Status: Very slow updates, I will try to get them out as quickly as possible.

Sweet Disposition

Chapter 20

Image


The sound of the doorbell rang out through the Briere household, followed promptly by the stampede of footsteps thundering towards the door from the depths of the house. Claire chuckled as she heard the excited commotion of what she could only imagine to be the boys shoving each other around. There was clearly a struggle as the door handle jiggled around a bit accompanied by muffled shouts before the door flew open and she was scooped up in a familiar strong pair of arms. She laughed as her overgrown child of a boyfriend swung her around in delight. The Briere boys groaned in defeat as their father’s teammate had gotten to Claire first, voicing their disgust as Claude crashed his lips onto hers.

He playfully nipped her bottom lip before setting her down on her feet, earning a large, dazzling smile from the young woman. “Hey,” she greeted, her warm brown eyes sparkling with happiness. “Hi,” he murmured, grinning like an idiot and pecking her lips. She giggled as she heard Caelan and Carson making gagging noises at their affectionate display. She broke eye contact with her boyfriend, pulling out of his embrace and turning to fact the three boys she had come to love as little brothers with her arms spread wide.

“Hug me,” she demanded, laughing loudly as they all but tackled her. She looked up after a moment to see Danny standing in the doorway, a soft grin on his elven features, “This goes for you too Briere, hug me.” He laughed as he walked out from his house, giving her a tight hug when she had managed to shake off his sons. “It’s so good to see you,” he murmured before releasing her from his embrace. “Likewise, I missed you all so much.”

“Let’s go inside, food’s ready to go on the grill.” Danny said as he withdrew from their embrace, addressing the group. Claire nodded and the boys’ eyes lit up at the prospect of food. Following Danny’s lead, the three of them tore off into the house. She only made it a few steps inside before Claude gently grabbed her hand, tugging her back towards him. He wrapped his arms firmly around her, burying his face in her neck, inhaling her scent for the first time in months. It was almost overwhelming and it hit him just how much he had actually missed her. He hadn’t realised how much he craved to feel her body against his again, feeling how perfectly they seemed to fit together.

“Je vous ai manqué,” (I missed you.) he mumbled into her neck, tenderly pressing his lips to her soft skin. One of her hands drifted from where they were gently wrapped around his torso to the base of his scalp, playing with the ginger curls at her fingertips. “Tu m'as manqué aussi. Je suis si contente que tu sois de retour.” (I missed you too. I’m so happy you’re back.)

They stayed like that for what felt like ages, both just enjoying being in each other’s presence again. They savoured the feeling of being in the other’s arms and for the first time in a while, Claire felt truly at ease.

“We should probably head out back, sounds like dinner’ll be ready soon,” she said softly, attempting to untangle herself from his strong embrace. “No,” he mumbled, nuzzling her neck. She laughed at that, “Since when do you turn down food? You’re a hockey player, you’re always hungry.” He nuzzled her again, his scruff tickling the soft skin, “Since I started hugging you again. I’m never letting go now.” She rolled her eyes at his childishness, “It’s not like I’m the assistant athletic trainer for your team or anything. I’m here all season, babe. Besides, I’m starving. You don’t want to kill me on the first night back do you?”

He chuckled, finally loosening his grip on her and removing his face from the crook of her neck. “Fine,” he sighed dramatically, a grin on his lips as he bent down to kiss her on the lips one more time before placing a hand on her lower back and leading her from the hall to the back yard.

**********


The young couple walked out onto the deck, finding Danny at the grill and the boys playing around with the dogs in the backyard. “Nice of you to join us,” he smirked at the two of them, it widening more as Claire’s cheeks flushed at his insinuation. Claude grinned down at his girlfriend, “Just happy to have her back.” Danny could see the seemingly ever-present look of absolute adoration in his friend’s eyes when their gaze rested on the young woman next to him. He could see that his teammate we head over heels for her, although, he probably wouldn’t admit it right out, hell he probably didn’t even know that this was what love felt like. He could tell that Claire felt the same, but as was the problem with the two getting together in the first place, both were too afraid and oblivious to realise it.

Claude was soon called away by Carson, leaving the two other adults alone on the deck. “How are you Danny? It’s been a while since we last talked,” Claire asked, dropping her voice a little so the children wouldn’t hear.

