Baby, I'm a Million.

Patience.

I felt so terrible about what happened with Nancy that I cancelled my day off with Ferris to try and talk to her about it. I felt somewhat responsible for the way that asshole talked to her because I kept looking over there, he should've jumped on me not her.

"Well, if you change your mind I'll be at the movie theater for the next couple hours. If I'm not there I'll be at the mall," Ferris says as I put five dollars on the table to help pay for me and Nancy's breakfast since she didn't pay before she left. It was the least I could do for her.

Anyway, Nancy and I had a few classes together so I figured that I would have a chance to get to talk to her, especially since we now sit together during most of those classes; but she always went and sat in the back with her other friends. I tried to go over to her table at lunch but again I was greeted by cold stares. This one girl especially looked at me like she would rip my fucking head off if I walked over there, so I retreated to a table by myself like I did the first day I started going to this God-forsaken school.

I was halfway through lunch when John Bender came walking over to my table casually. He sits down and starts going through the rest of my lunch, he gives me a smirk. I scowl.

"Bad day?" He says nonchalantly while he takes a bite out of my apple.
"Where'd you get that idea?"
"Well, for the past week you've been sitting with Nancy and her crew. Now you're alone."
"What's it matter to you anyway if I'm having a bad day?"
"It doesn't, I'm just curious. It's not a crime to be curious."
"It should be though," I sigh, "I'm getting the fuck out of here."
He smirks,"And to think, all this time I thought you were a goody-two-shoes."
"You don't know half as much about me as you think you do, Bender."
I gather up my things and walk out of the cafeteria with Bender on my trail.
"What was that supposed to mean?"
"It means exactly what I said," I look over my shoulder and see him run his fingers through his hair. It had to have been the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life.
"I know more about you than you think."
I roll my eyes, "Whatever you say."

He follows me as I sneak my way out of the school by climbing through a window in the girls locker room, and he continues to follow me as I walk to meet Ferris at the movie theater where he said he would be in case I changed my mind. We didn't talk much on our way there, he lit a cigarette then asked me if I wanted one. I found Ferris in line on his way to see the newest installment in the Nightmare on Elm Street series. He saw me and Bender walking towards him and get this weird look on his face. It was something between amusement and perhaps jealousy, but that could have been me trying to flatter myself since I had developed a small crush on Ferris.

"This movie maybe a little graphic for our little Ferris," Bender says sarcastically and wraps his arm around Ferris' shoulders, Ferris shrugs him off and turns to me.
"I'm guessing Nancy wouldn't talk to you?"
"Yep, I couldn't even go near her because these chicks she was hanging out with were giving me the stank eye!"

Bender laughs, "What the fuck is a stank eye?"
"It's when someone is looking at you like they hate you."
"They probably don't hate you. They're just freaks."
"That's not nice," I say only half seriously, I didn't know them so I didn't know what they were like. I didn't really care to know though after today. My theory was right: trying to have a social life is too difficult considering that I would only be here for one year.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long.