Status: INDEFINITE HIATUS

Smash Into Me

fast lane, and make me go

“Small LOVE shirt, please?” A small brunette asked Kayleigh. Kayleigh got up from her foldable lawn chair, nodding. She pulled a small, white shirt with the word LOVE in grey letters printed on the front from a bin. She handed it to the small girl, who handed her a twenty. “Thanks.”

“No, thank you,” Kayleigh smiled as the girl slipped two dollars into her tip jar. It was only one in the afternoon and she had estimated about twenty people so far had slipped over fifty dollars into her tip jar.

She grabbed the tip jar, turning it around so she could read the front. She wrote $$$ for boob job!!! the night before while she was drunk. Giggling to herself, she turned it back around. A guy sauntered up to the table, eyes reading the tip jar. His eyes floated up to the girl’s chest. He pulled out a five and slipped it into the jar, winking.

She saluted him, laughing loudly. She loved Warped and all the creeps it brought out. She often found herself being hit on by teenage boys, but the occasional older guy rolled through, hoping he’d be able to get with the beautiful tattooed girl. She always shot them down. She was never one for hooking up. She thought it was seriously trashy.

Josh Franceschi walked through the grounds, trying to find the Kevin Says stage. His bandmates had left him on the bus while he was putting his things away. By the way they were acting, he felt like this was going to be a horrible month.

His eyes scanned the sea of tents, hoping to find someone that looked like they could help him find that damn stage. His eyes landed on a certain tattooed girl sitting down behind the VersaEmerge table, reading the latest issue of AP. Her TOMS covered feet were propped on to the table.

Josh found the girl mesmerizing. He didn’t usually find girls with tattoos and plugs and that entire sort of thing attractive, but on this particular girl, it was oddly attractive. The fact that she shot him down earlier, too, just made him want to talk to her even more. He loved the chase.

He walked to the table, ready to be shot down once again by the girl.

“What can I get you, bro?” She set down the magazine, thinking he was just another fan wanting to buy merch. Her eyes met his and a smirk grew on her face. British blue-eyed boy was back. “Ah, it’s you.”

Josh chuckled at her comment. His fingers traced the random smiley face drawn on the table. He glanced at the tip jar, picking it up so he could read it better. “Really? Boob job?” He laughed, setting the tip jar back down. He couldn’t help as his eyes made their way to her chest. He thought she didn’t need a boob job. Her chest looked perfectly sized, to him, anyways.

Kayleigh noticed he was looking. She laughed and folded her arms across her chest to make him stop. “Are you stalking me?”

“I know it seems like I am, but I swear, I’m not,” He defended himself, chuckling a bit. Kayleigh laughed, removing her arms from her chest. She plopped back down in her lawn chair, kicking her feet back up on the table. “I need your help, though.”

“What do you need?” She asked, knitting her eyebrows together. Kayleigh didn’t know if this guy was a fan or in a band/crew. She had never seen him around on the tour before this morning, so she was confused. Kayleigh knew everyone on the tour and everyone knew Kayleigh. She was a well-liked girl on the tour.

“Where is the Kevin Says stage? The arseholes I call my band mates completely left me behind on the bus. I’ve no idea where I’m going,” Josh explained, killing the fears Kayleigh had of him being a fan wanting to get backstage.

“Well, shit, why didn’t you start with that one…Josh, was it?” She laughed, springing up from her chair. Josh watched the girl as she called out to someone in the next tent, telling them that she would be taking him to the Kevin Says stage. She hopped over the table, surprising Josh. She let out a loud laugh. Josh liked her laugh. A lot. He thought it was very cute, suiting the girl perfectly. “You got your pass?” She asked, snapping him out of his stare at her.

“Uh, yeah,” He nodded, tugging the pass out from his shirt. He didn’t see a pass anywhere on her. “Do you have one?”

“Right here,” She said, pulling up her shirt a bit. The pass was clipped to her pants. Her shirt just hid it.

