Baby, I'm a Million.

Time.

"Avery! What's up?! Finally, someone I actually know is here! I need to ask you some advice!" I blurt out to my friend, who had just arrived.

She looks at me, very confused, but very relieved. I think she was apprehending everything and the situation this was.

"So you do remember me, Nancy?"

"Of course, I kind of remember my parents, but not by much. I think it was when they started showing me the baby pictures that I remembered my childhood."

I then proceed to blush. Avery raises her eyebrow, and I silently nod my head towards the door. Through the window, I see Cameron with Ferris. These two guys are apparently my best friends, but I cannot for the life of me remember any sort of friendship with either of them.

"Soooo...do you remember either of them?" Avery asks, hoping for a yes.

I shake my head, still gazing at Cameron. I wish I would remember someone as cute as him!

"No, I don't remember either of them. I do think Cameron's super cute though!" I said through giggles.

"Are you serious?! Cameron has been in love with you since the fourth grade!"

Shocked at hearing this, I suddenly really wished and hoped for my memory to come back. All this was hurting me deeply. I just want to be normal again...

"Avery, why did this have to happen to me?" I asked, tears forming in my eyes.

"Because not everyone is lucky..."

I sighed and hoped for Monday morning...I would be allowed out by Wednesday of this week, and the following Monday would be my first day back at school.

The doctors found out, by multiple tests, that I had retained all my knowledge, but my memories of significant people were wiped away. It seemed as though my brain was trying to fill in the gaps, and by brain scans, we saw that my brain was slowly remembering everything.

The doctor told my family and I that it might take up to a year for me to remember everything I forgot. They also said it might be a shorter time, and only time will really tell when I'm fully healed. For now, I could relive my normal life...

...only, I didn't have a normal life anymore.