He sighed, running a hand through his hair, “I’ve been worse but I’m definitely in a better place than I was before. It’s been rough on the boys, especially Cam. He’s not used to the idea that he’s not going to see his mother every day, that we’re not together anymore. Carson hasn’t really shown much of anything, I know he’s shaken up by this and Caelan, well, he’s been more temperamental but he’s been really good. I think he’s staying strong for the other two since he’s the oldest. They’re adjusting though and Claude’s been amazing with them. They love him and he’s helping to keep their mind off of it a bit. I think he’ll definitely help ease the transition and it takes a load off my shoulders.” She nodded, a small smile on her lips, “He’s good like that. You know how much he adores them.”

They were quiet for a little while, watching the four boys rough housing on the lawn. “I’m here if you need me too, okay? I stand by what I said before I left for the off-season and when this whole mess began, I’m here whenever you need me. That means home cooked meals because I know how terrible you and Claude are in the kitchen, watching the boys, and if you ever need someone who’s not my boyfriend or a teammate to talk to.” He smiled warmly at the young woman beside him, “I know you are and I can’t thank you enough for everything you’ve done for us. Claude’s lucky to have you. We all are.”

She shrugged, a faint blush on her cheeks from the compliment, “You’re like family Danny. You and the boys. I care about all of you and that means giving you a hand when you need it. Besides, I like to cook and what better way to stop all of you from overdosing on toast, grilled cheese, and take out than for me to make home cooked meals for my five favourite boys?” He chuckled, giving her a side hug and kissing the top of her head, “You’re too good to us.” She just smiled up at him in response before going inside to get the dishes and silverware that she had seen sitting on the counter in the kitchen.

*********


It was a typical Briere/Giroux/Dubois family dinner with lots of laughter, sarcasm, jokes, and happy chat filling the air as the six of them sat out on the deck. Claude had found almost every excuse to maintain body contact with Claire throughout the evening, whether it was holding her hand, having his arm around the back of her chair, etc.

They had finished dinner and were just lounging about, the boys having gone inside to play video games. The three of them chatted idly, making up for missed time over the off-season. Claude’s hand now rested on her thigh, giving it a gentle squeeze every once in a while. However, as time went on, his hand drifted further up her leg, his thumb lazily rubbing circles on her inner thigh. He could tell by the way she kept shifting that she was trying so hard not to squirm at the intimate gesture and he had to repress the satisfied smirk that so desperately wanted to show on his face.

She looked at her phone and let out a sigh, "It’s starting to get late. I should probably head home.” Danny nodded, knowing while it wasn’t the longest of drives, it wasn’t something she wanted to hold off much longer, especially if she was going back home alone. On the other hand, he knew it was probably best if she did leave seeing as it had been months since the couple had seen each other last and he knew damn well that Claude would have a little too much trouble keeping his hands to himself. It wasn’t that he minded them doing anything in his house, it was just that their time apart would void any attempts of even trying to keep it quiet. He knew from experience and he didn’t want to risk the boys hearing anything.

The three rose from the table, Danny stopping Claire from touching the dishes, insisting he could take care of them himself. She laughed but didn’t fight him on it.

“Babe, maybe I should drive you home? You’ve had like three glasses of wine and I don’t think you should be driving back to Philly with that much in your system,” said Claude, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. She was about to protest when Danny interrupted, noticing the pleading look in his friend’s eyes, “He’s right, you shouldn’t be driving when you’ve had that much, even if they were spaced out.” She didn’t say anything for a moment, clearly debating on whether or not to fight their point or not, however once glace at her boyfriend’s eyes quickly changed her mind, draining the fight out of her instantly. “Fine, I’m just going to say bye to the boys,” and with that she walked inside to say goodnight to Caelan, Carson, and Cameron.

Claude helped Danny clear the table and carry the dirty plates and silverware into the kitchen. “Je suppose que je te verrai demain?” (I guess I will see you tomorrow?) Danny asked with a smirk that Claude shamelessly returned. “Probablement, nous allons voir comment tout va...” (Probably, we’ll see how it goes…) The 32-year old laughed at that as he started piling everything into the sink, getting ready to de as he said he would and wash the dishes, “Peut-être que je vais vous voir à la pratique alors.” (Maybe I’ll see you at practise then.) Claude grinned but was cut off from replying when Claire walked into the kitchen, car keys in hand and leaned on the island, “You ready to go?” He nodded, quickly making his way around, holding out his had for the car keys. She gave them to him with a sigh before turning her gaze to the brunette hockey player, “See you on Friday Danny.” He smirked as Claude practically dragged her out of the kitchen, shouting a goodbye to his friend.

