Status: HIATUS AND MAJOR REWRITING

Rumored Nights

Chapter Nine

“Right there! Perfect!” Zayn yelled, extending his arm between Louis and I as he pointed to an empty spot that wasn’t too far from a park.

“Alright,” Louis agreed as he pulled into the spot. We all prepared ourselves to get out and stretch our legs.

“I have to pee,” Harry announced.

“Please wait until we get out of the van,” Niall requested.

“You guys ready for our first adventure?!” Louis exclaimed, getting all excited. It was very cute, I had to admit.

“YEAH!!” Everyone hooted in agreement. And this was only the beginning…

Image

“OH MY GOD!” Lola exclaimed as an idea popped in her head, surprisingly…

“What?” Jonathan mumbled as he looked up, angry that Lola had made him stop slobbering all over her.

“THAT’S IT!” She squeaked. “PERFECT!” Eureka! Whatever…Lola had an idea. Which meant everybody stand back.

“What’s perfect?” Jonathan asked.

“I have to go! I just thought of the perfect revenge plan!” She smiled, feeling extra evil and smart. Wow, good job, Lola…

“You have to go?!” Jonathan complained as Lola put her clothes back on and left without saying goodbye or anything.

She knew exactly what she was going to do. She was going to be a tattle tale. She was going to get us all in trouble for not taking her with us. She was going to go tell Steve the truth. Well, of course she’d exaggerate, but none the less she was going to put her plan into action.

Oh Steveee; wait up! Lola has something to tell you…

Image

“Ahh…” Zayn let out a breath as he stretched. We had all filed out of the minivan and were now stretching from the long, tiring trip. We all yawned a little, getting ready for our day in NYC.

“My foot’s asleep…” Liam grumbled as he shook it like he was literally waking it up. No one responded to Liam’s complaining.

“Where to first?” Louis asked with a somewhat excited smile as he tucked his hands in his pockets, waiting for a reply.

“I don’t know…where do we start? There’s just so many things to do…” Niall looked around in awe. None of us have ever been to NYC.

“I know. How are we supposed to pick?” Harry asked in a daze at the city.

“Do you even remember where you are?” Niall snickered. I guess Harry didn’t find it too amusing…even though I did.

“Do you have to bring that up? I just forgot where I was, okay? It’s not like I forgot WHO I was.” Harry defended himself.

“Well, you were close to…” Niall cracked. Harry opened his mouth to answer, but Louis got his words in before Harry.

“Guys! Guys! Stop, you’re actually like little kids.” Louis frowned. Yeah, Lou. Like you have room to talk.

“Personally…I’ve always wanted to go to the huge Toys ‘R’ Us…” Liam admitted with a cute little mischievous smile.

“Me too!” Zayn laughed.

We were all the way in New York, being all big and bad…and we were headed for Toys ‘R’ Us? Does this sound right to you? Me neither…

All six of us were walking towards the big toy store, getting ready to act most likely immature. Louis, excitedly, led the way as Zayn and Niall walked in the middle and Harry following behind them. Liam and I were walking together and, even though we were in crowded NYC, it still felt as if we were all alone together. Like we were the only ones that were there. Liam always made me feel that way.

“Hey, Alex?” Liam asked, sort of quietly, trying not to attract attention so we could talk privately.

“Yeah?” I looked at him. I knew exactly what he was trying to do.

“Can I talk to you?” He asked, trying to avoid what he wanted to say.

“Sure, about what?” I bit my lip, trying to sound more casual than this actually was.

“Um…us,” He tried not to make a big deal either. We both knew it was sort of a big deal for us to talk about.

“Oh, okay…what about us?” I asked.

“That’s it. I…I just thought you should know that I only really came on this trip because I knew you’d be here…” He admitted, looking down at his feet as we walked.

“Oh really? Just for me?” I felt a little awkward and blushed.

“Well, mostly…I mean, I came because it seemed like fun too…” Liam tried to cover up his awkward feelings. “But I thought that maybe if I came we could…you know…try to decide what was going on between us…”

“Yeah, you’re right. We sort of should…” I said, hesitantly, because I really, REALLY, didn’t want to figure out our relationship right now. At this point…I just wanted to have fun. And I knew trying to figure out love wouldn’t be as much fun as I wanted to have.

“Yeah, I mean…no rush. We can do it later. I’m just saying…I’d kind of like to before we go back home.” Liam confessed in a caring and sweet tone, trying not to make me feel as if he was in a rush for the answer. And I appreciated that.

“Okay, I promise. But we have enough time. We’ll figure it out by then.” I promised him. We both smiled and there we were again, holding hands; not completely sure of what we were feeling or how long this was going to last or what we truly wanted…but just being with each other.

“Okay,” He smiled and squeezed my hand, coming a little bit closer.

No one really noticed but Harry, who always seemed to look back at just the right moment to catch Liam and I caught up in each other. But I was happy Harry was such a great friend and didn’t tell on us…

Speaking of tattle tailing…

Image

Lola stormed down the hallway. She was on a mission. She would get to Steve and tell him everything and he would get angry and get us all in trouble; possibly even expelled if Lola made it sound bad enough.

She smiled to herself as she got to Steve’s office door and knocked on it with her manicured hand. This is going to be fun… Lola thought as she waited for an answer.

“Uh…be right there…” Steve’s distracted voice called from a corner of the room. He came over to the door and opened it to find Lola standing there with an almost excited look on her face.

“Uhm, hi…Lola?” Steve didn’t know what to think of her little visit. He was confused; hadn’t he just talked to her? Don’t worry Steve. Lola is a very confusing person…

“Hi. Um I just remembered…” Lola told him in an asking tone.

