Status: HIATUS AND MAJOR REWRITING

Rumored Nights

Chapter Twenty Nine

“Alex, I love you more than anything.” Louis said in that heavenly voice of his.

“I love you too,” I told him back without a care in the world. Then suddenly realizing I’d forgotten one important thing. “But what about Liam?” I asked like a damsel in distress.

“What about him?” Louis asked, his voice more rebellious and sexy than before.

“He’d be heartbroken if you and I…” I pouted; I couldn’t even finish my sentence.

“If you and I were what? Together?” Louis was feeling a bit angry.

“Yes,” I answered sheepishly, trying to hide my emotions.

“Alex, forget all of that! Can’t you see? We don’t need anyone else but us…We can survive on only love.” Louis said passionately.

“Are you sure?” I was worried.

“I’m sure, Alex. Trust me. All we need is each other.” He reassured me.

I hesitated to answer. Louis wrapped my shaking body in his strong arms and held me tight as he brought me closer, giving me endless kisses.

“Oh Louis,” I said breathlessly.

“Alex, I’m never going to let you go.” He whispered promisingly into my ear.

I never wanted to let him go either.

“Aleeeeex…” He called romantically.

“Alex…Alex?” His voice asked, sounding a bit different and a little less dreamy.

Suddenly someone was shaking me lightly, tapping me on the arm.

“Oh Louis…” I said again like I had before.

“Um…Alex?” The voice asked again and I realized it wasn’t Louis’ voice and I also noticed my eyes were closed.

It had been a dream.

“Alex?” The voice shook me again.

“Louis?” I asked dreamily, anxiously anticipating that it would be Louis, the man of my dreams…literally.

“Um, no Alex…it’s Liam…” The voice replied. His hands rubbed mine.

“Liam?!” I shot up quickly out of my blanket, realizing what I had done.

I also smacked heads with Liam.

“Ouch!!” He yelled a bit in surprise, as his hands went directly to the bump I had probably left.

“Owww…” I moaned as I immediately fell back down to the ground, holding my wounded head.

“Wow, that hurt. Are you okay?” Liam asked me, checking my head to make sure I wasn’t hurt.

“Um…yeah, I’m fine…You?” I propped myself up on my elbows. What I really wanted to know was if Liam was okay; not only about the whole head banging incident, but also about what he’d heard me say before.

“Yeah. I think I have a headache though…” He smiled. Maybe he hadn’t considered my calling out to Louis from my sleep a sign. Or maybe I had given him a concussion.

“Me too,” I smiled back.

“Did you have a nice rest?” He held my hand, giving it a quick kiss in that sweet and caring way of his.

“Uh, yeah…Yeah, I did…” I felt a bit guilty inside.

“That’s great,” He helped me off the ground. My heart was breaking as Liam held my hand. When was I ever going to make up my mind?

“So, listen…” Liam began, getting my attention, “…the new bus is here and right now they’re just getting it all ready for everyone to get on and putting luggage in it. So I thought I’d wake you up and let you know.” He smiled, being sweet again…WHY LIAM, WHY?!

“Thanks,” I smiled at him. “I should go get washed up and changed. I let go Liam’s hand and parted ways with him and headed towards the restrooms.

As I made my way over there I took a quick look at the rest of the boys. Louis and Niall were sitting on the luggage and Zayn looked like he wanted to join too. So Zayn decided to take a rest on the suitcase that had wheels.

Of course.

The suitcase rolled from under Zayn and before he knew it he was sitting on the ground instead of the suitcase.

“OWWW, MY BUTT!!!” He yelled.

“Zayn…” Liam shook his head and laughed as Louis and Niall helped Zayn off the ground, not wanting to admit that they knew him.

Harry looked around like he’d never seen any of them in his entire life, but everyone already knew he was with us so there really wasn’t a point to it. He was stuck with us.

I shook my head and laughed until I got to the ladies room. As I got ready my mind started to go insane with thoughts of what had happened when I said Louis and if Liam had heard it and what the whole dream was supposed to mean anyway. It was all so confusing.

When I was finally ready, I walked back out to find Zayn successfully sitting on a suitcase as he ate a bag of sunflower seeds, sharing it with the other boys.

“Hey Alex!” Zayn waved with the hand that held the package of sunflower seeds. I think you might know where this is going…

As Zayn waved his arm back and forth, tiny, salty seeds popped out of the package, hitting everyone near Zayn.

“Aww, man!!” Zayn exclaimed once he lost a few seeds.

“Zayn…why do you ALWAYS have to make a mess?” Louis moaned, flicking a seed off of his leg.

“Sorry,” Zayn shrugged, opening a little more so he could get the remaining seeds out.

“Hey Zayn, can I have some of…” Niall began, but before he could finish asking for some sunflower seeds, Zayn had the package against his lips as he pretty much inhaled the rest of his food.

“Some of what?” He asked with a mouthful of seeds.

“Never mind…” Niall rolled his eyes and Zayn just shrugged.

A few minutes passed and it was finally ready to leave.

“ALL ABOARD!!!” A jolly little man, no, not Santa, laughed at himself as everyone just smiled politely as they grabbed their things and walked to the new bus.

I kind of planned to sit with Liam on this ride, but instead I ended up with Louis so we all just sat the same way we had been before; Liam and Zayn were sitting in front of us and Niall and Harry were sitting across from us.

We all took our seats and it was time to get back on the road and head towards Colorado, then to Utah, and Utah to Nevada. And then, FINALLY, California. It seemed so close, yet so far.

“WOOOHOOO!” Zayn cheered. “Colorado, here we come!!”

“Yeah!” Liam joined in.

