Status: More Comments = More Updates; Just a Suggestion.

All The Small Things

IV

Three weeks had gone by, and I swear that they were the best three weeks of my entire life. Who knew that my life could change so much in such a short period of time? I used to be just a no-named little sophomore that everyone ignored, which I didn't really mind, but now everyone seemed to know who I was, and that was a nice feeling.

It was early in the morning on a Friday when I woke up to my phone going off beside me where I had fallen asleep the night before texting Jack, Alex and Kara non-stop.

"What could someone possibly want at this hour?" I groaned as I answered my phone without even opening my eyes.

"Wake up and be ready to go in five minutes Cam, and pack for three nights. Got it?" A voice chuckled before hanging up quickly.

"I have weird friends." I yawned before closing my eyes and going back to sleep.

"I thought I told you to wake up!" The same voice from the phone call whispered as they opened and closed my bedroom door ten minutes later and crept over to stand at the foot of my bed.

"How'd you get in my room?" I groaned as I pulled the covers over my head as light flooded my room when he turned on my overhead light.

"Seriously Cam, we have to GO! Where the hell is a gym bag? Oh sweet, thongs! I bet you look good in these... or out of them." I could literally hear the smirk in his voice as he spoke which made me pull my head out from under the covers.

"Alex get out of my drawers!" I let out a small laugh as I finally sat up, "What are you even doing here anyway?"

"We're going on a road trip, girl! Surprise!" He smirked, "For real though, I'm being totally serious right now." He said once he saw my perplexed expression, "And you're coming with us."

"But we have school in..." I paused to look at my phone, "four hours! Alex why the hell are you at my house at three in the morning?"

"I told you, Cameron. We're going on a road trip. Please try and keep up." He rolled his eyes as he put a short black dress, some sandals, a few pairs of jeans, a hoodie, four shirts, a bikini, and some underwear into a bag he had finally found in my closet. He proceeded to grab my makeup and hair straighter before he threw some shoes and socks at my head, "Put those on so we can go!"

"Paul would kill me if he found out." I said stubbornly as I just sat there instead of following his direct orders.

"Paul already said it was okay." Alex grinned, "How do you think I got in your room so easily? I didn't break in you know."

"What? How, why?" I stammered as I finally began pulling on my shoes. Alex did have a point about getting in my house, and as long as it was cool with Paul, I wasn't about to pass this kind of experience up.

"Don't ask questions, just come on. You can sleep in the van and it will all be okay." Alex assured as he ushered me out of the room and to the van that was waiting outside on the curb by my mailbox. He opened the back door to show me three weary-eyed faces attempting to smile at me.

"Hey Cammie." Jack mumbled as I climbed into the back next to him, "Ready to go on a road trip?"

"To where?" I yawned as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Ask me when the sun is up." He siad as he nuzzled closer to me. I chuckled as I too fell back asleep.

"Cameron! Cameron! Cameron!" I heart Jack shout as he shook me furiously, "Oh good, you're awake. We're getting breakfast."

"Oh good, I'm starved." I muttered as I rubbed my eyes and crawled out of the van.

"Good morning Sleeping Beauty!" Rian chirped as he held out his hand to steady me as I jumped to the ground.

"Rian, it's seven in the morning, that is no time for snide comments." I rolled my eyes.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the van." Zack chuckled mostly to himself as we all walked into the nearly empty Denny's.

"What can I get you?" The waitress asked with a very annoyed attitude. You could tell that she had worked the night shift and was about to get off work by the fresh grease stains on her apron and her red, cracked eyes. Her hair was askew and falling out of the bun on top of her head, but she didn't even appear to notice or care enough to do anything about it.

"She'll have the pancakes." Jack ordered for me, "And I'll have the breakfast burrito."

"What if I didn't want pancakes?" I raised my brow when she left after taking everyone else's orders.

"Do you not want pancakes?" He asked looking at me with the same expression.

"I wanted pancakes." I giggled as I turned red.

"Stop being so damn cute you two." Alex chuckled.

"As opposed to you and Lisa who are so adorable it makes me sick?" I laughed, "I suppose you can tell me where we are going now, Alex?" I asked. The curiosity was killing me inside seeing as I had agreed to go on this road trip with no idea what was going on.

"I suppose." Alex repeated as he sipped his coffee, "We are actually playing a few shows in New York City. Kara and Lisa were supposed to come along too, but they had a cheer leading competition, so we left without them. They said they may join us tomorrow, but who knows."

