Status: INDEFINITE HIATUS

Smash Into Me

i'm trouble, but you can't resist me

Josh sat behind the merch table, eating the lunch he had gotten from catering. He was spending his day at the merch tent.

The reason? VersaEmerge's tent was right next to You Me At Six's.

Little did Josh or Kayleigh know, but Rob and Mike made sure the two tents were next to each other.

Everyone wanted the two to end up together. Fuck looking out for Josh and Hanna. Everyone had given up on the couple. They always fought and sucked the life right out of each other. Josh needed someone fun like Kayleigh.

Kayleigh ripped off a piece of paper from her sketchpad and crumpled it up. When Josh wasn't looking, she chucked the ball of paper at the back of his head.

Josh immediately turned around, holding back his smile, "Did you just throw something at me?"

"No," She replied, also holding back her smile. The two stared each other down, silently testing each other to see which would smile first. Josh lost, the smile spreading right across his face. Kayleigh raised her arms above her head, "Victory is mine!"

"You're such a loser," Josh laughed, going back to his lunch.

"Hey!" She laughed, throwing another paper ball at his head.

"Stop that!" He said as he turned around.

Kayleigh smirked, throwing another paper ball. It hit him right on the nose. She burst into laughter, falling back in her chair.

Josh glared at her. He grabbed a handful of his fries from the styrofoam container and stood up, going over to the VE tent. He pulled open her shirt, shoving the fries right down there.

Kayleigh gasped, staring down at the fries in her shirt with an open mouth. Kayleigh then looked up at Josh. He had a wide grin on his face. He was clearly pleased with himself.

She stood and lunged forward, tackling him to the hard ground.

Kayleigh sat on him, pulling the fries out of her shirt and sprinkling them on to him.

"Dammit, Kayleigh," Josh laughed as he laid underneath the girl. He didn't mind this closeness. He loved it.

Suddenly, his hands gripped her waist. She screamed as Josh flipped them. He was now on top.

The fries had fallen to the ground, but they couldn’t care less. It had become more than just dumping fries on each other. Feelings had taken over now, daring them both to make a move and just kiss.

Kayleigh stared up at Josh, losing her breath. Just the way he was touching her took Kayleigh's breath away.

She wanted more.

A cough ripped the two's stares away from each other. Their heads snapped up to see a couple of fans standing at the YMAS table.

Josh cleared his throat, getting up from the ground. He pulled Kayleigh up with him.

She dusted herself off and went back to her table, settling nicely into her chair. Kayleigh watched Josh with a smile as he talked with the fans.

She definitely wanted him.

*

Josh sat on the bus, mindlessly flipping through the channels on the TV. His mind wasn't there. His mind was on what happened between him and Kayleigh a day ago.

He could've sworn he felt a spark when he touched her. And the way she looked at him...it was like she wanted him to kiss her.

After the little incident, Jerry and Devin magically showed up and gave Kayleigh the rest of the day off to do as she pleased, which for her meant, to take pictures.

Josh spent his day at the tent, on the stage, the back at the bus, avoiding his band mates at all costs.

You Me At Six was falling apart. No one really talked to each other anymore. The only words he said to his band mates in the past two days were "good luck, lads" right before they went on.

Josh was pissed at them for some reason. He felt like it was him against them and he didn't like it.

"Can you pick one channel and leave it there?" Anthony asked, getting fed up with the constantly changing channels.

Josh snapped out of his thoughts of Kayleigh and looked over at Anthony. "Sorry, man," He muttered, handing him the remote. He got up from the couch and left the bus.

Kayleigh was given the day off by Mike. She was going to spend it how she spent the rest of her day yesterday – taking pictures.

Photography was Kayleigh’s one true love. She constantly wished it was her job. But, since her job was merch girl for her best friend’s band, photography was put on the backburner. She was going to go to school in the fall, though, for it. She had plans to attend a nice art school.

Kayleigh stood in the photo pit, shooting The White Tie Affair. She felt peace when she was shooting. It was like nothing in the world existed except for her, her camera, and the band in front of her.

The White Tie Affair’s set ended and so did Kayleigh’s peace. The moment she removed her camera from in front of her face, the world came back. Screaming fans behind her made her go deaf. She cursed under her breath, leaving the pit.

She walked through the main grounds, her camera hanging from her neck. She needed a new band to shoot, but she didn’t know who.

Josh spotted Kayleigh, standing by the Skullcandy stage with her camera around her neck. She was standing there in the photo pit, waiting for Attack Attack! to come on stage.