“Remembered what?” Steve gave Lola a look that told her how confused he was.

“I remember that…I do know where they went…All of them.” Lola announced, feeling anxious to tell Steve all the gritty details as she elaborated and exaggerated them; making us sound much more rebellious than we really wanted credit for.

“Oh…okay…” Steve was ready to listen to whatever Lola had to say. “Come in…” He said as Lola waltzed in and took a seat. She was ready to tattle as Steve closed the door, guessing that he was ready to listen…

Image

We came to humongous store with revolving doors. We all smiled like little kids and walked inside. Liam and I still held hands, but for nobody to see. I think that’s the way we wanted it to be, actually. I had no idea what I was truly thinking. I just went along with whatever was happening.

We were all standing in front of the biggest toy store any of us had ever set foot in. Zayn, Harry, Louis, and Niall looked like they had reverted back to being five year olds and were practically drooling over the numerous toys that covered the walls and floors.

“Let’s explore…” Zayn suggested, saying explore in his sexy, mysterious voice again.

“Yes! Let’s!” Louis smiled, mischievously, like he and Zayn normally did before they got into some sort of trouble.

Okay, so I had to admit; I felt like an idiot amongst the typical five and six year olds who were running around, crying at their mother’s or nannies for whatever it was that they desperately needed. Some expensive, useless toy. But I shouldn’t have felt like an idiot because I was with giant five and six year olds, or at least that’s how it seemed.

Zayn touched every single button on every single noisy toy that he passed down every single isle. The toys were glowing and beeping and singing and whatever else noisy toys do. Louis and Zayn laughed at the toys, acting amazed at them.

Niall played with the array of toy piano’s that sat waiting for their ivory key’s to be tickled by some little kid’s sticky fingers; instead they were tapped by a crazy guy in his late teens. I had to laugh at the fun Niall was having.

Liam found an etch-a-sketch type thing that had a pen attached to it. He wrote on the grey screen ‘LIAM WAS HERE’ and then smiled at his work or ‘art’.

Harry had to touch every single thing he passed, knocking down more than a few things as he brushed past them.

“Oops…” Harry said instantly every time he touched something and it would fall off its shelf.

“Klutz…” Niall laughed as everyone kept going. I still couldn’t believe we were in a toy store on our ‘cool road trip’.

We had to walk down every isle, which was pointless. But still we did it. Just to make everyone happy. We ended up walking down a Barbie doll isle and, of course, they had to stop and touch the display. They couldn’t just leave things alone, could they?

Louis started playing with the Barbie dream car or whatever it was called and decided he’d play Barbie and Zayn was Teresa.

“Hey girlfriend!” Louis played in his best high pitched Barbie voice. All I could do was smile and chuckle.

“Yo dawg!” Zayn said in his Barbie and friend’s voice. Louis looked at him in a funny way.

“Yo dawg?” Louis asked in a somewhat annoyed voice.

“What?” Zayn asked, still holding onto Teresa.

“Barbie and her friend’s don’t say ‘Yo Dawg’…” Louis explained like he was some kind of Barbie expert. Oh Louis…

“Oh, sorry.” Zayn sighed and sadly…I think he was quite serious.

“Hi Barbie! Let’s go see Ken! He’s soooo dreamy!” Zayn said in a high pitched voice. I shook my head and laughed, covering my mouth. These cuties were just too much to handle.

“Okay, super fun!” Louis exclaimed in full on Barbie mode.

“Wait! Is that Saliva?!” Zayn asked, still in Teresa mode.

“Saliva? Who’s Saliva?” Louis raised an eyebrow. What did Barbie’s have to do with the disgusting stuff in your mouth?

“You know…Saliva…Barbie’s little teenage sister?” Zayn bit his lip, hoping he was right.

“Uh…isn’ther name Skipper?” Louis asked like it was cool to know Barbie’s posse.

“Oh really? Oh, well, whatever. I don’t know!” Zayn was getting frustrated.

“Ugh, you’re so hopeless.” Louis rolled his eyes until Niall joined in.

“Hey guys! I’m Saliva!” He exclaimed as he shook a Skipper doll in Zayn’s face and laughed.

“Shut up!” Zayn yelled, smacking his Teresa doll into Niall’s Skipper doll. And then…Teresa’s head flew onto the floor. “You…You…YOU KILLED TERESA!” Zayn yelled as a sad look expressed on his face.

“Aw, poor Teresa…” Harry said in a fake saddened voice.

“Maybe we should have a moment of silence for her…” Liam suggested.

And I couldn’t believe it, but we actually sat there for a few moments as Zayn shoved Teresa’s head back on her body and set her in the vacation yacht in the Barbie display.

Image

“So, Lola…What is it you wanted to tell me about the missing students?” Steve asked as he sat behind his messy desk, waiting for Lola to go on and tell him what she knew.

“Well, I…I really shouldn’t be telling you this. They told me to be quiet or something very, VERY bad would happen to me…” Lola said dramatically.

“Uh, okay, can you please tell me?” Steve asked. He was beginning to think that Lola was just wasting his time and distracting him from actually finding out what was going on.

“I told them not to!” Lola cried in her fakest sadness.

“Told them not to what??” Steve asked, anxiously awaiting to hear what Lola had to say.

“I told them not to leave…” Lola sniffled like it really bothered her. The only thing that bothered her was the fact that she wasn’t invited.

“Leave…?” Steve asked, trying to register this in his head. “Lola? Where did they go?!” Steve’s eyes pleaded with urgency.

And Lola had him right where she wanted him…
♠ ♠ ♠
lol I had a lot of fun writing their Toys R Us adventures and it's not done yet! Chapter 10 has some more fun! lol Hope you liked this! Please leave comments/feedback.