The More Boys I Meet

Twenty Six

It was early August and I was enjoying my time at the beach while the guys had to work on some training thing. It was peaceful and warm and no one was throwing me in the lake.

That night I got home and Pat left me a message saying they were going to grab a bite to eat and that they’d be home late. I loved how it was ‘they’ instead of ‘he’.

I dropped my beach stuff right in front of the door and ran to the bottles of wine we kept in the cabinet.

“To use a glass. . . or not to use a glass. . .” I thought about it out loud and took a sip just to make sure I liked it. “Yup,” I sighed. “Not use a glass it is. One less dish I have to wash tomorrow morning,” I reasoned my choice.

I flipped on the television and Captain America was on and I didn’t think my life could be so perfect. Until I remembered about the pasta that was leftover from the night before.

I heated up the pasta, drank from the bottle and found Pat’s stash of candy hidden behind the gatorade.

Life was good.

PATRICK’S POV

I was walking up the steps to the house when I heard the music blasting and I checked my phone. It was one in the morning. . .

I opened the door and my mouth fell open. Ellie was dancing on the couches, singing along to some Taylor Swift song, a bottle of wine in her hand.

“Ellie?” I asked, turning down the music.

She whipped around and I knew there wasn’t much left in that wine bottle. She looked surprised to see me and smiled. “Hey there Pattycake!”

“Let’s get you down from there before you hurt yourself.”

She giggled. “Come dance with me!” And instead of me pulling her down from the couch, she pulled me up. Strong bitch, she was.

“Can I see that?” I asked, gesturing to the bottle.

She took another gulp and then handed me. . . .an empty wine bottle. “That was really good wine,” she said.

I only looked at the bottle. “What is wrong with you?!” I exclaimed. “You never drink a whole bottle of wine! What’s wrong?! Did Rachel call? Who pissed you off?!”

She only smiled at me. “I got to lay at the beach today! And I came home to eat pasta, drink wine, watch movies, dance, and HAVE FUN!”

“You’re totally toasted aren’t you?” I asked her.

She giggled at me again as her answer. “Noo!”

“Okay, come on,” I stepped down from the couch and slung her over my shoulder, her giggling the entire time. “Where is everyone?” she asked as I walked her up the stairs. It was a challenge though because she kept swinging her arms and legs and it was hard to see.

“Home Ells. Where else would they be?”

“We should start renting rooms,” she said thoughtfully. “Cause they all stay here so much!”

“It’s really just Marcus who stays overnight sometimes,” I reminded her.

“I can’t charge him,” she sighed.

“And why is that Ellie?” I asked, setting her on her bed. She fell back on her back and closed her eyes.

“Cause he’s really nice to sleep next to,” she answered and cuddled up to her pillow, before falling asleep.

I shook my head and walked downstairs to clean up the mess that drunk Ellie created. “What happened here?” Viktor stepped in over a few cushions before picking them up and throwing them on the couch.

I sighed. “Ellie decided to have a party of one tonight. And she’s going to wake up with a killer hangover tomorrow morning. She drank an entire bottle of wine Stally!”

He snorted. “Damn. Should have been here. Much more entertaining. Well here they are,” he picked up a pair of sandals. “My shoes.”

“Anything else you leave here?” I asked, and gasped. “She went into my candy stash!”

Viktor laughed and looked to see what candy wrappers were strewn around the counters. “Kit Kats and Hershey Bars? Damn, I would have broken into that stash too.”

I hung my head. “I hate best friends. They eat your candy.”

“Well I’d trade you if I could. Krugs is lame on nights like this. He’s already asleep.”

I had to laugh at that. “Do you think they’ll ever get together?” I asked, throwing the trash away.

“Who?” he asked, throwing the wine bottle away, shaking his head. “Krugs and Ells?”

I nodded.

He shrugged. “You never know. I mean, they became friends and well we’ve all seen them together. They’ll go forward when they’re both ready.”

“It already seems like they’re already like that,” I crossed my arms, leaning against the counter. “I mean they just act so in tune.”

He shrugged again. “Maybe eventually we’ll end up going to their wedding in a few years.”

“Maybe,” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sort of a filler chapter. . . but i found it amusing and entertaining to write...Ellie drunk like that. And I thought pattycake could use some attention :) thanks for reading guys!