Baby, I'm a Million.

Been A Son.

It was close to 11 p.m. when we all decided to walk home. Avery and Cameron on one side of me; Ferris and Sloane to the other. I felt like crying my eyes out. I couldn't take it any longer.

"Cameron Frye! Are you blind?!" Sloane shouted, shaking him.

So...she definitely beat me to the punch.

"What? What is it, Sloane?" Ferris and Cameron asked in unison.
"Cameron, can't you see how much Nancy likes you?! She's liked you since forever! You must really be blind! I'm sorry, Avery, but I won't let you take my best friend's crush away from her!"

Avery backed off and frowned. She came up to me, hugged me and whispered an apology. After that, she ran home. I didn't see her until the next day.

Cameron was shocked. He looked at me and blushed. I can only imagine what my face must of looked like.

"Honestly, I didn't know, Nancy...Please forgive me."

I didn't let him finish, I just got in the car with my mom, who had happened to drive by at the time.

"Bye Cameron Frye..." I shouted out the window.

Tears ran down my face. I couldn't believe he didn't know that I liked him.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" My mom asked. I was surprised; she never asked me what was wrong. Ever. She usually didn't give a shit.
"...Cameron likes someone else..." I sobbed softly.

We got home and she parked the car. Without leaving, she listened to me as I told the story about the night. She listened and didn't judge.

Finally, she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me.

"Cameron Frye is a silly boy if he can't see how much of a great, young woman you are. You're smart, beautiful, funny, amazing...you'll see, he'll come around."

And she left me with only those thoughts...