The More Boys I Meet

Prologue

It was her one night out. Her first night out actually in a long, long time. She was nervous, but exhilarated.

It was nearing eleven when the club really started to heat up. She had just gotten off the dance floor, grinding with hot strangers who eyed her body like she was some sort of prize. Not that she would let them take her. No, she wasn’t like that. She was only a tease for that night.

“I’ll have what she’s having,” someone waltzed up to the bar, examining Ellie’s drink. “Doesn’t look too toxic.”

She couldn’t get a good look at him. It was dark, with only flashing lights to see by. “Some sort of fruity mixed drink. I don’t want to ruin your macho ego if you order this,” she was bold, brave, and drunk.

Despite not being able to see him clearly, she was able to see his baby faced grin, along with his perfect set of white teeth. “I’m Patrick.”

“Ellie.”

“Ellie,” he let the name roll off his tongue. “Wanna dance?”

And that was how Patrick Kane got Ellie Reese to sleep with him that night.

The next morning, she awoke first, blinking into the sun streaming in through his open windows. Were they open all night? God, she felt bad for the neighbors then.

“Where you going sunshine?” Pat was actually up and moving, already showered and getting dressed.

“I may not remember much from last night, but I do remember everything we did and that we agreed once was enough,” she let a small smile cross her lips.

The blonde hockey player laughed. “Yeah. After the first time, we were locked in a battle of name calling and playing tag around my house. We both figured we were better off as a one night stand never spoken of again. . .”

She barked out a laugh. “That’s how you are with every girl!”

He smiled his boyish smile again. “Yeah, but unlike every girl, I don’t end up calling her a dirty faced whore and then proceed to run from her as she chases me with a bottle of ketchup.”

She tried to hide the smile and laugh by coughing, but she couldn’t help herself. She ended up falling off the bed, she was shaking so hard.

Pat was laughing too. “I have to admit, I haven’t had that much fun in a while Ellie. Like innocent fun,” he sounded shy.

She was up and moving, stretching. “Me neither. I didn’t expect my spring break to be so eventful, I’ll tell you that. Sleeping with America’s slut and then becoming friends with him instead? Ha! It’s like my life is a comedy.”

He pushed her playfully. “I wasn’t expecting it either!”

She rolled her eyes. “So what now Mr. Patrick Kane?”

“I’ve got no idea actually. It’s been a while since I’ve actually had a girl for a friend. . .”

“Wanna go for a swim?” she shrugged her shoulders.

And that was how Patrick Kane and Ellie Reese became best friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
So. . . .another new story. . . because my Patrick Sharp is about two or three chapters from ending and well because this thought kept turning in my head so I wrote it and well started this little story soon-to-be-starring one of my favorite players: Marcus Kruger :)