Baby, I'm a Million.

Just Breathe.

I go up to my room and changed out of my school clothes, after looking myself over I decided I looked good enough. I grabbed up my bag and ran downstairs, my mom met me at the front door.

"Where are you going?" She had that awful look on her face that parents get when they think your 'up to no good', I've always hated that look.

"I'm going to the movies with these people I met at school." I smile reassuringly and try to push past her.

"What time will you be home?"

"I don't know mom, depends on what movie we see I suppose." I run my hand through my hair, waiting for her to let me past.

"What are their names?" She raises an eyebrow, she was acting like I was making them up or something.

"Ferris and Nancy! There are two other people going but I haven't met them yet." I adjust my sunglasses, she stares at me for a few more seconds but moves to let me out the door.

"Be home by midnight!" She calls after me as I sprint across the yard.

I met Nancy at the pizza place across from the movies and we waited for Ferris, he was bringing his girlfriend Sloane and some guy named Cameron.

"So, where did you move here from?" She asked me as we waited.

"Dallas, Texas."

We both stayed quiet until the rest of the gang came by. I didn't anything about it but when Ferris came up to us with Sloane and Cameron something about her changed. I really didn't want to say something that made them uncomfortable.

"Sloane and Cameron, this is Avery!" Nancy introduced me, Sloane said hello and Cameron gave me a goofy smile.

"You're the one who attacked yourself with a locker right?" Cameron asked, Nancy slapped his arm but I laughed.

"Yep! That was me!" I laughed, then snorted, then I laughed harder. Everyone laughed along with me, then Nancy snorted making us all laugh so hard it hurt. I liked laughing, it was something I didn't do much at home while I was helping mom with Kelly and Jackson. I liked feeling like I belonged.