Status: HIATUS AND MAJOR REWRITING

Rumored Nights

Chapter Five

“TOMORROW?!” Harry yelled in shock. He sounded more astonished at the rush of the trip than I had been.

“Yeah,” Louis smiled.

“Tomorrow?” Harry asked again in disbelief.

“Yes, Harry, tomorrow. Bright and early! You in?” Louis asked in his mischievous voice.

“Dude, tomorrow? I mean…don’t you think that’s a little…” Harry was very unsure of this and looked around for support “too short notice…?”

“No way!” Everyone looked a little scared to him down, I was sure. That’s why I was going…

“Holy shit, man! Lou, are you insane?! It’s too short notice! How the heck are we supposed to pull that one off?!” Niall questioned Louis’ crazy ways, looking around at everyone.

“I don’t know; we just leave!” I could tell Louis was getting a tiny bit upset over the fact that nobody was jumping up and down with excitement like he had imagined and hoped.

“Do you know how long it could take to pack for a road trip, Lou?” Liam asked.

I couldn’t help but notice that Zayn seemed a little distant and out of it. Like this whole thing wasn’t phasing him. His mind seemed to be somewhere else. Lola maybe? It had to have been about her because, thankfully, she was nowhere in sight. But I still felt bad for Zayn, because he shouldn’t have been so shaken up over someone like Lola…

“What do you need to pack that would take you more than a day, let alone a few hours?!” Louis asked, getting upset, but still looking quite sexy in the process.

“Uh, I don’t know…everything?” Liam answered, trying not to push anymore of Louis’ buttons. I guess he didn’t find Lou’s anger sexy like I did.

“What’s everything?! Stop being a baby! Pack some clean undies and let’s rock it!!” Louis was almost whining now and I had to smile because he was still trying to be serious when he said undies.

“Uh, dude, I don’t think it’s that easy…” Niall tried to reason with an angry Louis.

“Why does everyone keep saying that?! What’s so hard about getting up early and just going?!” Poor Louis was pretty frustrated right now. He had assumed all of his friends would be on his side, but now they were kind of chickening out. He was a little bit disappointed in them.

“Oh and by the way, what car are you planning on taking, Lou? Your bike won’t get you cross country…” Harry frowned.

“Well, ACTUALLY, I was planning on asking Zayn if I could use that minivan…” Louis smirked, waiting for Zayn to respond, but Zayn hadn’t even heard him. He was too busy sitting there with a depressed look on his face; depressed over Lola.

“Zayn. Zaaaayyyyynnnnnnn?” Louis called to him when he didn’t answer. When everyone saw Zayn look so out of it they all forgot about the trip for a minute and gave each other a confused look.

“Huh?” Zayn finally looked up, breaking his Lola thoughts.

“The minivan…” Louis began but Niall cut in.

“The Dork-mobile?” He cracked and he, Liam, and Harry smirked at each other.

“Whatever,” Louis proceeded. “Can we borrow it to go on the road trip?”

“Uh, yeah, sure. That’s fine.” Zayn agreed.

“You’re coming right?” Louis asked, hopefully, looking to his buddy for the answer he wanted to hear. He wasn’t going to get it.

“Uh, I don’t know man…” Zayn sighed and a sad look spread across his face. And Louis still sat there, waiting patiently and anxiously for the answer he wanted. “I just…I don’t think I can go. I have so much to deal with about Lola and stuff. I don’t think it’s right for me to go. But here, man. You can take the van.” Zayn got up to leave and tossed Louis the key.

“What?! How are we supposed to do it without you?!” Louis cried. He wasn’t just sad about not having Zayn’s singing voice; he was sad because one of his best friends wouldn’t be along for this wild ride.

“You’ll manage,” Zayn assured him, half-heartedly.

“But…” Louis tried to think of a reason for Zayn to stay.

“Sorry, man. Have fun…” Zayn told him. I could see the sorrow Zayn was feeling and it made me hurt even worse to know that evil, horrid Lola was responsible for Zayn’s unnecessary pain.

“Uh!” Louis couldn’t believe what was happening. He looked down to the key, shocked. He managed to mutter, “Bye…thanks man.” Zayn left without another word.

Louis looked sadly to everyone that was left. They all tried to avoid Louis’ sad stare.

“Niall??” Louis pleaded desperately. And even though it hurt, Niall turned to face his friend.

“I’m sorry, man…” Niall shrugged in guilt.

