The More Boys I Meet

Forty Eight

“YOU’RE PREGNANT!” she screamed at me through the phone. “OH MY GOD NO WAY YOU BITCH!”

I pulled the phone away. “Can you bring a strong man and a stable car. Marcus passed out on me and I can’t drive. Sleep deprivation and all.”

“OH MY GOD VIKTOR YOU’LL NEVER GUESS HOW MUCH YOU OWE ME!”

“Wait! Alice you fucking made a bet on my sex life?” I shouted at her.

She ignored me. “OKAY SO WE’LL BE THERE IN LIKE FIVE MINUTES OH MY GOD!”

“Stop yelling!” I begged.

“SORRY!”

“I’m hanging up,” I said and poked Marcus with my phone. “Hey you. You with the face. You with the drool on your face.” Nothing.

I sighed. The more boys I met, the more I wanted to hit my head against a wall or something.

“Can I have a glass of water?” I asked the nurse and she returned with a tall glass of cold water. My favorite kind.

“HEY!” I threw the water on Marcus and the nurse’s mouth dropped. “Welcome back baby daddy. You just can’t check out whenever you hear unexpected news. Did you see me passing out? Nope. I do not think so.”

He glared at me, though I knew it was half assed. “It came as a surprise is all. I was expecting you to have some kind of weird flu or something.”

“You forgot the condom,” I raised an eyebrow.

His mouth dropped. “You said you were invincible!”

“And you believed me?!”

A pause. “No.”

I laughed. “I called Alice and Viktor. They’re coming to pick us up since I don’t trust you to drive us back.”

“We should find our own place,” he said suddenly, running his hand over his face to wipe off the rest of the water.

“So you’re in?” I raised an eyebrow.

He tossed me a look of disbelief. “Just because I passed out doesn’t mean I don’t want you or the baby. I don’t handle shock very well. . .”

I snorted. “Obviously. You’re lucky you weren’t standing. I so would have let you fall.”

He smiled, taking my hand in his. “You would have at least tried to catch me.”

I raised an eyebrow. “High hopes you had there.”

“More like medium hopes.”

I laughed and Viktor burst in the door. “Is it true or are you messing with us? Because I already called the entire team.”

I hit my palm to my forehead. “Seriously?!”

He nodded his head vigorously. “They’re throwing you a party.”

“When?” Marcus asked, standing up, pulling me off the table, but didn’t take his hands off my waist for a few extra seconds. He just stared at my stomach and there was something in his eyes. Something that made my heart clench a little. He was just so fixated by my stomach, like it was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. And I wasn’t even showing.

He shook his head, snapping himself out of it and looked at me with the exact same look. He didn’t even have to say anything. He just grinned and brought me close to him.

“Like right now,” Viktor was saying. “Pat is going fucking nuts.”

“Hey!” Marcus snapped his fingers. “Child in here. They are not getting your bad language. We say fudge from now on.”

I covered my mouth to keep from laughing.

“Holy fudge!” Alice bounced into the room. “Ahhh!” she shrieked and ran up to me and spun me around in a hug. “Pat is in tears. And getting rich.”

I gave her a stern look. “How many of you were betting on our sex life and what exactly was the bet?”

The other couple eyed each other. “You tell her. This is your bet. I’m just raking in the proceeds.”

Marcus punched him in the shoulder. “What the heck man?”

He shrugged. “Just betting on how long until you two got together. When your first time together would be. Marriage is still on the table. Baby time. Your own place together.”

My eyes widened. “Viktor that’s not just our sex lives! That’s our entire lives!”

“Pat and I got to talking and well the little fuc–fudger,” he emphasized his correction. “Won along with this here ball of energy,” he jerked a thumb at Alice, who was making a list of everything we would need.

I turned to Marcus who looked like a deer in the headlights. Probably similar to the expression I had on my face. “Well. . .are you ready?” I asked.

He nodded his head slowly. “Oh yeah. I’ve dealt with big guys who push me into walls, pucks to the face and other important body parts, and once a blade to the hand. I can handle anything.”

“I’m glad someone is prepared,” I whispered under my breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I sincerely apologize to anyone who has commented and I haven't responded. I always respond back to people and I don't know what happened. Mibba didn't inform me of my new comments and I'm just checking it now! So I am so sorry and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING TIME OUT OF YOUR DAY TO READ MY STORY AND COMMENT ON IT!