Baby, I'm a Million.

Cryin'

When my mother told me that Nancy had gotten into a very bad car accident, I rushed out of the house and into my car. I couldn't believe what was happening! Everything was going so well...why did Nancy have to be in this situation?

At the hospital, I met up with Ferris, Avery and Avery's mom. We quickly inquired about Nancy to one of the nurses standing around looking bored. She told us to go ask the receptionist. Avery went over to the nicer looking woman at the desk, and asked about our dear friend.

When I turned around, I thought I had seen Sloane...and I was right. She came up to me, tears in her eyes.

"What's happened to Nancy, Cam? Is she okay?" she asked, hugging me tightly.

Soon, a doctor came up to us, and he looked very tired.

"Well, is anyone here Ms. West's family?" the doctor questioned.

We all shook our heads yes. Technically, we are her family.

That's when her mother and father rushed in, looking very distressed. I knew they often ignored Nancy, and they often didn't care what she did. But right now, they looked very worried.

"I presume you must be Mrs. West and Mr. West. Anyways, as I was explaining to her extended family, Nancy is alright. She hasn't any broken bones, no deep damage...the only thing wrong with Nancy is...well...we've discovered that Ms. West has acquired a rare type of non-permanent amnesia. She can only remember recent events and people she has just met..."

He let us go into the room. This was my greatest fear. Nancy forgetting about me...I know it isn't her fault, but...

"You gonna be okay, Cam?" Avery asked, being civil towards Sloane who was clutching my arm.

"Yeah...I guess so."

We decided to let Nancy's parents to go first. When they came out of the room, about five minutes later, they were in tears. Nancy's mom was hysterical.

"WHY DOESN'T MY BABY REMEMBER ME?! OH GOD, THOMAS...our baby...she's lost..."

I actually felt a lot of sadness for these people. After all, they did make the most beautiful woman on earth...

"Cameron?...would you and Ferris like to go in? You've been her best friend from the start." Thomas, Nancy's dad, asked.

It smelled horrible in Nancy's room. Only because it's a nasty hospital room. Nancy was awake, eating some kind of pudding.

"Hi there! I'm Nancy West! Nice to meetcha!"

...And that's when my heart broke...