“What?! You’re flaking out on me too?!” Louis yelled and I saw hurt tears fill his eyes.

“Look, I…it’s just too soon man…” Niall tried to reason, but Louis had stopped listening.

“Harry??” Louis tried holding his tears back as he turned to his next friend.

“Uh…I…” Harry didn’t even get to finish. A vein was throbbing out of Louis’ neck angrily.

“Thanks!” Louis yelled. Harry looked down to his shoes, feeling bad for being unfaithful to his friends. He couldn’t manage to say one more thing.

“LIAM?!” Louis asked urgently, as Liam was his last resort.

Liam’s cheeks flushed pink with guilt. He didn’t know if he wanted to go and now it seemed like it wasn’t even going to happen. So he just looked down to the floor to avoid Louis’ hurt and accusing stare.

“FINE! THANKS GUYS! What’s up with you?! I thought you guys would support me!! IT HOGUHT YOU WERE MY FRIENDS!!” Louis yelled. He kind of resembled a five year old in some parts of his outrage.

“Look, it’s not that we’re not your friends. We just…it’s not a good time to leave!” Niall spoke for everyone.

“STOP! Just stop! I don’t even want to hear it!” Louis announced, loudly.

“Lou…” Harry began.

“Don’t Louis me! Just don’t even worry about me and my ‘stupid idea’. It’s fine, whatever. You guys stay here. I’ll make it on my own.” Louis told them, talking about the audition and everything else too.

“Sorry…” They said, sincerely. And Louis kind of knew they were being truthful. He just smiled a disappointed smile and grabbed his jacket.

“I’ll see you guys later. I’ll pick you up tomorrow, Alex. It’s nice to see who your TRUE friends are…” Louis said sadly, and with that, he left.

“AW GUYS! Why couldn’t you just go?!” I complained, feeling a massive amount of sadness for poor Louis. They all sighed.

“I don’t even know. I just…I don’t think we should do it. I don’t know if it’s even possible to pull it off…” Niall frowned at himself. Harry and Liam felt the same. They felt like horrible excuses for friends.

“Well, I hope you guys are happy. He really wants to do this…” I told them and Liam knew what I meant.

Liam and mine’s eyes locked and we got lost in each other like I hoped it would never turn out.

“I just wish you would come…” I said it like I was talking to everyone, but it was more or less directed at Liam and he knew it.

They all nodded, sadly, and I unlocked my eyes from Liam’s and turned to leave.

“Hope I see you guys. Bye…” I walked to the door.

“Bye Alex…” Niall said, still thinking.

“Night…” Harry pushed a little smile on his face.

“Goodbye, Alex…” Liam told me, still giving me his look.

“Bye guys…” I sighed and I almost felt disappoint in them too, just like Louis had been.

I left to go pack my clean undies and my guitar. It was the least I could do if we were actually going for real tomorrow morning. And I hoped and wished the guys would maybe change their minds.

Image

Zayn walked to his dorm, his head so cluttered with thoughts of Lola, the road trip, me, and Louis. He felt lost. He knew that if he went on the trip it would only make him worse, so he vowed not to go even thought that meant letting Louis down.

Zayn thought of all of these things as he walked down the hallway. All of the sudden something caught his attention. A high pitched giggle that sounded vaguely familiar as he shuffled by a door. The giggle made him stop dead in his tracks and back up to the door that the noise was coming from. He stopped in front of the door, which was opened a little bit. He stood and listened with all he had.

“Hehehe…HAH!” He hear the giggle again and froze as his heart stopped beating when he realized where he’d heard that giggle before.

Lola.

No…it couldn’t be… He told himself but got closer to the door and listened intently. The giggle came again, but this time there was more.

“Hah…Oh Aaron! Stop!” The voice squeaked.

Yep, definitely Lola.

Zayn froze. He felt as if he’d swallowed his tongue. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing and prayed it wasn’t true. He was sick to his stomach but he kept listening.

“HA! Aaron you sexy boy. KISS ME!” She demanded and there was NO DOUBT about it. With an attitude like that it could only be Lola.

Zayn began to sweat and shake. Was this really happening to him? Was Lola really doing this to him? He was no longer really sad; he was mostly filled with anger and rage. Which made him to what he did next…

Image

Harry was back at his place now. He didn’t know what to do with himself. He felt so mean and useless after what he’d done to Louis by crushing him and ruining Lou’s happiness and, even possibly, their friendship.

