The More Boys I Meet

Forty Four

“Ells! You got a haircut!” Pat wrapped his arms around me and spun me in the air once we got home, I showered, and changed into more suitable clothes.

“What?!” Marcus and Viktor stuck their heads around the fridge, their mouths filled with food.

I played with the short locks. “I kind of didn’t have a choice. Do you like it?” I asked.

“I love it,” Pat glared at the two inspecting my hair. “It looks beautiful.”

I waved the two away. “Thanks Pat.”

That night, I was getting ready to go for a run, because now that I started I couldn’t really stop.

“Anyone want to come?” I asked, stretching in front of the door.

Alice and Viktor were cuddling on the couch watching some kind of horror movie that I could barely see without throwing up. “No,” they said in unison.

“Well then,” I stuck out my tongue. “Marcus?!”

He jogged down the stairs, and running into the kitchen to grab the big bottle of water we always brought on runs. “Where’s Kaner?” he asked.

I smiled mischievously. “On a date!”

He snorted. “Finally. It’s about time.”

“Shut up!” Viktor said over his shoulder. “Movie.”

I placed my hands on my hips. “Who’s house is this?”

“Kaner’s,” he answered. “And mine, Krugs’, and your’s. And now Alice’s.”

I rolled my eyes. “Let’s go Marcus!”

~~~~~

It all happened in a few seconds. One second I was running next to Marcus, laughing at something he said, the next I’m on the ground, gasping in pain.

“Ellie!” he sounded far away.

I blinked a few times, the world slowly coming into place. I was on the ground, staring up at Marcus’ face. “Ow,” I managed because everything hurt.

“Oh my God Ellie. I called an ambulance. They’ll be here soon. Ells, you need to stay awake.”

I was slowly but surely coming to. I could tell where the pain was radiating from and I could turn my head to see what had hit me.

“A goddamn bike hit me?!” I was appalled.

“Don’t talk,” he urged me.

I sat up slowly, holding my head. “Marcus, I’m not fucking dying. I just got hit by a bike.”

He still looked horrified. “You hit your head pretty hard.”

I looked down at myself, assessing the damage. My knees were scraped up and bloody from hitting the pavement hard. My left leg and hip were on fire, where I was initially hit.

“Ellie!” he yelped as I struggled to stand up.

“Oh shut up,” I ground my teeth together. “I don’t need a fucking hospital.”

“You’re going,” he forced me back on my ass.

“Marcus,” my tone was sharp.

“I don’t care Ellie. You hit your head, and it looks like something could be wrong with your leg. You are going to the hospital.”

I sighed. Well it seemed that his shock wore off. “Marcus, I’m not overly fond of hospitals.”

His eyes bore into mine. “Is it because. . .”

“Yes,” I said, turning away.

He was about to say something but the ambulance arrived then. I told them repeatedly that I was not going to the hospital, but three against one doesn’t make it a fair fight.

They checked my head and deduced that I indeed did not have a concussion. I broke most of the fall with my lovely bloodied knees. As for my leg and hip, nothing was broken, but I would have some serious bruises that would hurt like a bitch.

And I talked the entire time I was forced to be there.

And I talked the entire ride home when Pat ditched his date to come pick us up since you know, we ran.

They let me talk though. Pat knew all about my distaste for hospitals and Marcus knew part of it. They understood.

Finally, I stopped talking once I reached my bed. I collapsed on it, wincing at the already forming bruises.

I felt my shoes being pried off and I was grateful that I had such a wonderful boy as my boyfriend.

“Thanks,” I muttered into the pillow.

“Do you want me to go?” his breath was warm against my neck.

“No,” I turned over slowly, pulling him down next to me, bringing our lips together. “Stay with me.”

He smiled through the kiss. “Of course I’ll stay with you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So hey guys. . . been a while yeah? SORRY my lovely readers. . . if I have any left. . .will try to update more and guys NHL HOCKEY IS BACK!