Status: HIATUS AND MAJOR REWRITING

Rumored Nights

Chapter Seven

The guys and I all shared confused looks. Why was Lola following Zayn? There was no way she was coming with us. If she came, I was out and I knew I wouldn’t be the only one. By the look on Zayn’s face…it was as if he felt the same way we did. He rolled his eyes at her an kept walking, ignoring her whining.

“Zayn! Where are you going?!” She demanded in her selfish tone.

“As far away from you as I can possibly get!” He snapped back at her, continuing his walk to the van.

Niall, Harry, and I shared a pleased grin as she stood there, not knowing what to say next.

“Where?” She asked as she folded her arms over her chest in an angry way.

“California.” Zayn told her even though he knew she really didn’t need to know.

“CALIFORNIA?!” She yelled in disbelief.

“Yeah,” Zayn frowned at her like he was telling her to get lost. I loved every minute of this whole ordeal and I could tell by the happy and amused looks on everyone’s faces that they were enjoying it too.

“Then I’m coming too!” She informed us as she kept her arms crossed and a nasty look on her face.

“Uh, sorry HUN…but I don’t think you were invited…” Niall tried letting her down easy as he said ‘hun’ in a witty, yet sarcastic voice.

Niall’s comment made everyone smirk silently. It was apparent Lola was not wanted on this trip. And Lola couldn’t handle people not wanting her. She’d never, EVER been rejected before. But things were changing for pitiful Lola as she stood there in shock that she was not welcome.

“What do you mean I’m not INVITED?!” She yelled, rudely.

“He means, you. Can’t. Come.” Harry said, slowly, so Lola could understand.

Lola tapped her foot on the pavement as she tried to think of something snobbish to say. She was drawing a blank, which was not unusual.

“Well…Well…” She began, trying to sound tough and unaffected by the rejection.

“Well?” Louis asked sarcastically, gesturing with his hands that she should go on with whatever pathetic thing she was going to say.

“I don’t think I trust HER around MY boyfriend!” Lola complained, pointing straight at me and glaring me in the eyes. I didn’t let her intimidate me; I just glared right back at her.

“Newsflash, Lola!” Zayn interrupted our stare down. “I’m NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND ANYMORE!” Zayn reminded her in a mean, but satisfying tone. Lola’s bottom lip quivered like she might actually shed a tear, but those tears she would of shed would most likely be fake and superficial. “AND I CAN GO ON A ROAD TRIP WITH WHOEVER I WANT! AND I’M GOING WITH ALEX SO YOU BETTER GET OVER IT!” He yelled at Lola as he threw his arm around me.

“You BETTER NOT leave ZAYN!!” She screamed in a hissy fit tone.

“Or what?” He asked, wanting to laugh at the desperation in Lola’s voice.

“I’ll…I’ll…” She stumbled, which was very un-Lola like.

Harry looked at her and just shook his head. How pathetic.

“You’ll be sorry!!” She hissed as she made her threatening promise to Zayn and also to everyone else on the trip.

“OoOh. I’m shaking!” Harry rolled his eyes as Liam, Niall, and Louis joined in with laughter.

“Yeah okay, Lola. Are you done so we can leave now?” Zayn asked her, sounding annoyed.

“UH!” She squeaked as her mouth dropped open at the thought of being excluded.

“Let’s hit the pavement!” Louis exclaimed as he threw an arm in the air as a sign of some sort of victory.

“LET’S ROCK!” Niall and Harry hollered as they went to the door to get in and leave.

“WOOO!” Liam yelled, following the two boys.

“YEAH!! ROAD TRIP HERE WE GO!!” Zayn chanted as he attempted a karate kick in the air. And it was official…no matter what Lola had said or done, we were all pumped.

Lola stood there with a look of disgust and somewhat horror on her face. She thought for sure she’d be able to come, but we weren’t going to let her crash our road trip that we were all, surprisingly, pumped for.

“See ya!” Niall snorted at Lola as he disappeared into the back of the van.

“Bye!” Liam waved and that cute little smile appeared on his face as he, too, climbed into the minivan.

“Miss me?” Harry asked her, rubbing it in her face once more that she was not welcome, and then jumped into the vehicle.

“We’ll be sure to send you a postcard!” Louis promised in a sarcastic and smart tone of voice and then got in the driver’s side.

“Have fun with Aaron and Jonathan,” Zayn teased her. “Tell them I said hi,” He added as he got in and sat down next to Liam, feeling proud and confident of his bravery.