He turned on the TV, but it didn’t seem to keep his interest. He turned on the stereo and was now sitting in his computer chair, thinking of what his next move should be. Was it too late to go now? If he did go, would Louis still want him there? Was it even on anymore?

Harry spun around in his chair, making himself partially dizzy, only adding to the spinning of these thoughts in his head. He stopped and looked up to his closet and saw a medium sized suitcase staring at him in a haunting manor. Before he knew it…Harry was taking the suitcase down and looking around for things to put in there.

Clean undies? Check…

Image

Niall was in almost the same position as Harry. But instead of thinking about how sad Louis was, Niall was thinking of all the fun that they could actually have on this trip.

He paced his empty place in his boxers and a t-shirt. Maybe he should go. It was worth a try, anyways. He didn’t know what he would do about mony so he searched his place for any kind of money. He looked in between the couch cushions, hoping one of his friends had dropped some loose change or maybe even a dollar into the ‘Niall Horan has no money fund’.

By the end of the hunt he had gathered four dollars and sixty three cents (that added to his twenty in his pocket) for a total of 24 bucks. That would be enough, right? Whatever. He needed a suitcase now.

Niall asked all of his buddies near him for a suitcase, an finally found one.

Niall, still in his boxers, walked the halls of the dorm back to his room to make like Harry, Louis, and I and pack his clean undies.

Image

Liam was still undecided. Should he go? Should he stay? Was everyone else going? Was the trip still on? Would it be worth it? The audition seemed like a good idea to Liam, but he didn’t know if he was still invited or not.

He remembered my words directed at him and he knew I would be there. This is what made Liam want to go the most. A whole trip with me. He had to admit it sounded great. But he also worried that I may not pay attention to him if Louis was going to be there.

Whatever Liam’s reason, he still felt the need to go.

It wasn’t completely like him, but he felt it would be good to go and run free; no rules, just a little innocent (or not so innocent) fun, music, and friends. It was actually perfect…why had he said no in the first place?

Liam played with the zipper on his hoodie and thought some more about the pros and cons of the decision that was waiting to be made.

Yeah…Liam might actually just go.

He would go for Louis and for the fun and music.

But mostly…he would go for me.

Alex… He thought as he searched his room for something to put his clean undies in…

Image

Was that seriously Lola in there? There was no way denying it; it WAS Lola. Zayn lifted his shaking and sweaty palm to the door and slammed it open with all of his strength (and Zayn was strong so you can imagine the BANG it made).

Zayn stood in the door way, his chest heaving up and down from his heavy breathing. His eyes were wide, but still filled with anger and rage; and shock to top it all off.

Speaking of tops…Lola had seemed to have lost hers. There she stood in “Aaron the sexy boy’s” arms in only her jeans and skimpy undergarments. Aaron had lost his shirt too, I might as well add.

Lola’s face twisted in surprise and shock. Her cheeks lit red with embarrassment and guilt. She dropped her arms from Aaron and took a step back.

“Hey babe…” She said, trying to keep her Lola confidence.

“Hey babe?” Zayn asked, angrily, through clenched teeth. “Hey babe?!”

Lola tried to use her devilish smile to get her way out of this one, but it was not going to work. Not this time. She had just ruined the best thing in her pathetic life.

“What. The. HELL?!” Zayn yelled, trying not to go all out and scream his head off and chuck her across the room.

“Sorry, Hun, I…” Zayn was not listening to her. He was so sick of her. But she still wanted him. She was used to having everything she wanted. But she wasn’t going to get Zayn…HAH!

Zayn walked over as calmly as he could to this Aaron dude.

Zayn’s strong fist made a hard, loud BANG on Aaron’s face. Aaron flew back then fell to the ground. And Zayn still stayed calm. Lola’s mouth opened wide as did her eyes. Aaron looked up at Zayn in awe and Zayn just shook his head.

“Close the door next time…” Zayn said, sarcastically, with his anger and walked out; his shoes making an angry heavy clunk as he walked back towards his dorm.

He couldn’t believe what he’d just done. His hand hurt; imagine what Aaron’s face must have felt like. But even though Zayn’s hand hurt, it was worth it. It felt so good to do that.

Lola came running out into the hallway, with her shirt was placed messily back on her body, as she desperately chased after Zayn.

“ZAYN!!” She called out, expecting him to stop and forgive her. But Zayn kept on walking. “ZAYN! I SAID STOP! YOU BETTER STOP RIGHT NOW!!” She screamed letting her completely evil side out.

Zayn kept on walking.

