Status: HIATUS AND MAJOR REWRITING

Rumored Nights

Chapter Four

Back at Zayn’s place, he and Lola had just gotten back from their classes and, of course, Lola was being her usual self…

“Oh Zayn! You’re so hot! Kiss me sexy!” She was playing her own little, obnoxious game and she was practically begging Zayn to play along. He gave her the satisfaction of one, short kiss, but truthfully his mind was elsewhere. And Lola was getting pretty impatient with him. “HEY!” She screamed, angrily, and smacked Zayn in the face so he would turn and look at her. Wow, talk about abusive girlfriend. She didn’t hurt him, but she was just so selfish that she had to resort to physical contact to get attention.

“Ow! What was that for?!” Zayn glared, getting a little ticked off at her nasty ways.

“Pay attention to me!” She demanded with that demonic, commanding tone in her voice.

“I am! I HAVE been!” Zayn was getting madder at her. What gave her the right to be so cruel? He wondered.

“Whatever. What’s your problem?” She asked in her snobby voice.

“You!” Zayn yelled and then kind of wished he hadn’t. Once he saw the look on her face he had forgotten how mean she actually could get.

“ME?! WHAT THE HELL DID I DO?!” She asked like she was so innocent. But everyone, even Lola, knew she was far from innocent. There was nothing innocent in her nature.

“Yeah, you! I’m so sick of you being so rude and thinking you can walk over people just because you’re pretty!” Naturally nice Zayn told her and he didn’t care what she thought of him talking back to her. It felt good.

“When was I rude?!” She yelled. Hah! As if she didn’t already know the answer to that.

“Don’t play dumb, Lola!” Zayn sighed. But wait a minute, Zayn…she doesn’t have to play dumb. “You’re always mean to my friends, especially Alex!”

“Don’t bring that reject into our argument! So what if I’m mean to her? She deserves it!” Lola hated when Zayn brought my name up into one of their conversations.

“She’s not a reject and she definitely does NOT deserve your rudeness!” Oh Zayn…if only I could have heard you stick up for me. “She’s one of my BEST friends, Lola!” Zayn’s face was turning redder every second Lola opened her BIG mouth. “And I definitely won’t let you talk bad about her!”

“Shut up and kiss me, loser.” She demanded, jealously, and then climbed on Zayn and started kissing him furiously. He was just so fed up with her crap…so he pushed her off of him.

“Don’t tell me to shut up and don’t call me a loser! And get off of me!” Zayn glared and got up. “You can stay here, but don’t expect me to even talk to you…” He left her and went to his room, because he was so tired of all the drama.

Lola just sat there, astonished, that Zayn had left her. HER. LOLA. Sitting all alone on his couch. No one had ever done that to her. She was not used to people ignoring her. She couldn’t take this. She always got what she wanted. But she wasn’t going to get Zayn tonight. And that may be why she stuck around with him. Because she had to sort of work for Zayn and she was used to having any guy she wanted. (Heck, she had a few other guys on the side as we speak that Zayn had no idea about.)

This is why she had to have Zayn. That and also the fact that she knew if she got rid of Zayn that I could possibly have him. And Lola would not stand for that. She didn’t want me to have anything, ESPECIALLY Zayn.

She just couldn’t let it happen.

So as Lola sat on Zayn’s couch all alone she told herself that she was going to be nicer, only a little bit though. She could not see Zayn leave her. Or leave her for me. She was making up an evil master plan and I hoped it would crash and burn. She didn’t deserve amazing Zayn…

Image

“Oh my gosh! I can’t believe we’re actually going!” Louis hadn’t stopped smiling all day like a maniac. He was so happy that this road trip was going to happen.

“Hah…yeah, me neither.” I rolled my eyes and forced a smile. I suppose it wasn’t too hard, because when Louis smiled it made me want to smile too. As much as I objected to this road trip, I was happy that Louis was happy.

As Louis went and on and on about the trip on our way back to my place, my stomach had started to feel uneasy. What had I just done? Did I really tell Louis that I would go on this crazy road trip? I couldn’t have…but I did. And now it was pretty much too late to change my mind. If I did, Louis would be crushed and that was the last thing I wanted to do. So no matter what I HAD to go. I just hoped the rest of the guys would be with me on this one…

Once inside my place, I left Louis in the living room to do whatever he wanted while I went to clean up a little bit. When I came back after about twenty minutes, he was pacing back and forth.

“Geez, have you been like that the whole time?” I asked anxious Louis as he rushed closer to me like that was going to make us talk about the trip even faster.

“Like what?!”

“Like that…you’re pacing and you’re all nervous looking.” I laughed as I pointed it out to him.

“Oh, yeah, sorry. I’m just…excited!!” He admitted, trying to stop his impulse to pace.

“I’m sure you are,” I laughed.

“Yeah, so we really need to work out the details for our road trip before we go and tell the guys about all the fun we’re going to have.” Louis told me, but it actually sounded more like he was demanding me. Like I didn’t have any other choice than talk about this God forsake road trip.

