The More Boys I Meet

Fifty

Marcus and Pat did not beat us to the hospital. In fact, it was an hour after we got there and there was still no sign of either of them. I couldn’t afford to worry with a child on the way, but I made sure that Corey and Viktor worried the appropriate amount for me.

Corey had the duty of checking the entrances every ten seconds while Viktor manned the phone. . . and well me.

“Jesus Christ Viktor!” I snapped, groaning loudly, gripping my stomach. “Where is Marcus?!”

“If I knew,” he said through gritted teeth. “Don’t you think he’d be here already?”

“Don’t you give me sass you little shit,” I warned him.

“What happened to the no swearing?” he hissed as I gripped his hand with probably enough force to break it. Good thing he was tough.

Well supposedly. I squeezed harder and his legs buckled from the pain. “Do you really want to go there you little. . .”

I didn’t get a chance to finish because Corey strode into the room. “No sign of them just yet, but I’m sure they’re on the way.”

“Give me,” I ripped the phone away from Viktor and dialed Pat. I got voice mail after five rings. “Pat. You know who this is you little shit. Want to know where I am? Correct. The hospital. It’s been more than ten minutes you fucker and where the hell is my husband? If I have this baby without him I swear. . . oh I swear something bad will happen to you. I just can’t think of it due to the pain of HAVING A CHILD!”

Corey took the phone from me and hung up. “Well if that doesn’t get their attention then I don’t know what will,” he said simply.

My doctor came into the room. “Alright sweetie. It’s time to start pushing.”

“Oh you have got to be kidding me,” I let my head fall back onto the pillows.

“Are they staying or are they going?” she asked, looking at my hockey counterparts.

I looked at them, eyebrows raised. They looked between each other and I just knew they were conducting a mental game of rock, paper, scissors. I wondered who was mentally losing that one.

“Fine,” Viktor muttered. “Crow’s going to play lookout, the lucky bastard,” he muttered the last part under his breath.

“I’m not deaf you inconsiderate asshole,” I said.

“If only, if only,” he grunted.

“Is this going tog et in the way of our friendship?” I asked as another wave of pain overtook me.

He waited until after I was done crying out before answering. “Trust me sweetheart, I don’t think you abusing me for a few hours is going to destroy the bond we have.”

I barked out a laugh and squeezed his hand. “We do seem to have an indestructible bond, don’t we?”

“Oh,” he winced. “Indestructible, unlike my hand which is freaking breakable!” his voice rose with each word that came out of his mouth.

Through all of the pain and my shouts of terror I somehow heard footsteps, swearing, and Corey yelling.

“I’m here!” Marcus burst into the room.

My doctor raised an eyebrow at me.

“Where the hell have you been?” I asked, letting go of Viktor’s hand as he scrambled back to the wall.

Marcus laughed, breathing relatively hard. “Traffic.”

“Traffic?” I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Did you two really pull out a line from Losers?” Viktor snorted. “Yeah you got this buddy,” he patted Marcus on the shoulder before walking out with Corey.

“Where’s Pat?” I asked.

“Car broke down,” he said, running a hand through his hair. “I kind of ran all the way here.”

I smiled. “Dedication right there.”

He looked down at me and then my stomach. “Something to keep me from passing out halfway through.”

“Okay!” my doctor shouted. “This is it! Push!”

Thirty five minutes later a loud cry filled the room and I was exhausted. And I may have quite possibly broken Marcus’s ring finger.

“It’s a boy,” Marcus told me, holding the little bundle of joy. He handed him over to me and I was just amazed by him. “Look at him. Just look at him,” he cooed over the little miracle.

“He looks like you,” I whispered as the baby fell fast asleep in my arms.

“What is his name?” the doctor came up to us.

We looked at each other and we both smiled. “Damien Patrick,” I whispered.

“He’s so perfect,” Marcus kissed my forehead.

The more boys I met, the more I realized how much I was in love with Marcus Kruger.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you guys like it. thanks for the lovely comments :)