Status: whatevs

I Must Be Blind, to Not Have Seen the Signs

T E N

Josh’s P.O.V.


So it was Friday and Dan, Max and I had arranged to go for beers that evening, and like usual they were both late and I was sat by myself in some weird bar. We’d arranged to meet at 8 and by now it was half past and I was still the only one there. I pulled out my phone and I neither of them had even tried to contact me.

Stupid bastards. Where the hell could they be?

“Mate I’m so sorry, the interview I had ran over” I heard max say as he slid into the chair beside me. I’d just remembered max and matt had gone up to the Kerrang studios for one of them pod cast thins they do to talk about what’s coming up next for us.

“Oh yeah I forgot about that? How was it?”

“Yeah it was alright, oh that reminds me, you’ll never guess whats happened mate”

“Oh sounds juicy”

“Yeah the whole office was talking about it”

“Well come on then, spit it out”

“I’m so sorry” we suddenly heard Dan say as he came over to us. “I was with Kia” he said almost shyly.

“Oi, oi” max said. Dan had introduced her to all of us now so that meant things were pretty serious between them. She was a lovely girl though and we were all happy that he’s found someone. “How is the lovely lady?”

“Yeah she’s alright”

“Sorry to cut the kia chat to a halt but max don’t leave me hanging man, what’s they news?”

“Oh yeah sorry, um… oh wait I forgot”

“Typical” I huffed and dan just laughed. “So why were you with kia for so long? Or do I not wanna know?”

“Very funny” dan said taking a swig of his beer. “Nah she’s worried about Pip. Apparently she’s not answering any of her calls, and she went round to make sure things are okay but she wont answer the door. We tried getting hold of Henry too but he’s just as silent”

“Oh yeah that was it!” max suddenly exclaimed and he looked happy that he’d remembered but not happy about what he was gonna say. “Word around the k office is that our boy Henry was caught having it off with the make up girl. Ava is it?”

I swear beer almost came out of my nose I was that shocked.

“What?” I asked; rage now threatening to fill my body

“Yeah, worst part is, Pip was the one who walked in on them. I’m guessing that’s why she’s not speaking to anyone”

All I could think about was holding Henry down and beating him until he couldn’t speak. But I couldn’t think about that now, it was Pip I needed to see first. I had to make sure she was ok. Before I knew it I was out of my seat and speaking at 100 miles an hour.

“Guy’s I need to see her, I have to make sure she’s alright”

“You want us to come with?” dan asked, about to get out if his chair but I just shook my head.

“Nah, we don’t wanna scare her with too many people. I’ll be fine, I’ll call you later” and with that I was out the door.

I made a quick stop at my house on the way there to pick up something I was hoping would help. The whole way there I was just working myself up though; I mean how could Henry do something like that? And to Pip of all people? I tired calling her a few times but she never answered.

I was at hers soon enough and I ran up the few flights of stairs until I go to outside her flat. I started banging on the door furiously and I thought I’d heard someone behind it, but even if she was there, she wouldn’t open the door. I bent down and opened her letter box and proceeded to shout at her though it.

“Pip, please open the door, I know you’re in there, just let me in”

I shouted but there was no answer. So I tried again.

“Pip come on, please I wanna help you. I know exactly how you feel, and I mean that, I’m not just saying it, so just let me in yeah? I wanna help you, i’m worried about you. please Pip, it’s only me, you can trust me right?”

Again I heard nothing back so I sank to the floor, my back to her door an I just sat there.

“You know, I have all the time in the world, I can sit here as long as you can”

So I did. I sat there for about 10 minutes but she clearly wasn’t going to open the door and I didn’t fancy sitting outside her flat all night so I got up paced the hall a few times before speaking at her once more.

“Okay you win. I get it, you dot wanna see anyone right now. Either that or you’re not here and I’m just talking to nothing. But I have something for you” and with that I pushed what I’d brought with me through her letter box. “It might help, then again it might not, but you never know. So just give it a try and when you’re ready to speak to someone, just call me yeah? I’ll drop whatever I’m doing and I’ll be straight over”

Figuring I’d said enough, I straightened up and went home with nothing but worry about the girl on my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you too mosher123, Stuart Richardson and JustThinking for your comments on the last chapter :)

so yeah i know i only updated this like yesterday, but i've been in a real writing mood today and pre written the next chapter of this so if you want it quicker lave me lots of lovely comments ;)

i've also finished the final chapter of The Kind of Hoax That Leaves a Lump In Your Throat so if you wanna see that sooner then leave me comments there too. more comments = faster updates

back on this, what do we think josh have given poor old pip? and do we think it's gonna help? i'd love to know what you think :)

thank youuuuuuuu xxx