“ZAYN! STOP!!” Lola yelled for the last time, having a selfish fit because he wouldn’t pay attention to her. Lola couldn’t handle this rejection anymore.

She stomped her red stiletto heel and when that didn’t work, she whipped it off of her foot and chucked it at Zayn’s back.

Zayn felt the shoe hit him and he stopped. Maybe this road trip wasn’t such a bad idea after all…

Image

Lola stood there, looking from her hand to Zayn’s back to the red shoe that was lying on the floor beside Zayn’s feet. Had she really just thrown her shoe at him? Yes, she had. Lola had let her selfishness and rage get the best of her. Now that she had chucked footwear at Zayn she may never get him back.

Zayn stood there frozen in the hallway. He’d been hit. By a shoe. He looked down at the red shoe with an enormous heel sitting on the floor next to his foot. Had Lola really thrown a shoe at him? Why would she throw a shoe? Zayn had no idea. He just looked at her and she tried to use her stupid “innocent” pout to make him forgive her, but that was just not going to work this time.

Zayn just shook his head and kept on walking in the direction of his place.

“Zaaaayyyyn!” Lola whined as if she’d done nothing wrong. She hobbled along after Zayn, picking up her shoe on the way. Zayn tried his hardest to ignore her.

“ZAYN PLEASE JUST TALK TO ME!!!!” She demanded even though she had actually used the word please.

“Talk about what Lola?!” Zayn turned around suddenly, giving Lola an angry, raged face. “What is there to TALK about?!” I just caught you ALL OVER SOME OTHER GUY!!” Zayn reminded her, pointing in the direction of Aaron’s dorm.

“Oh, who? Jonathan? We’re not really…” Lola stupidly began.

“Jonathan?! Who the hell is JONATHAN?! I thought that guy’s name was AARON!!!!” Zayn yelled with disbelief. Wow, it’s pretty bad when you can’t even get your lover’s right.

“Oh, did I say Jonathan? I meant Aaron…” Lola said, trying to save herself, but it was no use.

“Save it LOLA!” Zayn growled. “I DON’T CARE. WE’RE DONE.”

And for once…Lola was actually speechless. She did not say one word. She did not demand one thing. She felt sad. She felt like a normal human being. Amazing…did she really have feelings? I hoped they were hurt in the worst way possible.

“Done?” She asked, feeling sad and almost lonely even though she could think of eight guys off the top of her head to call. And even though she had many men waiting in line for her…she wanted Zayn. And for once the guy didn’t want her. Lola pouted but she was going to have to get used to things not going her way.

“Uh, no Lola. I just caught you CHEATING on ME, but whatever we’re still cool…NO WAY! I’m NOT, I repeat I am NOT STAYING WITH YOU LOLA!” He yelled as they inched towards his door. Zayn was on the inside by now and Lola was waiting outside his door, thinking she was going to be able to come in.

“Fine.” She sniffled. She had never felt this way before. She looked so stupid standing there sniffling. She looked so lost and sad. And Zayn didn’t care. She thought she could get away with the things she did, but she was wrong. Oh so wrong. “But I love you.” She tried to convince Zayn.

“Yeah and let me guess do you love Aaron and Jonathan too?” Zayn asked as his anger brought him a sarcastic attitude.

“No! They don’t mean anything! I love you!!” She begged.

“Well, Lola…I don’t love you.” Zayn told her and shut the door right in her nasty, pretty face. He proceeded to go pack his clean undies, even if he was the last one to do so.

Lola stood there staring blankly at the closed door that had slammed in her face not two seconds ago. She felt tears well up in her eyes. She was a mess. Mascara and eye liner slid down her face and the strap on her tank top slipped off her shoulder. She had one shoe off and one shoe on. Her hair was tousled and not in an attractive way. It was ratty and mangled. She had never felt so disgusting and useless. And as if she couldn’t have looked any worse or any more desperate than she did at that moment, a HUGE hiccup escaped her mouth, hurting her throat as it came out.

She was pathetic.

And she was Zaynless and that is something no girl could ever want to be.

She walked out towards the door to leave, not really sure of what had just happened. As she walked by Aaron’s room he was standing there like he was waiting for her to come back all along.

Lola pulled herself together, stopped, and looked at him.

“Call me.” She demanded regaining her Lola attitude.

At least SOMEONE could make her feel better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, new chapter! Ended up being longer than I intended it to be. But, you know. Whatever lol Hope you guys like it! Please comment with thoughts!