Status: Very slow updates, I will try to get them out as quickly as possible.

Sweet Disposition

Chapter 17

Image


Claude was on fire at the game that night. He had stacked up three points by the top of the third with one goal and two assists. Claire stood next to Jim behind the bench, watching her boyfriend with a proud fascination. He had been so hyped up and excited after they had gotten back to his apartment from practise that he had difficulty getting to sleep during his pre-game nap. She couldn’t even begin to count the number of times that she had to slap his hands away and dodge his advances. He was so happy and excited that his teammates officially knew of their relationship and accepted it that he found it extremely hard to keep his hands to himself.

His good mood coupled with all of the pent up excess energy and aggression was doing wonders for his game. He had come close to a few more scoring opportunities throughout the span of the game but any frustrations were pushed to the back burner.

The crowed roared in approval when he added another point to his tally with an assist at the end of his shift for Jeff. He and his teammates swarmed the tall blonde hockey player as they celebrated his goal, patting him on the helmet and what not before skating off to resume the game.

Everything was going smoothly, the game staying fairly clean with a few hits and scuffles here and there, until Lucic laid a hard hit on JVR. A collective gasp rippled through the crowd when the young man struggled to get to his feet before shouts of protest rumbled from the concerned home crowd. Jim and Claire both moved towards the nearest door to the bench, ready to go out and tend to their injured player if need be. When it was clear that he wasn’t getting up on his own, the two trainers went out onto the rink towards him as soon as the refs stopped play.

“Where’s it hurt James?” Jim asked as he knelt beside the fallen player, placing his hand lightly on his back. “My neck and my head,” the 20 year old hissed in pain, “He got me with his shoulder.” The older trainer shot his assistant a grim look. “Do you think you can stand up to get back to the medical room?” she asked, ready to signal for a stretcher if needed. “I think so,” he replied, his voice strained from the nasty throbbing in his head. He gritted his teeth as he, with the aid of the training staff, managed to shakily get to his feet and slowly make his way off the ice. The fans cheered and applauded as his teammates banged their sticks against the boards in front of their bench.

Claire’s eyes met with her boyfriend’s as they slowly brought the injured player towards the bench door closest to the locker room entrance. Her eyes wordlessly told him what he knew she wanted to say, what she couldn’t say. She wanted him to make them pay for taking out his teammate and he nodded affirming he understood and that he was way ahead of her, that he’d do what he could. Her gaze left his as she got off the ice and helped JVR down the hall to the medical room.

He wanted nothing more than to avenge his friend and he knew that the boys felt the same. On the ice, his teammates were priority, pleasing his girlfriend was merely a bonus. The fact that she felt that same sense of revenge in the instance of the injury of one of his teammates only fueled his fire all the more.

Leaving Claire with the 20-year-old, Jim headed back out to the bench in the case of any more injuries. James was able to walk, only leaning on her if the need presented itself on the journey back to see the team doctor. She stayed with him as they took him through the standard concussion tests. His reactions were delayed and the doctor confirmed that he was indeed concussed. He was done for the game and out indefinitely until his symptoms passed and he felt better again. He would be taken to the hospital for overnight observation.

She was dismissed from the medical room to go back to the remainder of the game. Bidding James goodbye, she gave his shoulder a gentle, reassuring squeeze and headed out to the bench, getting there just in time to see Harnell land a big hit on Lucic and drop the gloves. Once they were pulled apart, the two were sent to their respective penalty boxes, chirping each other the whole way there. The crowd was abuzz with cheers and applause for number 19 and Claire couldn’t stop the small approving smile that spread on her lips.

Claude took the face-off in the attacking zone, winning it and sending it to Jeff who dropped it back to Coburn who in turn passed it to Claude who found an open slot and slammed it into the net, just over Tim Thomas’ right shoulder. The crowd erupted as the buzzer sounded and his teammates swarmed him in a chorus of ‘fucking rights’ and ‘fuck yeahs.’ Claire was fighting so hard to maintain her composure and stop herself from joining the fans and cheering wildly for her boyfriend. Instead, she sent him a look when their eyes connected that told him he would be getting very, very lucky when they got back to her place tonight. He’d be getting very lucky indeed.

*********

Because of his 5-point night, the interviews took longer than usual and Claude found himself rushing to get his shower and into his suit, not even bothering with his tie as he hurried to get out of the Wachovia Center. Mike and Jeff watched him in amusement before the latter called out, “Coming out with us tonight, G?” It was a pointless question, and Claude just rolled his eyes, shaking his head slightly before feigning tiredness, “Nah, man. Think I’m just gonna head back to mine, I’m fucking exhausted.”