“Wooo, let’s hit the pavement!!” Louis smiled. Oh boy…did I love his smile.

“Yay!” Harry and Niall chimed in on the fun.

“We’re not even moving yet…” Niall realized.

“Oh yeah.” Louis laughed.

After a few minutes the bus began to roll out of the parking lot. We all felt used to buses by now.

Then we heard a familiar giggle coming from Zayn’s direction. We were a little afraid to ask.

“Zayn?” Louis asked, looking over the seat. “What’s wrong?”

“Hahaha, I just thought of the perfect song.” Zayn laughed to himself. Needless to say…we didn’t get it.

“Are you, like, cracking up or something? Do we need to admit you to a mental hospital?” Niall shook his head.

“Ahhh! He’s the real Trenton Miller!” Harry cried and began to laugh. Zayn ignored him.

“Wait, so what was your perfect song?” Liam asked, kind of backing away a little just incase there was a dance that went with it.

“The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round. ALL THROUGH THE TON!” Zayn began singing.

We all just stared at him in amazement. And, of course, he continued.

“The baby on the bus goes wah, wah, wah. Wah, wah, wah. Wah, wah, wah. The baby on the bus goes wah, wah, wah…”

“Just like Zayn…” Harry added.

“Hey!” Zayn cried, but decided to continue. “the person with a cold on the bus goes achoo, achoo, achoo…”

“The person on the bus with a cold?” Louis asked.

“Whatever…” Zayn shrugged. “The person with a headache on the bus goes shhh, shhh, shhh. Shhh, shhh, shh. Shh, shh, shh. The person with the headache on the bus goes shh, shh, shh. All through the town!”

“I think I’m the person with a headache on this bus.” Liam sighed, banging his head against the window.

“Is he done yet?” Niall asked.

We were all getting tired of the stupid songs that has happened on the trip. But I think the best one out of them all was Liam’s strip tease to ‘I’m too sexy’. I’m sure NONE of us, even Liam, will ever forget that.

“The singer on the bus goes la, la, la. La, la, la. La, la, la. The singer on the bus goes la, la, la. All through the town!”

“Ughhhhh…” We all moaned, not amused.

“The scared person on the bus goes AH, AH, AH!! AH, AH, AH!! AH, AH, AH!! The scared person on the bus goes AH, AH, AH!! All through the town!”

“Zaaaaaayn….” Liam pleaded as he pressed his face to the window.

“Liam Payne on the bus goes ‘Zayn shut up’, ‘Zayn shut up’, ‘Zayn shut up’. Liam Payne on the bus goes ‘Zayn shut up’. All through the town!” He sang.

“He’s not the only one…” Niall added.

“The cow on the bus goes moo, moo, moo. Moo, moo, moo. Moo, moo, moo. The cow on the bus goes moo, moo, moo. All through the town!” Zayn sang the last part like he was an opera singer…for no reason.

“Or farm…” Niall interjected.

“Okay Zayn. How about we stop the wheels on the bus because you’re starting to sing Old Mac Donald Had a Farm…” Louis pointed out.

“Ei Ei OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” Zayn finished Louis’ phrase. “With an oink, oink here and an oink oink there. Here a-” Zayn pointed to Liam like it was his cue.

“Oink.” Liam mumbled.

“There a…” He pointed again.

“Oink.” Liam said again.

“Everywhere a…” Another point.

“Oink, oink, Zayn can you shut up now?” Liam asked, getting sink of this game.

“Oh sure…” Zayn stopped and sat back, but he couldn’t resist the urge. “Ei Ei O.” He sang softly.

“ZAYN!!” Everyone screamed.

“What?” He looked around. Everyone went back to their own business.

I kind of wished Zayn would have went on though, because when we were all laughing and having fun I didn’t have to think or worry about what would become of Louis or Liam and I. It was just better when I didn’t have to think about it, even though I knew I would have to face it sooner or later and make my choice. I just wanted to have fun…if that was even possible.

Louis sat back in his seat with a smile still on his face from Zayn’s singing.

“Hiii,” He somewhat greeted me with his sexy voice and smile.

“Hey,” I answered, scared to fall for him and scared that my dream might come true.

But I couldn’t help it. I just cuddled up next to Louis and let myself fall completely in love with him like I always do.

“I love you,” He whispered into my ear, sending chills throughout my body. I smiled, looking up into his beautiful eyes.

“I love you too.” And I meant it. There was a part of me right then and there that just wanted to choose Louis once and for all. But I couldn’t stop thinking of how I felt about Liam too. Especially with him only sitting right in front of me.

Louis offered me his shoulder and I took it without resisting.

Why? Why couldn’t I resist Louis?

Whatever the reason was, it apparently didn’t matter because I just let myself rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes as he rubbed my back.

“Wake me up when we get to Colorado.” I whispered into his shirt.

“I will,” He whispered back and kissed my head.

And the wheels on the bus rolled round and round on their way to Colorado…
♠ ♠ ♠
ATTENTION: If you would like a small part in this story by being extra girls on the side (Zayn's girlfriend already chosen) then just leave me a message!! The parks won't be until the end and are very small, but yeah. Okay, okay. So this is basically just filler that you're probably going to find boring. I was going to keep going, but I thought I'd stop and wait for Colorado next chapter. THEY'RE ALMOST TO CALIFORNIA! But that means their story is almost over. ;) But don't worry...there's still A LOT to tell. I'm working on the next chapter now because I'm in the writing mood!! So Ch. 30 possibly tonight again or tomorrow! WOW 30 chapters already? That's crazy! I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who stuck with me through this crazy story for the past few months. I love you guys. :) So please leave me some comments, recommend and subscribe if you haven't already! (I also have a new story coming soon!)