The More Boys I Meet

Thirty Eight

I trusted two people with the sensitive information of my date and it was only so they could help me.

“What the fuck do I wear? Where is he taking me?” I asked, shaking Pat’s shoulders. “Tell me!”

“Stally!” he shouted for backup and Viktor moved me out of the way as Pat tried to regain balance.

“Let’s not scramble his eggs any more than they already are, yeah?” the Swede looked at me. “I know where he’s taking you. No I am not telling you. Yes, I already bought you a dress. Two actually as a just in case. You seem to be that kind of girl who would need a back up dress. And just be yourself. Except a little more civilized, yeah? You’ll be in public.”

“Let me see the dresses,” I demanded.

One was a little black dress and the other was a little red dress. I slid into the black one first. “You don’t think it’s too short?” I asked, coming out of my room, showing it off, an hour before Marcus was set to pick me up.

“No!” Viktor waved me off. “You look great. Go do yourself up and we’ll see you down here in an hour.”

I scoffed. “It will not take me an hour to get ready.”

I was not ready when Marcus walked in right on time. “Stall him,” I hissed to Pat as he came to check on me.

“No,” he drew out the word. “You said you didn’t need an hour to get ready. Not you and now I have to stall my own teammate while you decide which shade of lipstick to wear!”

I glared at him, holding three tubes. “It is a tough decision, especially if he tries to kiss me. . . OH MY GOD!” I whispered/yelled. “What if he tries to kiss me?!”

He rolled his eyes, pluck one tube out of my hands and applied it for me. “Then you kiss him back. Hell, maybe you even let him touch your boobs.”

My eyes widened. “On the first date?!”

He sighed. “You guys have basically been dating for like two summers. And we had sex on our first date.”

“That,” I pointed. “Was not a date. You were for fun.”

He pretended to look hurt. “Ouch. That kind of hurt.”

“Brush it off sweetheart. Do I look okay?” I asked, smoothing down the dress.

He smiled. “You look beautiful. Come on. I have to play father in this.”

“Then what does that make Viktor?” I asked.

He shrugged. “The crazy uncle?”

I walked down the stairs slowly and carefully, but when I did look up the Swede’s faces were priceless. Viktor whispered something to Marcus and I saw my date swiftly kick him in the shin.

“Should I be worried?” I whispered to Pat.

“Naw,” he waved it off. “When have you ever had to worry about us?” he asked.

I glared holes into his back, but smiled sweetly upon arriving in front of the guys. “Hi,” I waved. “So uh. . . off we go,” I said.

“Not so fast,” Pat said and I sighed. “Have her home by midnight,” he stared at Marcus who looked at me. “And no funny business.”

“I’m not sure how to respond to this,” Marcus said to me.

“You’re telling me.”

“Aw let them be kids,” Viktor pushed Pat away. “Send out a call if anything goes wrong. Have fun and bring her home before break ends, yeah? Goodbye!” he said and I was kicked out of my own house. Again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short chapter before the big date :)