Josh smiled and made his way over there, showing his pass to the guards to let him in the photo pit. Josh snuck up behind Kayleigh, resting his head on her shoulder. Kayleigh gasped and jumped, making Josh laugh.

She turned around and smacked his chest, laughing lightly, “You ass! You gave me a heart attack!”

Josh laughed, wrapping his arms around her, pulling her close to his chest for a bone-crushing hug, “Sorry, love.”

“What are you doing here?” She asked as he let her go. She pushed the hair back from her face, tucking some behind her ear.

“I’m bored,” He shrugged, resting his arm on her shoulder. He looked down at her, smiling, “Today’s your day off, yeah?”

“Technically, it is, I guess,” She nodded.

“Do you wanna go somewhere?” He asked. Asking that took all the confidence Josh had in him. That was his way of asking Kayleigh out on a date.

Kayleigh smiled and looked down at the dirt ground. She kicked the dirt lightly. She knew this was Josh asking her out. She was actually glad he finally got the balls to do it.

When Kayleigh looked back up at Josh, she was met with a hopeful stare. How could she say no to that? “Of course, Josh. Where shall we go?” She asked, leaving the photo pit with him right by her side.

Josh had the biggest smile on his face as he walked next to Kayleigh. He honestly hadn’t thought she’d say yes. He had prepared for the worst.

“I honestly don’t know. Lunch and the mall down the street?”

“Boring,” She replied, shaking her head at his half-assed plan. Josh stared down at the girl, not believing what he just heard. Boring? “Let’s do something fun.”

“Like what?”

Kayleigh stopped walking, pondering for a moment. She tapped her chin as she thought. “There’s fucking nothing to do in Kansas,” She said after a moment, making Josh laugh.

“Suddenly my plans sound good, yeah?” He looked down at her with a smirk.

She returned the smirk, mocking him, “Yeah…no. I’ll figure out something to do.”

“Oh, come on,” Josh laughed, not believing her. Figuring out something to do would take time. Time he didn’t want to waste.

Josh wanted Kayleigh badly. He knew he only had twenty-two days left with her until he went back to the UK, back to his girlfriend, Hanna. He wanted to make the most of those twenty-two days.

Hanna had called Josh every day. They always exchanged “I miss you”s and “I love you”s. But Josh’s mind and heart weren’t in them. His mind was always on Kayleigh. He knew Kayleigh was trouble. He just couldn’t resist her.

Kayleigh smirked, walking off to the buses, leaving Josh standing there.

*

Kayleigh and Josh never did go out alone. They did go out to the Warped dinner at Denny’s though. They sat across from each other and kept smiling and flirting.

They were en route now to Idaho where they’d spend three days off. It was a break Kayleigh desperately needed. Hell, it was a break everyone on Warped needed. Waking up with a raging hangover, spending hours and hours in the sun and heat, and not showering really made their days difficult.

Everyone on bus fifty-three was drinking. They had a day off tomorrow so they were going to party.

The music was loud, everyone was louder, singing along to Poker Face. Everyone was drunk and it was fantastic.

Kayleigh was sat next to Josh. They were screaming the words at each other, huge grins on their faces. No one else around them existed. It was just them two in their own little world.

Josh ignored the vibrating phone in his pocket. He didn’t want to talk to Hanna. He knew it was her, and he knew she’d want to tell him about how she couldn’t sleep without him there. It was like five in the morning over in the UK, midnight in the US.

“How much you wanna bet when we get to the hotel, they shag?” Max said to Matt, watching as Josh and Kayleigh laughed when the song ended. Kayleigh buried her head in Josh’s shoulder, smiling like an idiot.

“Got a twenty that says they do it in the back before we even get to the hotel,” Devin jumped into the conversation, taking a sip of his beer.

Kayleigh and Josh were completely oblivious to the conversation going on in front of them. They were still in their own world, wrapped up in each other.

"So, we never did go anywhere," Kayleigh laughed before taking a sip from her red solo cup. “But! There is a pool at this hotel. Let's fucking go swimming!"

Josh's eyes lit up. Kayleigh wanted to go swimming. Which meant she'd be in a bathing suit. Josh would be able to see more of her.

"Sound fun?"

Josh nodded a little too excitedly. He couldn't wait to get to the hotel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit.

Ugh, so as most of you know, Mibba had a breakdown and lost everything posted/done after April 5th. Which is why I am posting this again. I lost comments/subscribers/readers. It's upsetting, but what can you do?

Chapter 6 will be up Wednesday as planned. Please recomment, reread, and resubscribe.

Leave me your thoughts.

x.