Josh noticed her exposed skin. He bit his lip as thoughts of that skin on his flooded his mind. He wanted the girl walking to the left of him. Something about her just made him desperately want her.

“So, what band you in?” Kayleigh asked, breaking the silence that surrounded the two of them. She glanced up at the taller boy, noticing the side of his head been shaved. She found a new level of respect for the boy next to her. Hair like that was badass.

“You Me At Six,” He replied in that thick British accent that made Kayleigh giggle. She loved accents.

Then she suddenly realized that that was the name of the band Mike had been mentioning for the past week. So this was one of the kids that were invading her home on wheels. “You’re one of the assholes taking over the Versa bus.”

Josh was taken aback by that comment. She just called him an asshole. He didn’t do anything to her, did he?

“Wait, did you say Versa bus? You’re on the VersaEmerge bus?” He asked. He would be sharing a bus with this Kayleigh girl. He became excited over the thought of sharing the same bus with the girl. He’d see her every day.

“Bus fifty-three,” They both said the same time. They looked at each other, blue eyes meeting blue eyes. They broke into laughter.

“Just so you know, because of you, Sierra and I are forced to share a bunk,” Kayleigh said, shaking her head. She couldn’t believe this was one of the guys she’d be sharing a bus with. It’s like fate had brought them together. Kayleigh chuckled at that thought of fate bringing them together. That was a silly thought, wasn’t it?

“How is that my fault?” Josh laughed. “It’s not like I made you give up your bunk for me.”

“Technically, you did. Mike made me give up my bunk so one of you fuckers could have it,” Kayleigh said, letting her frustration out on the poor boy that did absolutely nothing to her. “I hate you.”

“Love, it is impossible to hate me,” Josh smirked, making the small brunette laugh.

“We’ll see about that one, Josh,” She said, matching the smirk on his face. They reached the Kevin Says stage, flashing their passes to get behind the fence. “Have fun.”

“You’re leaving?” Josh asked, crumpling his eyebrows together. He didn’t want Kayleigh to leave. He didn’t want to be stuck with the pricks he called his band mates. He wanted to rub the fact that he made a new, beautiful friend while they didn’t in their faces.

“I have to get back to my job,” She shrugged, running a hand through her hair. Truthfully, Kayleigh didn’t want to leave Josh. Even though she said she hated him, there was no way in hell she could. He was cute and funny. She liked that in a guy. She could see herself becoming very close with this British boy. “Mike will kill me if I’m gone for a long period of time.”

“Fuck Mike,” Josh laughed, wrapping an arm around the girl’s shoulders.

She removed his arm from her shoulders, sighing, “Really, I’ve got to go. Come hang at the tent after you’re done?” He gave a small pout, making her laugh. “See ya, Josh.”

Josh watched as Kayleigh walked away. It wasn’t even like she was walking. It was like she floated. Her steps were so soft. He couldn’t help but to stare.

Someone smacked Josh on the back, startling him. He turned around swiftly only to be met with the smirk of a certain little guitarist with a cigarette hanging from his lips. Max removed the cigarette from his lips as he looked to where Josh had been staring, “Who was that girl, mate?”

Josh rolled his eyes, walking off to the stage. Max followed, running to catch up. “Come on, mate, just tell me!” He shouted, drawing the attention of the roadies and other band mates.

“Look who finally decided to show,” Matt commented. That earned a smack to the side of the head from Josh.

“You pricks left me on the bus,” Josh shot back. First day of tour and the fights were already starting. This was definitely going to be a long month for the You Me At Six boys.

“Who was that girl!?” Max groaned, stepping in between Matt and Josh. Max had the best intentions when asking that question. He wanted to know because he saw that hungry look in Josh's eyes. Josh had a girlfriend. Max was looking out for everyone.

“Her name is Kayleigh,” Josh said with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit!

Another short one, I know, I know.

But chapter 3 isn't short! I'll post it Friday night if I get enough feedback. Seriously.

Thoughts!? x.