Baby, I'm a Million.

Flower in The Sun.

Tuesday, my parents allowed me to go to school. My mother made me a lunch, and my father had called the school to explain what had happened. I felt like a freak...

...I wore my older brother's Dark Side of The Moon sweater, with a striped polo underneath. I was deciding between some bellbottoms or leather pants, when my mom knocked on the door.

"Are you sure you wanna go to school? You know we can call the school and tell them you aren't ready." she asked, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sure I want to go. Now, what should I wear, leather or jeans?"

"Leathers, and I'll drive you whenever you are ready." My mom smiled at me once more, and left my room.

After putting on my pants, doing my hair and make up and grabbing my books, I went downstairs and my mother gave my a chocolate chip muffin. We took the convertible out for a spin, as it was still warm enough.

Getting to school was awesome in the convertible, but once I realized I didn't remember anyone, I got scared. My mother sensed my fear, and looked at me with concern.

"Are you okay? You sure you wanna go in there? Want me to go pick up Avery, so you two can go into school together?"

Man, does she ever ask so any questions...

"I'm fine. I'll find Avery...and the others."

I got out of the car, trying to hold my head up high. I was almost at the front doors, when I looked back at my mother. She seemed to coax me to go on, but I was terrified...

...until I heard his voice.

"Hey! Nancy, wait up!"

I looked over and saw a real hunk of a guy. He had a letterman jacket on. I think he was on the wrestling team...

...his smiled made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.