Baby, I'm a Million.

Young Hearts.

In a matter of minutes Ferris, Nancy, and I were sneaking off campus to a diner that Ferris wanted to go to. We ran through the parking lot through the crowd of people that were heading to class, and we ran until we came to a stop-light.

We all hunched over, holding our stomachs as we laughed and fought to catch our breath at the same time. It was a very painful sensation, but not entirely unpleasant.

Once the light said we could walk and we could all breathe properly again we walked casually down the street and talked about a lot of random things that came to mind. Ferris talked about this little gnome in somebody’s yard that he said always scared him, he claimed that it’s eyes followed him down the street like a painting.

“I think you’re just paranoid,” Nancy says while she kicks a rock down the sidewalk.

“I’m not paranoid! It’s watching me I swear!” He insists, he looks at me as if begging me to defend him. I didn’t really know what to say.

“Well, technically it’s impossible for it to watch you because it’s not living but a painting isn’t living either but it’s eyes still follow you,” I say after a long pause.

“That’s true,” Nancy say.

Ferris smiles triumphantly, “I told you it was watching me.”

As we walked by the movie theater we stopped to see what they were showing, but they were changing it out so there wasn't a sign up or anything.

"I wish they would show something interesting," Nancy says.

Ferris and I nod in agreement.

"They probably won't though," Ferris says quietly.

We walk down the street again and in a short time we come to the small diner that Ferris wanted to go to and he runs in excitedly, Nancy and I stand outside and look at it for a few moments. It surely didn’t look like that a big of deal from the outside, but maybe the food was exceptionally good or something. So, we go inside and join Ferris at a table in the corner where you could look and see people as they came in but they couldn’t see you. It made me feel kind of like a stalker.

“What’s so special about this place? It’s just a little diner,” Nancy says and looks around the place with a strange look on her face.

Ferris shrugs and orders us all Cokes. We must have asked him ten times why he chose that diner to eat at, but he never told us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short.