The More Boys I Meet

Epilogue

Damien had just turned two years old. He was a ball of energy and easily entertained. He loved music and taking naps. And he was starting to understand that his dad was super cool and was on television a lot.

“Daddy!” he shrieked as we watched the post interview with Marcus. “Daddy!’ he turned back to me, pointing wildly at the television.

“I know that’s Daddy!” I said in an enthusiastic voice. “Is Daddy going to be home soon?”

He shrieked so loudly he fell flat on his butt. He then started waving his arms wildly around as if that could take the place for words.

“You’re right buddy. You are going to be asleep by the time Dad is home, aren’t you? You better be mister,” I gave him a stern look.

He only laughed at me.

“All right, all right. Let’s go,” I scooped him up and brought him upstairs. Forty five minutes later he decided he was ready for bed.

So was I.

I wandered downstairs to finish up the dishes and wait up for Marcus. He should be getting back any minute. I recorded that interview and we watched it way after the game had ended. Bath time interfered with the game.

I finished the dishes in record time and sat down at the counter to flip through a hockey magazine.

I didn’t realize I fell asleep until I woke to jostling and I realized that Marcus was carrying me upstairs.

“Babe,” was my only protest.

He set me on the bed and before I could roll over, he was pulling off my jeans and socks before climbing into bed next to me. “Hey sweetheart,” he kissed my forehead softly. “Damien is still fast asleep.”

I nodded my head. “Good.”

“So uh. . .I had something I wanted to talk with you about, but it can wait till morning.”

My eyes fluttered open and I raised an eyebrow in his direction. “You’ve got my full attention.”

He looked nervous. Marcus didn’t get nervous easily anymore. “Give me a second, okay?”

I nodded and he got out of bed. I pushed myself onto my elbows to see what he possibly needed to do before we talked.

He jumped back on the bed, crawling over so that he was literally on top of me, staring down at me. “Ellie Reese,” he stated.

“Marcus Kruger,” I responded unsure of how else I should response.

He held out a small black box with a ring inside. “Marry me. Marry me tomorrow in a law office where we only need one witness and you don’t need a dress. Marry me in a year after we plan this elaborate wedding where we have two hundred guests. Marry me in a week, a month, six months. I don’t care. Just. . .will you marry me?”

My mouth was definitely hanging open and my eyes were blown wide as hockey pucks. “Yes,” I breathed out. “A thousand times yes.”

He grinned and attacked me with kisses. We were getting further than we had gone in the past two weeks and I was just slipping off my shirt when. . . .

I laid my head on his shoulder as Damien cried out. “That kid. . . .the worst timing ever. Seriously.”

“I got him,” Marcus reluctantly left the bed. I laid back down and listened to him soothe our son through the baby monitor.

“Hey buddy. What’re you crying about? Those better be tears of joy. You heard me ask Mommy to marry her, huh? I bet you that was what it was. Don’t look at me like that. I know you’re two years old. We’ll get married soon, I promise. You’ll only have to deal with one name for kindergarten. Though two names would be pretty cool, huh? Damien Patrick Kruger-Reese. Don’t worry buddy, I think there’s enough Reese in you as it is.”

I laughed to myself as he continued to talk our son to sleep. I was nodding off when he finally slipped back into bed and wrapped his arms around me. “Name the date,” he whispered.

“We should probably give the guys and Alice more than a week warning. A su,,er wedding maybe?” I yawned. “How does June sound?”

“A few months? Perfectly doable.”

I smiled and buried my face into his shirt. “I love you, you know that? But I have a question.”

“Mhm,” he hummed.

“Why are you asking me now?” I asked, turning over onto my side to face him.

He smiled. “You’re not the marrying type Ells. I knew that right off the bat.”

“I’m marrying you, aren’t I?”

“I love you too babe.”

The more boys I met, the more I was glad that I met this one out of all of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
guys!!! this is it :( this is the end of Ellie's adventures (well not really but the story ends here). I just wanted to thank you all again for being so supportive of this story especially since not everyone really recognizes Marcus Kruger as a player. Thank you all so much for the comments and recs and EVERYTHING. you guys are awesome :)