The More Boys I Meet

Forty Nine

March tenth rolled around, one week before I was due and I was about ready to rip someone’s head off. I was not a pleasant pregnant woman. In fact, I was quite the opposite. And I was so glad that this was almost over.

Marcus and I had finally moved in together, leaving Viktor and Pat with both houses to themselves. Not that it mattered since they were always over at our new place. We could never get rid of them.

At that moment I was walking around the baby’s nursery while Marcus and Pat were out running errands. Or well getting me pickles. Viktor and Corey were babysitting me unfortunately.

I say unfortunately because neither one of them was prepared for what happened next.

“Oomph,” I rubbed absently at my belly as the baby kicked a little. “Jesus kid, you know I love you, but you’re killing me here. Just saying.”

Just then, a sharp pain enveloped me and I doubled over from the pain. Once it had passed, I stood back breathing out slowly. I kept wandering around until another wave hit me.

“Jesus this isn’t happening,” I murmured.

Oh how the universe loved to prove me wrong.

I felt another contraction and something wet going down my legs. I looked down and I swore. “Sorry baby, but your timing. . .impeccable,” I said sarcastically, getting together my bag from our room.

“Where you going Ells?” Viktor asked, idly flipping through a Cosmo magazine. Don’t ask, he just liked reading them. Probably because Alice read them and he was trying to get ideas.

“Well I don’t know Viktor. Do you see the go bag in my hand?” I grunted out as another contraction hit me.

His entire body froze and his eyes widened. “Please tell me you are kidding right now.”

“Does this freaking look like I’m kidding you oversized oaf?!”

“We have a fudging game tonight!” he complained. “Can’t all this wait another day or so?!”

My murderous glare must have worked pretty well because he started yelling at Corey, who was outside talking to his girlfriend. He slid around the kitchen floor freaking out and I sighed. “Here,” I held out the keys. “Don’t tell me you forgot how to drive either too.”

“No, no! I got this!” he told me as both men ushered me into the car.

“You sure?” I asked Viktor, looking at Core for help.

The goaltender only shrugged. “If he says he’s got this, well let’s see where this takes us.”

I groaned and reached for my cell. “Marcus? Babe?” I asked once he had finally picked up the phone.

“We’ve got ten different kinds of pickles,” he answered immediately.

“Screw the pickles. Sweetie Viktor’s driving me to the hospital.”

It was quiet on the other end for a minute and I swore I thought he had passed out on me again. “Okay. Okay. We got this. We’re going to own this. Pat and I are running to the car now. We’ll be there in like ten minutes!”

“Hon. . . it’s a twenty five minute drive,” I said slowly.

“We’ll see you in ten,” he repeated and hung up on me.

“Well uh they’ll be there in ten minutes,” I said as another wave of pain washed over me and I forgot all about how long it would take them to get there.

I needed this baby out of me right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
so guys. . . seriously you're all so FREAKING AWESOME for even reading my story, nonetheless loving it. so now the bad news. . . .there is only going to be one more chapter after this and then an epilogue. . .