All Together Now!

Chapter I. Lazy Beginings

No birds chirping, no wind blowing through the hall. This was a solid hunk of scientific genius. It was one of many deep space colonies made by various countries where Humans could live after the great warp that happened near old Earths Sun and distorted the space, making it unlivable.
Luckily enough, I wasn't born until the first years of the space colonies, so I didn't have to deal with the constant worry of whether or not the world would hold up just one more day. No, my days were far after that. Though I was still lucky, my grandmother was one of the last people brought on board the last ship leaving Earth.
A lot of people were left to die that day, but had the ships waited even ten more minutes it might have been too late, and even more would have died. Sacrifice is needed for mass survival, or at least survival in general. Honestly, these Colonies aren't bad. I mean they're pretty comfy, when you get time off of whatever job you got put to. Me? I'm with Security. I manage Sectors 7-13 on a daily basis, and it doesn't leave much room for napping. Which is why I sometimes skip out on my job and catch a few Z's while I can.

Intercom: "Nickolas L. to the space deck, Nickolas L. to the space deck."

Sighing, Nickolas stood up from a bench that previously he had been laying on quite comfortably. Throwing his arms in the air he allowed himself to groan lazily while he stretched. The call was from Leixia, one of the Secretaries in the main bridge. If she was calling for him that meant something to do with his job. It might just be more AC training, or it might be a lecture about skipping out on his duties. Whatever the case, he walked calmly toward the elevator all the while mentally dozing off.
Just as he turned the corner, he bumped into something that made a scream and a thump, shooting papers everywhere. As his mind snapped back to reality he looked down and saw a young woman. When his eyes settled more his brain fired up and he realized who it was, and immediately started to clean up the papers.

"Oh crap! I'm sorry Terra. I didn't even pay attention when I came around that corner, damn. You okay? Your not hurt are you?"

Terra smiled up at the man, fixing the large goggles on her head. His face conveyed every emotion he tried to keep hidden from the public, and she knew hers probably did the same whenever she saw him. They both had a crush on the other, but would never speak it out loud. Nickolas was far too prideful a man to break down and say it, and Terra was a shy and timid girl, so much so that the only person she actually spoke to was none other than Nickolas.
Finally grabbing up all the loose papers Nickolas handed them back to the timid hands of the girl with a wide smile on his face. She shied away but had a smile all her own playing on her lips. Her hair was usually kept straight in the front and the back pulled to a ponytail. Her bangs reached around midway down her neck and often kept the world from seeing her soft amber eyes that looked as deep as space itself.

"T-thanks. So um, Leixia called for you? Are you heading there now?"

Nickolas rubbed the back of his head while he held out his other hand to help the girl up from the ground. As she took his hand she was lifted up quite easily and brought to her feet quickly, but smoothly. Her hands brushed back a few strands of loose hair, pushing it behind her ear so that her left eye was fully visible while she stared at him, taking in all his features. A solid chin, muscles that looked as if they were cut from marble showing through the tight tank top, and his short, nearly bald cut that made him look scary and tough to most. She stared so long that she missed what he actually said, and was surprised when he was starring at her with a worried and questioning look. Suddenly she realized that she was laughing nervously and blushed, looking for an excuse to use until she felt his hand on top of her head. Her heart stopped, and the blood in her veins turned to ice. He was touching her, and she couldn't bring herself to look at him for fear her heart might explode out of her chest.

"Hey..This might sound crazy, but I need you to come with me. You doing anything important right now?"

Shaking her head she only looked at him as if wondering if there would be more explaining. They had never really hung out together, certainly not enough for him to want to be so forward. But suddenly she jumped when his hand slid into hers and he took her off down the hall. All that ran through her mind was how perfectly their hands fit together, and how much she wanted never to let it go.
After a few halls and corridors she started actually wondering where they were going. But right before she could open her mouth to ask he stopped and punched in a code to a door. Only then did she look up and see that they were in the living quarters and that this was in fact his door. They were going into his room, all alone. And before her mind went into a tizzy she was already through the door, where it promptly closed shut, and his arm was around her waist while the other which had been in her hand, now coiled around her fingers. He was so close, so close that she could feel his breath on her face, and she loved it.
Nickolas pushed her up to the door, which was locked by a passcode that wouldn't let anyone but him enter. He drew in closer, bringing his arm up and, using his finger tips, lightly brushed the girls hair away from her right eye which had been hiding from view by her medium brown hair. His fingers left a wake of tingling behind as they crossed her cheek and then cupped it very gently, very lovingly. Her heart was fluttering so rapidly she feared she might faint, she couldn't even speak because her mouth refused to work, her brain almost couldn't comprehend this moment even as it was happening right in front of her. To her even.

