Everyone Wants Zacky

Chapter Four

Jimmy had spent the last half hour searching for his best friend; the 1st period bell rang about twenty minutes ago.

He had strayed about fifteen blocks away from where he originally began and he was about to backtrack and try the other direction when he caught a particular smell. Smoke.
Jimmy walked into a small family park. There was a circle of large enclosed shrubs and he could barely see gray smoke clouds emerging from the top and the scent of cigarettes was strong.

He stepped through the small opening and finally found him. Zacky was sitting near the rounded corner in the back. His legs were pulled to his chest, a cigarette in between his snake bitten lips, tears spilling down his cheeks in an angry torrent of emotions. He takes an especially long drag then blows the smoke out, his eyes rolling back in calming satisfaction. Jimmy walked over sitting next to his friend. His eyes traveled down to see a steadily growing pile of buds by his friend's foot.

"God damn Zee how many have you had?"

"On my twelfth."

He responded taking another harsh drag. He flicked at it before stubbing it out when the orange flame started to lick and smolder at the filter. He pulled out a red and white package of Marlboro's and sighed deeply, he only had three left. Zacky still plucked another one out of its carton and stuck it in between his plushy pink lips. Jimmy's hand automatically shot up and seized the cancer stick crushing it in his fist. He opened his hand and let the wind carry off the flecks of tobacco. Zacky's lips were parted making an 'o' shape of surprise and horror. He was no longer crying but his cheeks were glimmering as tears dried to his face.

"Dude! Why? Why would you break a Man's cigarette?"

"Because Zackary Baker smoking a cigarette by yourself is normal, smoking three or four by yourself is a bad day, but smoking twelve by yourself is fucking depressing. Beside's I'd like to see my friend breathing tomorrow."

"I have a right to be depressed," He mumbled wrapping his arms around his shins, hugging his legs impossibly closer. Jimmy smiled wanly placing a reassuring arm around the smaller's shoulders. Zacky could feel a knot develop in his throat and before he knew it he burst into a fresh bout of tears burying his face in Jimmy's chest.

"Sssshhhh," Jimmy cooed.

"I-I don't understand! W-W-Why would t-t-th-they that t-to me?"

"Do what Zacky?" He asked trying to coax and answer from the crying boy.

"They're m-making fun of m-me! Why else w-w-would they ask m-me out?"

"What do you mean?"

"Look at me…L-Look at them…It's a j*hic*joke."

"Zachary James Baker are you implying you're not good enough?"

"I'm n-not…" He whispered.

"Zacky…Zee do you honestly believe that?"

Zacky turned his head sideways refusing to look at Jimmy. The taller moved so Zacky was sitting in his lap as he hugged him from behind.

"Zack look at me."

"…"

"Zack."

"…"

"Zachary!"

"…"

Jimmy turned Zacky around so the smaller was straddling him. Zacky bit his lip but kept his gaze firmly on the ground or anything that didn't resemble the other. Jimmy clamped his hand on Zacky's jaw and forced him to make eye contact. Green orbs huge with sorrow and glimmering with unshed tears.

"You are amazing! I don't normally say that to anyone but you are amazing! You're such a good friend and don't ever think badly about yourself because it's all bullshit!"
"I'm nothing special."

"Bullshit. Zack you're special to me! You're obviously special to the other three! You're special to your dad!"

"Ha! My dad could give two shits about me! And as for the others…if I were so special they wouldn't treat me like I'm a prize to be won."

"But you are a prize Zack, you are!"

"Look Jimmy. Can 't I just smoke my last two cigarettes and wallow in self pity like a prepubescent fan girl?"

"Look Zee I can tell you want to be alone. So I'll give you your space and I'll see you later," Jimmy replied calmly. He put Zacky back in his original position before he stood up and stalking off towards the exit.

"Bye Zacky."

"Bye…Thanks Jim," He whispered the last part not wanting Jimmy to hear but he did.

Lunch rolled around when Jimmy got back to school. He had spent his time walking to a gas station three miles away to buy a pack of Marlboro's. Not for him but for when Zack runs out and becomes desperate enough to ask strangers. He made his way into the cafeteria and of course they weren't sitting together. Johnny was sitting with Gerard, Frank, Mikey, and Ray, the emo clan. Matt was with Patrick, Pete, Joe, and Andy, the stoners. And last but not least Brian was sitting with Brendon, Ryan, Spencer, and Jon the musically inclined chauvinists. Jimmy sighed before he sat at his now empty table, he was not going to choose friends the only one he was choosing at this point was Zack.

All three left their groups momentarily and walked up to Jimmy completely ignoring the other two.

"So where's Zacky?" Matt asked.

"Let me tell you something," Jimmy began, "I have seen Zee cry once in my entire time of knowing him and today I witnessed him crying three different times!"

"What'd we do?" Johnny asked repeating his earlier question.

"You guys can't figure it out? Well Zack is super insecure and self conscious and he for some reason regards you guys as good looking with great personalities. So he thinks that you guys are playing a cruel prank on him because guys like you would never like a guy like him. So congratulations for making him feel like shit," Jimmy growled.

The other three quickly retreated back to the tables they were sitting at.

Zacky finished his last cigarette about five minutes ago and his body was already trembling with want and need to feed his addiction. He felt himself getting more and more irritated with every passing moment and he hated it he hated himself and it was probably safe to say this is what it felt like to be PMSing.

After another five minutes he was driving himself fucking insane. He felt around his pockets for his wallet and when he couldn't feel the familiar bulge he suddenly groaned feeling idiotic and humiliated. He left it on his nightstand.

Zacky then sat up with a brilliant idea. His dad worked until late so all he'd have to do is retrieve his wallet grab about ten dollars, fucking run to the gas station and buy two packs this time! Because honestly one pack would get him through the end of the school day but two would get him through the next twenty-four hours. He got to his feet determination coursing through his veins.

He practically ran the entire way too excited, hyper, and needy to slow down. He slammed his front door open chest heaving his breath trying to catch up with him by coming in short pants. He looked up and his eyes went to an unholy size.

"What the fuck!"

Zacky cried in horror.
♠ ♠ ♠
More bands! I have Panic! so there will be slight Rydon and Joncer. MCR so Frerard and Rikey and last but not least I have FOB so Petrick and Jandy. Anyways read and............

CLIFFHANGER! >:D

Oh and one other thing THIS STORY IS 26 CHAPTERS LONG AND THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL