Status: HIATUS AND MAJOR REWRITING

Rumored Nights

Chapter Twenty Six

“Lola?!” Zayn asked, again, in disbelief as we all tried to recover from the same shock.

Zayn paced around the picnic table waiting for a response.

“Zayn?” She asked in her annoying voice and Zayn cringed a little bit.

“Yeah. This is me.” Zayn sighed.

“HEY BABY!!” She squealed into the phone, causing Zayn to have to hold it three feet away so her scream wouldn’t blow his eardrum.

“Hey baby?” He shook his head.

“Yeah! I’ve missed you, sexy!” She exclaimed like nothing had ever happened before we left.

“Whoa, wait. You missed me? You’re calling me sexy? Lola, what’s the matter with you? Why’d you call me?”

“Why’d I call you? I just thought I should give a quick hello to my boyfriend!” Oh Lola…

“Boyfriend?” Zayn was starting to get angry and annoyed.

“Yeah! You, silly!” She giggled. Boyfriend, Lola? Uhhh, no quite, silly Lola.

Can someone please gag me?

“Lola, in case you’ve forgotten already…WE’RE NOT TOGETHER ANYMORE! I AM NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!” Zayn screamed into the phone, kind of making all of us jump a little bit.

“What do you mean?” She was playing dumb, which wasn’t too much of a stretch for her.

“Uh, Lola…WE BROKE UP BEFORE I LEFT!” Zayn raised his voice again.

“Oh that? I thought we were still cool, babe.” She laughed. “Why are you getting so mad? I mean you are pretty sexy when you’re angry, but you don’t have to yell. It’s okay, I’m still yours.”

Now Zayn could be klutzy and a little immature sometimes, but he was not dumb. He was smart enough not to fall for Lola’s cheap tricks.

“Well too bad, I don’t want you.”

“Excuse me?” Lola said in her Lola way.

“Lola, you think you’re so great. You think you’re so hot and that everyone wants you or looks up to you. Well, let me tell you something, BABE, you’re nothing. The only reason those other guys want you is because you’re easy. I don’t want you because you’re rude, nasty, and just all around a horrible person. So that’s why I left you and that’s why, no matter how much you beg, I will never get back with you.”

I had never seen Zayn so…angry? I don’t even know if that’s the right word to use. He had finally told her everything he always wanted to tell her and he felt so good. Way to go, Zayn!

“Whatever!” She hissed. She knew everything Zayn had said was true, but she didn’t want to admit it. “Anyways, I was wondering how far you guys have made it.” This also angered Zayn. The way Lola would always change the subject if she didn’t like what they were talking about.

“We’re in Kansas, not like it’s any of your business.” Zayn rolled his eyes.

“Oh, welllll I just wanted to let you know that I may or may not have turned your ass into the dorm advisers.” She smiled on the other end of the phone.

“You WHAT?!” Zayn stopped pacing, panic crossing his face.

We all got a sick feeling in our stomachs and, this time, we all almost fell off the picnic table.

“You heard me. And they also may or may not be talking to the dean. So all of you may or may not be expelled.” She giggled.

“Why would you do something like that?! What are we supposed to do if we get kicked out?!”

“I don’t know. You should’ve thought about that before you left. ESPECIALLY without yours truly.” She laughed. “You guys are so busted,”

“You don’t have the guts to do it, Lola.”

“Watch me,” She hissed.

“I’d rather not,” Zayn growled before he hung up an chucked his phone as hard as he could into the woods.

Image

As Lola hung up she thought of what had just happened.

She had just been denied by an extremely gorgeous guy for the first (actually the second. The 1st time being when we left, but she apparently had forgotten about that) time in her life.

She felt something she’d never felt before. She was sad. Suddenly a tear fell from her eye. Was Lola actually a normal person with normal feelings?

For a second you might think so…until she threw her phone down and pushed a vase off of her table and sent it shattering to the floor.

She wanted revenge on us SO badly, but something in her told her to wait.

Or, at least, that’s what she was going to do for now…

Image

“Uh…I guess it didn’t go too well?” Niall guessed after Zayn threw his phone deep into the woods.

“Good guess,” Zayn took a deep breath to calm himself down.

“What happened?”

“Basically just Lola being her normal sleazy self. She’s threatening to turn us into the dean! I know she’s already had a little talk with Steve and Mandi.” Zayn sighed, getting mad just thinking about it.

“Well, let’s just calm down. I’m sure nothing bad will happen. Let’s just not waste our breath speaking about Lola.” Louis placed a hand on Zayn’s shoulder, trying to make him feel better.

“You’re right.” He gave a small smile and relaxed on the picnic table.

“Uh Zayn?” Liam finally spoke up.

“What?”

“You do know you just threw your phone out into the woods…”

“Yeah…I don’t even care anymore. We don’t need a phone. Or better yet, WE DON’T NEED ANYBODY ELSE’S HELP!” Zayn declared.

“YEAH!”

“Wait a second guys…” Niall spoke up, interrupting our cheering. “Wasn’t the bus supposed to be moving again by now?”

“Yeah, I think so…” Louis looked around.

“What’s wrong now?” Harry sighed.

