Baby, I'm a Million.

Go Your Own Way.

My first day at Shermer High School was awful, I couldn't believe all the crap that happened to me in just one day. While I was trying to open my locker I opened it up to hard and hit myself right in the face, everybody saw it and started laughing at me. I had to go to the nurse because my nose started bleeding, I was fifteen minutes late to World History. I would've gotten detention if the nurse hadn't brought my pass that I'd left in her office.

Then, on my way to second period some guy walked up to me and grabbed my ass! When I turned around to hit him there was this big group of jocks standing around, my first thought was if I hit him they'd all kill me. So I ended up letting it slide, but at lunch the same guy tripped me. When I fell some girl named Claire "accidentally" dumped her tray on me. I was still picking pieces of broccoli out of my hair during seventh period.

Which brings me to when some dude tried to sell me weed in the parking lot, I almost bought some but I decided not to. Instead I ended up walking home alone, completely miserable. I knew my parents would want to hear all about it as soon as I got home, I didn't want to tell them anything about any of it at all. I hated Shermer High School already.

When I got home I tiptoed upstairs to my room and fell on my bed. Maybe I would get lucky and nobody would come over to 'welcome us to the neighborhood', because I knew if someone asked me how I liked school I would end up going off on them.

"Avery Louise Parker come down here and help me set the table!" My mother calls, groan and go down to the dining room. My little sister Kelly was sitting on the couch watching MTV while my little brother Jackson crawled around after the dog.

I pulled the dishes out of the cupboard and started setting them on the table, "I'm guessing dad's not going to be home in time for dinner tonight?"

My mom looks over at me and smiles weakly, "I'm afraid not, but you know it's a new job he's got to get settled in."

I take one of the plates off the table and put it back up, I set up Jackson's high chair and go get him. When I pick him up he tries to wiggle out of my arms, but after a couple seconds he settles in my arms and stares at me with big blue eyes.

"Avwey!" He says and kisses me on the cheek, I instantly smile. Sometimes he got on my nerves, but he could always make me smile when I was upset. Jackson was a much nicer baby then Kelly was when she was younger, Kelly was just flat out obnoxious when she was his age.

"So, Avery, how was school?" Mom asked, I shrugged.

"It was okay." I lied.