The More Boys I Meet

Twenty Seven

“We have to bring up all of your shit to the fourth floor without the use of an elevator?” Marcus gave me a pointed look.

I shrugged and opened his trunk. “Pat picked the apartment and said that the gift of loneliness was my birthday gift.”

He rolled his eyes and picked up the first of many boxes. Since I was living by myself in an apartment for my senior year, I had bought stuff. I hadn’t been shopping since you know....when I left for college. . .and it was a nightmare

~~~
“Pat, this is not a good idea,” I warned him as he climbed into the driver seat, Tazer next to him and then me, Viktor, and Marcus crammed in the back.

“Nonsense Ellie. You’re living alone now. We need to get you furniture and stuff to actually fill your apartment.”

I sighed. “Considering you’re renting the apartment, I would have thought you read the description. It’s a studio apartment Pat. As in the bedroom, kitchen, and living room are the same room. The only other room I have there is the bathroom you know so I won’t need that much stuff.”

Viktor snorted. “You need stuff Ells,” he agreed with my house mate and I sighed in frustration. I hated shopping.

Five stores later and I had a ton more stuff than what I came home with and I somehow had to get it all up to Wisconsin.
~~~

It was our second trip up to Wisconsin, the first being last week bringing some of the bigger things like my bed and bookshelf. I had definitely acquired a lot of books over the years and they were crammed onto my desk back at home. Not anymore they weren’t.

“Oof,” Marcus picked up a box and glared at me. “This one is your book box,” he told me.

I gave him the thumbs up. “Well I’m glad you got that one. I’ll take these,” I pointed to some of the smaller boxes.

“I thought you keeping my shorts was payment for missing last year? I mean I don’t need to help,” he groaned as he started the trek up to my floor. Or well room.

I shrugged and followed. “Read the fine print my dear. And they volunteered you, remember that. I offered that Pat come up and help. But he bought the place so when he said you were going, I wasn’t going to complain.”

“Remind me to kill him when I get back home.”

I snorted. “Think of this as a work out. Part of your training before the season starts.”

He laughed.

“So stop whining like a little girl and keep carrying boxes!” I ordered around playfully.

“There better be some beer in one of those boxes,” was his response.

Two hours later all of my stuff was moved in and most everything was unpacked from the boxes. All except the alcohol.

“Here it is,” Marcus smiled, pulling out a beer. He saw my look and rolled his eyes at me. “Just one before I hit the road. I’ll drink it quick and leave in an hour, okay?” he appeased me and drank his beer quite quickly.

I however, wasn’t going anywhere and chose to drink more than one glass of wine before he left.

“It’s going to be lonely,” I sighed as we lounged on my couch. “No roommate, no people walking in and out of here. Well you guys anyways. I’m going to be scared at every noise!” I realized.

“Well then just call me,” he shrugged.

“Really? Even if it was like four in the morning?” I challenged him.

He shrugged. “If I pick up sure. If not, you’ll leave a message I’m sure and then proceed to call the next one down on your list.”

I had to laugh. “It’s like you know me or something.”

“And how many glasses of wine have you had?” he raised an eyebrow.

I smiled sheepishly. “Half the bottle.”

“Okay,” he stood me up. “I’m going to go, but first let’s get you into bed so I don’t have to worry about you.”

I was staring at his face. How golden his eyes were, how absolutely perfect his hair was. How everything about him was perfect. “Marcus?” I asked, still staring at him.

“Yes?” he looked perplexed.

And I kissed him. Right there in my new apartment, very tipsy from the half the bottle of wine I had. I pulled back confused as to why I did what I did. “Bye,” I said, slightly horrified at my actions. And then I walked into my bathroom and hoped he left by the time I was done staring at my terrified expression in the mirror.

Oh my God. What had I done?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all of the feedback!