Baby, I'm a Million.

One Way Street.

When Nancy sat beside me at the table I turned my head towards the window, still trying desperately to keep myself from crying. Cameron and Ferris got lost in their own conversation while Nancy traces a scratch on the table with her finger tip. I was doing pretty good at not crying until I see Bender walk down the street towards the movie theatre with his shoulders hunched over and his head paralelle with the ground, I felt tears sting the back of my eyes worse than before.

I tried to hide it but girls have this weird sixth sense where we can kind of feel if another girl has been crying, even if we're not close to said girl. That being said, Nancy was the only person at the table who noticed.

"Hey, Avery, come to the restroom with me," She says. I knew that if Nancy was anything like my best friend from my old school 'come to the restroom with me' translated to, "Let's go have a deeply personal conversation in the restroom".

I followed her in the girl's restroom, she leaned against the wall right at the narrow entrance of the restroom and I leaned against the otherside.

"So, why are you crying? Is it over Bender or Ferris? Or do you actually feel guilty about what you're doing to them both?" She asked kind of cold, but I knew it was because I had managed to break up their group. I honestly didn't mean to.

"Of course I feel guilty! I freaking hurt Bender by being a fucking cold bitch and I feel bad about it! I like him so much but I also really like Ferris! Ferris is making a proper attempt at something possibly happening but Bender is just being all sarcastic about it. I don't want to be a bitch, and I don't want to be in the middle of a bunch of drama during my senior year. I don't want any of this shit!" I slide down the wall onto the floor, I jam my face into my hands.

Nancy slides down the wall too, the tips of her Converse touched mine. I didn't know what I expected, I think I expected her to snap at me. Instead she spoke softly, as if we had been best friends our whole lives.

"You have to understand what you're dealing with here, Avery. Bender isn't as much of an open book as Ferris is, mostly because he's been through so much."

I look at her and sigh, "I wish he would just open up to me a little bit, maybe that's all he needs is to let somebody inside his shell. Maybe he would be less intense if he did."

She laughed, "I could say the same about you, I think this is the most you've talked to me. Ever."

"I always thought you hated me, I think the people I've talked to the most out of everybody are Bender and Ferris. With Bender it's like all we do it throw sarcastic remarks bakc and forth, Ferris and I just talk about school. I don't see why they're making a fuss anyway, they don't know anything about me!"

"They know enough," she says and points to my purity ring, "that would get any guy's attention. They're all like 'oooh, a virgin,' it's kinda sick if you think about it."

I nod in agreement, before I could say anything else somebody trying to get in the restroom hit us with the door. We retreated back to the table, to my shock Bender was there again arguing with Ferris.