Jeff rolled his eyes at his lame excuse of a response. “Exhausted my ass,” Mike laughed, “The speed you’re going, it looks like someone’s getting some tonight.” The younger player couldn’t stop the pink tinting his cheeks, giving away his intentions. He was never one to bring up any of his sexual encounters with Claire to his teammates, especially Mike and Jeff. He refused to allow her to become locker room talk like the girls he used to bed before her and he made damn sure to keep the intimate details to himself knowing he’d hate himself if he ever let it happen. Hell, he even kept Danny in the dark for the most part, with the exception of the occasional bit of advice.

“Aw Jeff, our little G is getting laid tonight!” the captain gushed to the blonde giant loud enough for the entire locker room to hear, sounding much like a proud mother fawning over her child complete with sniffling and wiping an imaginary tear from his eye, “They grow up so fast!” Scott snorted out a laugh while those who were actually paying attention to the conversation were snickering at their captain’s antics. Even Danny had an amused grin on his face. Jeff threw an arm around Claude’s shoulders, giving them a fatherly squeeze before playfully ruffling his ginger curls, “They sure do don’t they?”

Claude glared at him as he shrugged off his arm and smacking away the offending hand. “Don’t forget son,” Jeff smirked, putting on his best impression of a fatherly voice, “Cover your stump before you hump.” Hartnell was beside himself he was laughing so hard before a roar of laughter rumbled from his teammates, all at his expense. The 22-year-old rolled his eyes once again, shaking his head as he wondered why he was friends with these guys. “Fuck off Carts,” he flipped him off as he slung his bag over his shoulder and started to make his way out of the room, “You’re just jealous that I can last longer than two minutes.”

“What, you men two and a half minutes?” Mike asked, a teasing smirk spread on his face. “A half an hour actually,” Claire’s voice piped up over the din of male voices, startling the guys momentarily as none had noticed her entering the room. Claude just grinned at his girlfriend as Jeff and Mike looked a bit taken aback by her rather shameless confession. The rest of the room filled with catcalls and shouts of approval mixed with jabs at Jeff’s stamina and ability to hold back from release.

“Hey babe, you ready to head out?” he asked, giving his girlfriend his best bedroom eyes to convince her to head out as quickly as he wanted. However, one glance into her brown orbs and he knew that no persuasion was needed seeing as she clearly was on the same page. “En voyant vous vous levez pour James a été tellement putain sexuelle et quand vous avez marqué le but vainqueur à la crème que je viens sur ma culotte, c'est comme ça que je suis allumé et c'est de ta faute. Je pense que j'ai besoin de te punir d'être si sexy,” (Seeing you stand up for James was so fucking hot and when you scored the game winner I just about creamed my panties, that's how turned on I am and it's all your fault. I think I need to punish you for being so damn sexy.) she murmured, for a moment not caring about being professional and who could hear, allowing her impulsive side to take over as she looked up at him with lust in her eyes.

Claude gulped, his want for her consuming him as a desire-filled shiver ran up his spine, igniting that familiar fire in his groin. The French speakers in the room chuckled but many had a bit of a blush flood their cheeks at the very blatant sexual words came out of their friend who they had come to view as a little sister’s mouth. The guys who didn’t speak any French looked on as the words fell on essentially deaf ears, however they picked up on the sexy, lustful vibe that emanated from the young couple.

“Let’s get out of here,” she commanded, lacing her fingers in his and giving his hand a tug towards the door. Claude could feel his mouth go dry at her insistence and the other guys around the room could see by the look in her eyes the intention and drive behind her actions, the sexual tension between the two being so thick it was nearly visible. His desire for the gorgeous brunette was almost painful as he followed her without a word or show of protest. “Have a good night boys!” she called out, with an innocent smile that was so sweet it was bordering naughty. “Oh, we will,” Jeff replied with that perverted smirk of his, “Not as much as he will though!” She laughed as the two walked out the door, switching dominant roles as Claude had clearly allowed his sex drive to take over his brain as he near dragged her out of the locker room.

“Well fuck,” Dan Carcillo piped up, “I want one, where can I get one like her? G hit the fucking jackpot with that girl.” The guys all grunted in agreement both amused and somewhat shocked at Claire’s forwardness and the crudeness that had spontaneously consumed the 22-year-old athletic trainer.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so so so so sorry that it's taken this long to get a post out to you. A combination of writer's block and studying in London with traveling and finals left me struggling to get a post written, I'm off on break now, so hopefully I'll be able to get them out more often. Thank you so much to those who've stuck around and welcome to new readers, you guys are the best!
Happy Holidays!
-Alex