"Listen, Terra..I've had the biggest crush on you since we went to the same grade school. I don't quite care what the General does to me after this, but I just had to tell you how I felt. And I've seen how you look at me, I know because I look at you the same way. I can't hold myself back from doing this any longer, so forgive me later."

Before she could even retort his lips were already pushing against hers. His eyes had closed, and the darkness of the room made it slightly more romantic. She quickly melted away into the kiss, sliding her free hand up and against his chest. Not pushing, more like resting against it so she knew he was real and that this wasn't just another dream.
His stubble from a few days of not shaving tickled her mouth, but made it so much more real to her. She could finally -feel- the sculpted muscles he hid under his shirt, smell the smokey scent he had around him from smoking a few cigarettes here and there, she could even feel his heart as it beat just as wildly as hers was.
The kiss seemed to last for years as neither of them moved unless to get closer to one another, but as he pulled away she found herself begging to feel his lips again and thinking it was far too soon to stop. It had finally gotten this far, and she certainly didn't want it to stop here. What she didn't expect was for him to pick her up in his arms and carry her over to the single-wide bed against the corner of two walls and set her down while laying over top of her. Her hair fell to the sides as she reached up and initiated the kiss this time, his hands finding their way underneath her and caressing her back. His fingertips running along the length of her back as they rolled around and ended up with Nickolas on the bottom and Terra laying against his body.
All too soon again she found herself in need of his lips, though the look in his eyes sobered her enough to simply find joy in laying her head on his tight chest. Nickolas never realized how soft and soothing Terra's voice was until she asked him what he was thinking about. At that moment his mind snapped back to reality, and he remembered what he had been doing. His eyes shifted down to her, starring and getting lost in those deep pools of amber. There was just enough ambient light in the room to be able to seem them just perfectly. His smile came back to his came back to his face and his hand rubbed up and down her back. Only then did he realize how tiny she was. His hand was large sitting against her back, he knew she came to about 5'5 but he had never been this close to be able to really see the size difference.

"They might be shipping me off to fight in the war later this year.."

His voice came out stern, but you could still hear the worry in it when you listened as closely as she did. Her head shot up, and she was nearly in tears already. They couldn't be serious, not now when she just got to enjoy the best few minutes of her miserable life. Not when she finally got to fulfill one of her dreams.

"N-no! You can't! They can't! You'll be killed, no matter how good a pilot you are they keep pushing our military back and if you go out there you'll...You'll...I can't lose you, not when I just got you..Please.."

At this point the tears streamed from her eyes and she could hardly continue her protest. Her heart had sunken deeper than it ever had before and she had to hold back unless she wanted to drown him in tears. Sniffling, she reached up to wipe her eyes but was cut off when his hand beat her to it, gently using the side of his finger to wipe away the tears that filled her eyes to the brim. He had to admit it to himself, she was downright adorable when she was crying, but at the same time seeing her cry made him want to hit something.

"Don't worry, I'm sure the General wont allow me to go when I don't have the proper training. And they wont send me off to the camp without proper permission. I'll just talk to the General and let him know that I wont do it. It'll be alright, I promise."

Somehow his words seemed so solid. Like he actually knew everything would be just fine even when she couldn't see how. It made her lighten a little, and a small smile crept to her lips before she buried her face in his chest, kicking her feet on the bed softly. His hands gently caressed her sides, running his fingers up and down her torso, toned from the physical fitness training she was undergoing. It calmed her down some, but she still had a drop of doubt in her mind that pulsed with every passing thought. She just prayed that he was right and that everything would be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Unfinished. Adding more soon.