I was the last one to get in and it was now my turn to tell her how I really felt. And oh geez, there wasn’t enough time to tell her how I really felt. I wanted to tell her she was a Beep, Beep beep-ity ba beeping beep beep. But I decided to keep that to myself and keep my words simple.

“Bye Lola,” I waved, tauntingly, and she glared at me with the most evil stare as I got in the passenger’s side next to Louis. She was SO jealous. And it felt SO good.

Lola stormed to the open door on the side of the van and peered in.

“I promise you, I mean I PROMISE YOU ALL. YOU. WILL. BE. SORRY!” She threatened.

“Okay, goodbye now Lola.” Zayn smiled as he slid the door shut in her face and Niall waved goodbye to her.

“UH! HOW DARE YOU?!” Lola began to rant on and on, but we just zoned her out.

Louis put the key in the ignition and turned to the back to see Liam and Zayn sitting in the middle section and Niall and Harry in the way back.

“Did we really just do that?” Louis smiled.

“Hah, yeah!” Zayn had to smile too. He felt so much better without her.

“Go us!” Niall cheered.

“Come on! Are we going to leave her sorry butt behind or what?” Harry asked.

“YEAH!” We all screamed, excitedly.

Even though we had all complained and had our doubts about this trip, we were all pretty happy we decided to come. We should have known from the beginning that we wouldn’t leave anyone behind…well, except Lola.

Louis put his head out the window and he felt the cool wind on his face and so he stuck his fist in the air and opened his mouth to scream.

“WHOOOO!!!! ROAD TRIP!!!!” He chanted at the top of his lungs. Those coffees were really starting to kick in for him…

The rest of us joined in too, getting all excited for the road trip.

I looked in the rear view mirror to see Lola standing in the same spot as we drove away without her…HA. HA.

“Whoooo!” Zayn smiled as he tried to calm down and we all couldn’t stop smiling. Lola finally got what she deserved.

“Aw man did that feel as good for you guys as it did for me?!” Louis asked.

“Oh dude, YEAH!” Harry agreed.

“So good.” Liam nodded, feeling great.

“Holy crap, man! Do you KNOW how FREAKING AWESOME that was?!” Niall laughed. “It was freaking genius!” Niall couldn’t stop smiling.

“Dude, she had it coming! I’m just glad you guys helped me out so much.” Zayn smiled, also feeling very happy.

“Well I’m just glad you all came.” Louis smiled, changing the mood and we all began to forget Lola.

“You know it man! We couldn’t not come.” Harry smiled too. “Too good to pass up.”

“Yeah man. You’re our friend and friends stick together.” Niall said, feeling embarrassed at how mushy he got.

“Awww…” Zayn laughed. “But I have to agree. I’m glad we came. This is going to be awesome!”

“So are you guys ready to start this?!” Louis looked in the mirror back at them and then back at the road. They all nodded.

“So where are we going?” Harry asked.

“Uh…California?” Louis looked at him like he was weird.

“Okay, but where are we going in between there?” Zayn asked as he leaned his head between Louis and I.

“Uh…” Louis thought and then put Zayn in a head lock that he managed to get out of rather quickly because Louis had to focus on driving. “We’re going to New York.” Louis informed everyone.

“Oh rad, what are we doing there?” Zayn asked for everyone, because everyone was wondering the same thing, including Louis.

“Um…” Louis tried to think of something. “Hah, I don’t really know.” He smiled, sort of embarrassed.

“You haven’t figured out what we’re doing there?” Niall hollered from the back.

“Nope…” Louis laughed nervously. “But we’ve got another couple of hours before we get to New York…we can decide on the way.” Louis saved himself nicely.

“Sounds good to me.” Harry said and we all collectively agreed.

Another couple hours till New York? I was going to take a much needed nap…

Image

Lola walked back to her place in a fury. She walked into her room and crashed and banged around. She plopped down on her couch. She was so frustrated with everyone.

Lola, not invited?! They would pay! She thought as she searched for something to do. Something good, but good in an evil way. Something that would make us wish we’d never left, or at least wished that we had taken her with us. She racked her brain for the perfect punishment. She’d show us. I couldn’t wait to see her try…
♠ ♠ ♠
So Lola ended up not coming! Hahah thanks for all the comments! :D I'll throw up chapter 8 after some comments. (Chapter 9 is where all the fun begins, so the more comments, the closer it gets to some actual fun instead of filler lol) Anyways, hope you like it!