"And you took me as a replacement for them?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You're part of the group now dummy!" Rian exclaimed, "Why wouldn't we include you?"

"I don't know." I giggled as Jack wrapped his arm around me.

"That was a really stupid thing to say, Cammie." He mumbled into my hair.

"No kidding." Alex snorted from the other side of the table as the waitress brought our food.

"Food!" Zack exclaimed as he snatched the bacon from every plate and stuffed it into his mouth.

"What if I wanted some of that!" Rian whined.

"Did you?" Zack asked.

"No." Rian chuckled, "But if you touch my eggs, I will kick your ass."

-

"So is your band actually any good?" I joked once we had finally crossed the bridge into the city.

"Any good?" Alex scoffed as he hit me with his bag of Milanos he had been snacking on since we left the Denny's. I was surprised he could eat any more food after the feast he scarfed down at breakfast. "We're fucking great!"

"We really are." Jack nodded his head in agreement so vigorously that it looked like it was about to fall off.

"I'll believe it when I see it." I laughed as Jack fell into me headfirst.

"That's why you wear your seat belt, Jack!" Rian said as he finished making a sharp turn.

"Damn you!" Jack shouted as he shook his fist at Rian.

"We're here!" Zack exclaimed as he pressed his head to the window. I tried to see past Alex to look out the window and I nearly gasped when I saw the bright lights of New York City. It was beautiful. I couldn't wait to get out and walk the streets of Manhattan, but first we had to check into our hotel. I was rather surprised how easily four seventeen year old guys, and one fifteen year old girl managed to get a hotel room for three nights so easily. What didn't surprise me was the mistake that was made when we got to the room.

"How could you possibly screw up and get a room with only one bed?" Zack groaned as he hit Alex on the back of the head.

"At lease it's a king sized?" He attempted to be optimistic, but it wasn't working out too well. Five people in a bed for the night was going to be difficult, and if Kara and Lisa joined us tomorrow, it was going to be nearly impossible to fit all of us in one bed, even if Kara, Lisa and I were small.

"Hey Cameron, want to go walk around the city for a bit while these idiots try to get our room situation figured out?" Jack chuckled as he followed me to put our stuff in the hotel room closet.

"That sounds great, just let me change first." I grinned before I snatched some clothes and wandered into the bathroom. Ten minutes later, they were all still bickering and Jack was leaning on the door frame waiting for me.

"Ready?" he grinned as he held out his hand for me to take. I quickly grabbed it and he entwined our fingers, just as he always did.

"Ready." I blushed as we snuck out of the hotel room unnoticed. I couldn't help but to wonder what they were going to do when they realized we were gone, but that was another worry for another time. Right now all that mattered was that I was in one of the world's greatest cities with one of the greatest guys I'd ever met.

Today couldn't possibly get any better than this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sort of a filler chapter, but sort of not. There is kind of a lot going on in this one, but also not really. It's sort of hard to explain, yet I hope you somewhat understand. <- I hope some of that made sense to you, because it still sort of confuses me and I'm the one who wrote it.

Also thanks to Yay Its Alex! for commenting! So far the three comments I have (cough, please keep commenting, cough cough) have made this easier to keep on writing. I'm so glad people actually like this story, seriously. I really thought this story was going to suck in all honesty. It may or may not be a while before I get the next chapter up, because this is all I have written so far of this story and I have to organize all my forming ideas into chapters. Just an FYI, this is probably going to be a really long story because I have a few ideas for upcoming drama. You guys haven't seen anything yet (;

I was going to wait to post this, but you guys got me to two stars in only a few days of the story being posted (which is good considering this is one of my first stories ever) so I was posting this as a thank you to everyone who has subscribed and commented. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this short chapter. I'm going to be flying to NYC & NJ on Wednesday from my dad's house in Atlanta to enjoy the rest of my spring break with my mom and old friends before I head back to Georgia late Sunday night. Sometimes I wish I stayed in NJ instead of moving to my dad's house the beginning of this year, but I am sort of liking my new school in Georgia at the moment. Well enough about my personal life, I could go on for hours. I was actually trying to inform you in that paragraph about my life that I am going to try and write the next chapter while I am on the plane to and from there, but that may or may not happen. Just expect the next chapter to hopefully be out by next week.

And now my Author's notes is almost longer than my chapter. I ramble when I write sometimes. This is a problem. Okay, i'm done now.

The more comments, the more likely I will post before then... just saying (;

- Sommer x