Baby, I'm a Million.

Rockin' and Reelin'.

I stopped drawing on the napkins and stared at Nancy and Ferris waiting for them to explain the situation to me. I sensed the sudden tension between Nancy and Ferris so I looked back down at my drawing on the napkin while I continued to wait. When nobody said anything I sighed.

“Never mind,” I say without looking up at either of them. I traced my napkin drawing with my finger; it was a caterpillar with three stripes on its back, there were butterflies flying around it as if boasting about what they had become.

Nancy looked at me shyly, “There’s this guy that I have a crush on who is totally different from me…”

“But she won’t talk to him because she’s shy!” Ferris interrupts, I raised an eye brow.

“Who is it?” I ask her excitedly, she looked at me then looked down. Ferris pretended to clear his throat so that I would look at him, he points towards the bathrooms. There was a table full of jocks; they all seemed to be looking in our direction so that wasn’t really helpful much.

“I’ll tell you later when we get back to school,” she says. I didn’t really believe that she would tell me so I change the subject.

“I thought we were skipping the whole day?” I cocked my head to the side in confusion.

Ferris sighs, “Well, I’m skipping the whole day. You two ladies can do whatever you want.”

I wanted to take a day off, but only if Nancy would with me. So, Ferris and I went into beg mode.

“Please Nancy! It won’t be as fun if you go to school!” Ferris whines, I nodded in agreement.

“Please Nancy! Pretty please with Robert Plant on top,” I whined, “I will love you forever and ever!”

She rolls her eyes, “You two are pathetic, as if you could really convince me by offering me Robert Plant!”

“Come on, it will be fun!” Ferris and I whine at the exact same time, we begged for a good five minutes. We almost had her convinced, she was about to answer us until all the sudden one of the jocks came walking up to our table. Nancy completely froze…