“Um excuse me, but could you please tell us why there’s a delay?” Louis asked the driver who, I didn’t want to admit it, looked stressed.

“Well, we hit something on the way in and now the tire’s gone flat. I don’t know what to do yet. The station forgot to pack one. I called and they’re sending one to us, but it won’t be here until tomorrow,” The driver told us as he broke into sweat thinking of how he was going to break the news to all of these people.

Louis walked back to our group and gave us an unsatisfying look.

“We’re stuck here for the rest of the night,” He sighed.

“Great,”

“Oh joy,”

“Fantastic,”

“Lucky us,”

Those were the responses that came from the other four boys.

“I wonder if there’s a hotel around here,” Louis scratched his head, sort of hoping for one, but also afraid that it would be another ‘HOEL’ experience. We didn’t want that.

“Sorry kids. I just checked and the nearest hotel is in the next town over and impossible to get to by foot.” A business looking lady informed us.

“Our luck,” Liam sighed as he picked at a piece of overgrown grass.

“No kidding,” Louis agreed, not knowing whether he should laugh or be upset at our situation at this point.

“Now what” Niall asked, sighing.

“Hey Haz, where’s your bag? Let’s find something to do,” Zayn laughed, asking for Harry’s bag full of random things to do.

Harry went to retrieve the bag as Louis thought of a better idea of a way to use his time.

“I think I’m going to make the most of this fresh air and take a walk.” He smiled. “Wanna come?” He looked around.

“Nahhh. I’m going to see what Harry has for us to do,” Zayn answered.

“Yeah, I’ll pass too. I just feel like sitting here and doing something lazy.” Liam admitted.

“I’m with them,” Niall waved a hand towards Zayn and Liam’s direction as he laid on the table.

“Suit yourselves,” Louis shrugged.

“I’ll go,” I spoke up. I was anxious for a little alone time with him.

“Great,” He smiled his amazing smile as we walked away to nowhere really, just so we could be together.

“Yay Harry!” I heard Liam laugh. It gave me comfort knowing that I wasn’t hurting him by going off with Louis and also that he didn’t suspect anything.

Image

Louis and I ended up somewhere in the woods, far away from our friends. I guess you could say we were kind of lost, but it didn’t really matter to me. Just as long as I had Louis’ comfort and safety (and I did so it didn’t really matter if I was lost).

The clearing we came to was beautiful and sort of romantic in it’s own way.

I loved how the sun shined through the trees just well enough to light up Louis’ sparkling eyes and smile. I also loved how it wasn’t too hot or too cold.

Everything was absolutely perfect. Probably because Louis was there.

“Is this the romantic place you had in mind before” He whispered to me playfully, even though he already knew the answer. He held my face with his gentle hands and we started right where we had left off before.

“Yeah it is,” I answered breathlessly as we held hands and looked into each other’s eyes.

“Good,” He smiled and pulled me closer.

He embraced me tightly, yet gently in only the way he could. Louis’ cold nose rubbed up against my warm cheek as he kissed me over and over again; each kiss somehow more beautiful than the last. If that was even possible.

“I think it’s more romantic too,” He whispered in my ear, sending chills throughout my body.

There was nothing in the world that could ruin my mood right now.

Image

“Where are those guys?” Zayn asked everyone at the picnic table as he looked around like he was going to find us.

“I don’t know, why?” Niall shrugged.

“I don’t know…they’ve just been gone for a long time, that’s all.” Zayn explained and shrugged.

“Yeah, I wonder where they went,” Harry closed his bag, not really finding anything fun in it.

“Or what they’re doing…” Niall said suggestively, raising an eyebrow.

Zayn kicked Niall from the other side of the table and gave him a pleading look. Niall realized that Liam didn’t know about Louis and I so he shut up, hoping Liam hadn’t heard.

Liam just shook his head at what he had heard. He thought that Niall’s tone had been a little suggestive, but Liam decided to ignore it and forget what he thought he may have heard.

“Yeah, they sure have been gone for a long time,” Liam agreed.

“Yeah,” The other boys agreed and continued to imagine where Louis and I could have been all this time, but I guess they’ll never truly know…

“Oooh! Gum!” Zayn exclaimed as Harry pulled some out of his bag (surprise, surprise). “I want some!” Zayn practically pleaded.

“Hold on, geez.” Harry retrieved a piece for Zayn and the rest of the guys.

“Thanks,” Zayn smiled and chomped on his gum. “Ahhh, minty fresh!”

“Shut up, Zayn.” Harry laughed and rolled his eyes at him.

“I am SO BORED!” Niall moaned as he collapsed onto the picnic table.

“Don’t die of boredom…” Liam laughed as he examined Niall’s, almost, lifeless body.

“I won’t, but can we PLEASE find something to do?” He asked, coming back to life again.

“Sure, what do you suggest we do?” Zayn waited for someone to come up with an idea.

“We could look through Harry’s bag…” Liam suggested.

“Been there, done that.” Zayn rolled his eyes as he placed his head in his hands in that way that people sometimes do when they’re bored. “I’m kind of hungry,” He looked back up, forgetting all about his boredom.

