Baby, I'm a Million.

Just Can't Wait

Avery and I talked for a long time on her porch steps. By the time the conversation died down, it was almost 12 p.m.

"So...I was just going to visit a couple friends today. Not any of the gang from yesterday. You wanna join me?" I asked her, hoping she'd still like to be my friend.
"Sure. You think it's a good idea?"

Avery rushed inside, telling her mother where she was going and to get changed. I decided to head inside. At the door was the stairs, a closet covered with a huge mirror and the doorway to the kitchen. I decided to look in the mirror to see if I looked any good.

"Don't worry. You're really pretty." Avery whispered behind me. It kind of creeped me out, kind of made me happy.
"Thanks...I guess."

So we started walking towards the north part of town. Passed the pawnshop, the adult store, liquor store and the skatepark. Where John Bender lives. He was the coolest.

John was the first guy I met when I moved here from Canada. A lot of people didn't like me, but him and I got along just well. We were pretty young, but Bender and I always got in lots of trouble.

Him and I usually smoked a blunt every saturday morning. It was noon, but what the hell does that matter. I'm sure he wouldn't mind Avery coming with us to our meadow. She was cool and trustworthy.

Or was she...