“Okay, shoot.” I tried to stay as calm and casual as I possibly could, but on the inside…I was freaking out just like Louis had been. I was nervous and scared of the outcome of this so called “road trip”.

“Well, um…I don’t know. When are we leaving?” Louis asked me. Like I would know. This was his road trip and his idea. How was I supposed to know all of the kinks?

“Uh…when was it again?” We walked into the kitchen and both grabbed a soda.

“March tenth!” Louis informed me without skipping a beat.

“Okay, well that’s really close, Lou…” I reminded him, not being too sure if we could actually do this in such little time. “It’s already March 1st! That only give us about nine days to get there…to get to CALIFORNIA. We live in Massachusetts, Lou! How do you expect we do that?” I asked, seriously doubting this trip the more we talked about it.

“We…we…we could leave tomorrow!” Louis yelled. “Yeah, that’s what we’ll do! We’ll leave tomorrow! Bright and early so no one will catch us!” Louis informed me as if he had it all realistically planned out.

“Whoa, wait a minute Louis! Tomorrow?! You expect us to be ready to leave TOMORROW?” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

“Well, yeah! We’re kind of going to have to be ready tomorrow if we want to make it…” Louis acted like it was no big deal.

“LOUIS! HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE WHEN WE DON’T EVEN HAVE A CAR?!” I yelled, getting a little annoyed by his assumption that we could just get to California that easily.

“A car…?” Panic spread across his cute face as he searched his mind for an answer to this dilemma.

“Yes, Louis. A car. A CAR. You NEED a CAR to go on a ROAD TRIP!” I reminded him, loudly.

“I know! I know! You don’t have to get so mad, Alex! We just need to sort out a few things…” He tried to comfort me by acting sensible. It wasn’t working. “Hmm…where are we going to find a car? …WAIT! Harry has a car!” Louis smiled, thinking all of his problems were solved.

“Lou…Harry has a TRUCK! We cannot fit six people and our luggage into a pickup truck and expect to make it cross country!” I explained to him.

“Oh yeah…” He sighed, racking his brain again for another solution.

“Yeah,” I was ready to give up, but Louis kept going. He really wanted this and he was not giving up that easily. And honestly…I wasn’t going to stand in his way. When Louis wanted something THIS bad…he was going to get it.

“Wait, doesn’t Zayn have that minivan that was his mom’s or something and now it’s in that garage place because he feels like an idiot driving around in it?” Louis was sure he had solved all of his problems with this one.

“Uh, yeah I think so…” I felt a little weird even thinking about Zayn at that moment while I was totally crushing on Louis.

“We can use that! Problem solved! See it was THAT easy!” Louis smiled, still thinking things were that easy. When was he going to learn that nothing is THAT easy?

“No, Lou, it’s not that easy. For one, you haven’t even ASKED Zayn if you could borrow it or even if he was coming or not. And for two, you want to take a ‘cool’ road trip in a MINIVAN?” I tried to show him how insane he sounded. But he didn’t seem to care one bit.

“So? Who cares if it’s a minivan? At least it’s something! And I know for a fact that Zayn will come and let us borrow the van. It’s almost TOO perfect!” Louis assured me and I just dropped it, because there was no way getting past Louis’ enthusiasm. He was going to find every reason possible to go on this road trip. No matter how silly or senseless it may have been or sounded.

“What about money, Louis? Do you even have any? You can’t get by on a road trip with twenty bucks!” I informed him. He thought for a moment and dug through his pockets, hoping the money he needed would magically appear there…but he had no such luck. He pulled out a crinkled twenty dollar bill, some loose change, and a linty piece of gum.

“I-I don’t know…we can get some. I bet if we all put our money together we’ll have enough!” I sighed, rolling my eyes at him. If we didn’t have money how were we supposed to make it? It was a crazy idea. But by the look on Louis’ cute but sad face…I knew that even though it was crazy we were going to have to deal.

“Oh, Louis…don’t you think this is a little too insecure? A little too risky?” I asked, hoping he would see the doubt and faults in his plan. But he was oblivious to them.

“No way! Look, Alex. This is perfect! I think we were meant to go on this trip! This is like a once in a lifetime opportunity!” Louis tried convincing me with his ways again. Half of me wanted to go and half of me wanted to stay. But I knew, for Louis, I was going to have to settle for the going half of me.

“I know! I know!”

“Will you still come?” Louis looked at me with his beautiful eyes which were filled with sadness. And I knew there was no way I could refuse him now. I sighed loudly.

“Of course I’ll still come. I promised, didn’t I?” I reminded him of my stupidity to say yes and his perfect smile lit up his face and pushed away all of the sadness.

“Awesome! Let’s go tell the guys!” He was getting more and more excited as he kissed my cheek as a sweet little ‘thank you’ which probably meant more to me than it did to him.

“Okay,” I smiled. And not only because I was trying to make Louis happy, but from him kissing my cheek. We got up and went to go tell the guys about Louis’ master plan…
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Lola. You bitch. lol Anyways, hope you liked it! Please comment with feedback! I'll get chapter five up when I get a couple of comments! :)