*********


Claude crashed his lips against hers, pinning her to the wall before her front door had even slammed shut. Her body was on fire thanks to his ministrations in the car, his hand having teased her entrance which was at present, sopping wet over the span of the entire car ride back to her place.

His hands roamed her body frantically as hers worked quickly to undo his belt buckle and fly. “Bed,” she moaned, gently tugging his bottom lip with her teeth. He didn’t need to be told twice as he pulled her from the wall and the two stumbled their way to her bedroom, leaving a trail of clothes in their wake. By the time he tossed Claire onto the bed she was in nothing but her panties and he was just kicking off his briefs. He quickly slid her underwear down her legs and before she knew it his mouth was on her clit, sucking and licking at her drenched slit, driving her farther and farther towards climax. Her hands buried themselves in his hair, tugging at his curls as he worked her up into a frenzy, her hips bucking involuntarily. He threw a heavy arm over her hips to keep her still as he drove her over the edge with his talented mouth. She moaned out his name before her body convulsed in orgasm.

He gave her pussy a gentle kiss before trailing kisses up her supple body to her lips, giving her time to calm down from the tremors that shook her body. He had almost forgotten how good she tasted and he loved how he could get her to completely unravel so quickly. He was almost painfully hard as gave her one last peck on the lips before pulling away and reaching into her nightstand drawer for a condom. He quickly tore the wrapper and rolled on the condom, positioning himself between her legs. “Vous êtes si belle, mon amour,” (You are so beautiful, my love.) he murmured, fusing his lips to hers and easing his length into her. They both gasped, too far gone to even process the words that had fallen from his lips.

Claude felt as though he would black out from how tight and good she felt around him. “Fuck,” he hissed, earning a moan from his girlfriend as he bottomed out inside her, “I missed you so much baby.” She could barely utter a response, her brain still short-circuiting from the pleasure she had received not to long ago combined with the mind-numbing build to another climax, lost in how good it felt to be with him again. She moaned out profanities as he built up a rhythm, her nails clawing at his back before trailing down and cupping his well sculpted ass, giving it a firm squeeze when he hit her g-spot. He smirked, noticing her body jolting in reaction to each thrust, making sure to hit the same spot over and over again, forcing her to shriek out in pleasure.

His eager mouth alternated between her breasts, her lips, and trailing up and down her neck, marking her as he sucked on her collarbone, claiming his territory to any man who dared challenge his claim on the beautiful woman beneath him. “Fuuuck,” she hissed as he gave her a particularly hard thrust, quickly tangling her hands in his rust-coloured curls and bringing his lips back up to hers. They kissed frantically as Claude drove them both over the edge into release. He came with a roar as she near screamed out his name, her body convulsing under his as her orgasm hit, hard. He covered her mouth with his once more, kissing her fiercely to muffle her cries, so as not to further disturb the neighbours if they hadn’t been already. His kisses became more tender and sweet as they both came down from their post-orgasmic highs.

Claude finally collapsed beside her after pressing one last kiss to her swollen lips, slipping off the condom and throwing it in the trash can by the bed. As he rolled off of her, she curled into his side, her head on his chest and his arm wrapped instinctively around her. The two lay like that for a while, trying to catch their breath, still a bit overwhelmed by intensity of what just occurred. “C'était incroyable ma chérie. Vous baiser parfait,” (That was incredible my darling. You’re fucking perfect.) he murmured, placing a kiss on her forehead. She smiled at that, unable to control the slight blush on her cheeks from his complement, “Vous êtes vous-même assez étonnant, monsieur Giroux.” (You’re pretty amazing yourself, Mr. Giroux.)

“I missed you,” she said softly, “I missed this.” He took her small, dainty hand that rested lightly on his chest and brushing a kiss against her knuckles and bringing it back down to his bare chest, leaving their fingers intertwined. “So did I chérie. I’m just happy you’re here,” he replied. They lay like that, cuddled together, Claire’s breath evening out as she finally fell asleep. As he lay there in the dark, he savoured the feeling of her sleeping form against him, knowing that there was no way in hell he would ever let this girl go. He knew damn well what he had called her during sex, "his love." it had fallen from his lips without so much as a thought Well fuck, he thought, I’m in love with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one's a bit longer than the last, hope you all like it!
As always comment, subscribe, recommend, etc. You all are the best and welcome to any new readers!

-Alex