“I bet you could find some M&M’s somewhere on me,” Liam smirked.

“How much longer is this going to take?” Harry sighed.

“I don’t know, but why are they taking our stuff out of the bus?” Niall asked as he sat up and pointed to our stuff being placed on the curb. It wasn’t just our stuff, but other people’s stuff too.

“What the?” Zayn sat up too.

“Uh, excuse me, sir?” Harry asked some guy who looked like he knew what was going on.

“Yes?”

“Do you know why they’re taking our stuff out of the bus?” Harry asked in a hopeful tone.

“Well, I heard that there’s something more wrong with the bus than just the tire. So the company is sending us another bus.” He informed them.

“Really? Thanks.” Harry thanked him before they parted ways.

“Well, let’s go grab our stuff before anything happens to it.” He suggested as the boys shrugged and followed him to our stuff.

Image

I giggled as Louis kissed my neck.

“You like that?” Louis smiled playfully.

“Yeah,” I smiled back as he kept kissing me.

“You know what?” He asked between kisses. I pulled away and looked at him. He was perfect. His hair was a little messed up (just the way I liked it) and he had the best smile on his face.

“What?”

“I could just forget the whole trip right now. I could just stay here, kissing you forever. Forget California. Forget Boston. I could stay here in the woods with you forever and ever.” He told me.

Me too.

“That would be nice. But I think we need to go with the other’s to California,” I laughed.

“Yeah, you’re probably right.” He smiled.

“But,” I pulled his collar, “we can keep doing this for a little bit longer. It might not be forever, but it’s still longer,”

“Okay,” He smiled immediately and kisses me more.

Image

“Play something for us, Horan.” Zayn demanded.

“Uh, okay, what?” Niall asked as he took his beloved guitar from its case.

“Hmmm…I don’t know.” Zayn thought about it.

“Something we all know the words to.” Liam requested.

“Okay,” Niall shrugged as he began to strum his guitar.

Zayn sat on the table, trying to recognize the song Niall was playing. He tapped his foot and listened for a minute. He knew the song from somewhere…but where?

He hummed until he figured it out.

“Mary had a little lamb?” Zayn raised an eyebrow. Niall just laughed and kept playing. “Whatever, here goes nothing.”

“Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb. Mary had a little lamb who’s fleece was as white as fur.” Zayn sang.

“Who’s fleece was white as FUR?!” Niall stopped playing and stared at him, laughing.

“Yeah…” Zayn replied as if he had gotten the words right.

“It’s who’s fleece was as white as SNOW!” Harry laughed, correcting Zayn. “Or something like that. But it was definitely not fleece as white as fur. That doesn’t even make sense…” He laughed some more.

“Whatever. Fleece whiter than snowwwww. New song.” Zayn demanded as Niall continued to laugh.

“I got it,” Niall started strumming.

Zayn smiled. He knew this one and stood up.

Oh God…

“Wild thing!” Zayn sang in a silly, sexy voice.

Niall and Harry started laughing. Zayn loved to make his friends laugh, even if it was at his expense, so he got up on the picnic table…

Oh God…

“You make my heart siiiing…” He continued to sing, but now from on top of the rickety old picnic table.

Harry and Liam just danced off to the side of the picnic table, not as daring as Zayn.

He continued singing as he began to move his hips, shaking the picnic table.

“COME ON, WILD THING!” Zayn, Niall, and Liam continued on as Niall played the chorus over. They sang it again and again, before they were getting tired.

They sang the last part, knowing everyone was watching them and liking it. They kept shaking their butts until the song was done. Liam and Harry were laughing so hard that they had tears in their eyes.

Surprisingly, a few bored people clapped for them.

“Thank you! Thank you!” Harry and Zayn bowed.

If they were this bored now, I wonder how many more songs they’ll end up singing before the bus can get moving again…
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE READ THE AUTHORS NOTE TODAY: Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a few days and I haven't been updating my fics as often as I was! I've been in a pretty down lately due to a lot of stuff, but I'm okay now! Unfortunately, I'll probably only update once more until next week. Why, you ask? BECAUSE I AM SEEING ONE DIRECTION ON SATURDAY!!! I am so excited! I AM GOING TO CRY! I will tell you guys all about it in a blog when I get home! Follow @AJsDrumstick on twitter b/c I'll be updating from the concert! I should be back to updating my fics on Tuesday though! But for now, tomorrow or Friday will be the last I will update until then! Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter! Sorry it's pretty crappy. It's late and I'm tired, but wanted to finish and get something up. Louis&Alex are sooo cute! But...so is Liam&Alex. Alex sure has a hard decision to make...which will happen soon (within the next 5-10 chapters MAYBE). Thanks for all the comments an subscribes, guys! I'm so glad you all like this story! I love writing it for you! Leave me some comments, subscribe, and hit recommend please! ALSO!! I'm taking 1D one shot requests. That means, I will write you a one shot with the guy of your choice. Leave a comment on my page if you are interested and we'll talk. Might take a while, depending on how many requests I get. :)

EDIT: My laptop is broken, sorry! I'm (hopefully) getting it fixed soon and will have Ch. 27 up ASAP!