when I come home from the doctors. Comments are loved and appreciated!