Jealous Minds Think Alike

Bite my lip and close my eyes take me away to paradise

It was silent, except for the occasional pop of my tastless bubblegum. The buildings flew by fast and i payed little attention as i scrolled through the songs on my ipod.

"You can't ignore me forever" my mom said from the drivers seat.

I could try though.

We were currently in Albuquerque about 25 hours away from Chicago and only 3 hours until we end up in Scottsdale, Arizona. My new home.
See my mom was a weird person, she does whatever pops into her mind like the idea of moving all the way from Chicago to a small town in the desert.

"Come on Finn, i'll buy you some ice-cream, Dr pepper? Oh how about a car"

"No, bribery won't work" i mumbled not looking in her direction and drifting off to sleep.

"Finn, I stopped for gas, we're finally in Scottsdale only 5 more minutes" she said shaking me awake and smiling excitedly, she shut the door heading into the station.

I stood outside the car and stretched, i felt a pair of eyes on me and i turned around and saw this funny looking guy with light brown hair and his friend with black hair staring at me while walking into Taco Bell, i raised my eyebrow at him and in return he awkwardly looked around scratching the back of his neck and followed his friend.

I walked into the Taco Bell which was next door to the gas station and got some food. As i was in line i noticed the same guy with his weird friend with black hair sitting down staring again while eating his burrito. I grabbed my food and walked up to the two guys.

"Hi, um is there something on my face?" i asked him, close up he was actually really good looking. I suddenly felt stupid and awkward.

"Uh... um-" he mumbled a faint red blush creeping up on his neck

"I am terribly sorry for my friend here, can't seem to keep his eyes of pretty girls" said the guy with light brown hair. "I'm Kennedy and this creep here is Stephen, take a seat" he mentioned to the chair across from the two and smiled warmly at me.

"I'm Finn nice to meet you two" I smiled back sitting down.

"So are you new? I haven't seen you around before" said Kennedy taking a sip of his coke.

"Yeah i just moved here from Chicago and when i mean just, i've been in Arizona for about an hour" i laughed unwrapping my taco.

"How do you like it so far?" Kennedy asked.

"Hot, but i like the heat" i smiled at them.

"How old are you Finn?"

"I turn 17 in a few days" i replied

"That means you're a senior right?"

"Yeah, i go to i think Saguaro high now"

"Hey that's our school! Sorry Stephen i found a new best friend" Kennedy said smirking at his friend.

"Gee thanks Ken" he rolled his eyes, this time i was the one staring. He had messy black hair and brown eyes and wore a little half smirk that made my knees weak.

"What? Is there something on my face?" he smiled mocking me from before. I rolled my eyes at him playfully and continued to eat my Taco.

My phone beeped and i saw a text from my mom asking for my whereabouts. I replied quickly and she sent me back the directions to our new home.

"Hey do you guys know where this is" i asked showing the boys the screen.

"Yeah we can drive you" beamed Stephen. Kennedy grabbed my phone and typed furiously for a moment then returning it to me.

"I'm under That sexy kid from Taco Bell" he winked at me.

"Sexy doesn't do you justice Kennedy, i'm thinking more loser" smirked Stephen standing up and discarding our rubbish.

"Har har har teach me to be as funny as you Gomez"

Kennedy and Stephen led me out of Taco Bell to their car which was a beat up old chevy.

"After you" Stephen smiled opening the car door for me i blushed and mumbled thanks before sitting down. Kennedy started the car after Stephen got in the back seat.

"So what kind of music do you like Finn?" asked Kennedy fiddling with the radio.

"Anything really just don't play country or RnB" i smiled.

"What are we? In Texas? Here" said Kennedy handing me a pile of CD's i smiled when i saw The Ramones and put that in.

"Nice choice" said Stephen from the back.

A few minutes later we arrived at a large white house with a blue roof top and a removal truck in the driveway.

"Home sweet home" said Kennedy.

"Thankyou so much, sorry for going out of your way" i thanked them as i opened the door.

"You know i only live down the road, that house is mine" Kennedy pointed to a house with a large statue in the front garden about 5 houses down. I heard another car door opening and saw Stephen stepping out.

"Thanks man, i'll see you tomorrow for practice" Stephen said high fiving Kennedy.

"Bye guys!" Kennedy honked as he drove off down the road.

"So where do you live?" I asked as Stephen pointed to the house next to mine. "Oh"

"It was nice to meet you Finn, sorry for staring at you before but what Ken said is true"

"What was?"

"That i can't keep my eyes of pretty girls" he winked and walked over to his house shutting the door behind him.

I didn't know whether to punch him for being cheesy or to punch him for being cheesy.